Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

calex71 wrote: »
    Yes get back there and get them ,
    great armour and a sword down the cracks
    likely too heavy for you at the minute though , sounds like you are going the route I went to the bastille, I would suggest going back and heading to Heide's first and going the ship route if you haven't been that way already.

That said, if you went that way you can pick up the
    silver covetous ring risk free through that route and then turn back , give you a 20% soul boost :)

THANK YOU! The drangleic armour is fukking class! Can wear it all at 69% weight so still got speed. So push onto bastille or back to the tower way hhhmmmmm

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    Ok the achievement whore in me got the better of me and I checked what its going to take to get them all :o

Posting in spoilers just in case folks don't want to see the goal posts for this, which is currently the hardest rated achievement in the game
    AT LEAST New Game +++ (Fourth Playthrough) before you are able to purchase all miracles. If you don't want to play that far, you will need 500 Tokens of Fidelity to offer to the Blue Sentinels Covenant, rewarded for successful co-op boss fights in other players' worlds

I think
    to rank up blue sentinels you need to kill invaders who are attacking blue apostles, hunt the guilty with blue eyed orbs or win sparring matches against other blue sentinels rather than just get tokens of fidelity from boss fights.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Current stats: SL62. VGR 11, END 7, VIT 5, ATN 26, STR 10, DEX 11, ADP 9, INT 32, FTH 4.

Slightly different build to others here, but working out great so far :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm convinced the sinning is bugged, have never had a cracked blue eye orb work yet :mad:

Man these sentinels suck ass. Was doing better on my own then summoning the mage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TBH there's not a lot of invasions going on at lower levels which might be a reason.

I'm calling it quits for tonight. Back down the country for work for the week so I won't be back on until the weekend :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm convinced the sinning is bugged, have never had a cracked blue eye orb work yet :mad:
    If I use the orb, it immediately says it can't find players, as if it didn't even attempt to search. I'm fairly sure it's bugged.

It could also be that not many players have sinned yet...but I'm not buying this considering how many right now are playing. I haven't been invaded yet either, oddly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Beat the persuer 1st time with the help of a friendly fella with soul arrow, then examined a nest and fit whisked away. Did I miss any items ifi went on past the nest?

Oh and I was human but was hollow when I landed from the crow, is that because I got cursed?

You actually did. If you are heavy / ish armour user, then there is a very fantastic armour and sword hidden in that area. I won't say,where, but you should not have issues finding it m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Day one in work after a weekend of Souls, over in the UK there's no bank holiday! :(

Some advice time; I've got my first great soul, so I have a few options on which way to go, all of them explored to some extent. Can anyone advise on my best way forward? Areas of choice are in spoilers below:
    - Take on the boss fog at the top of the Huntsman Copse, which I think leads to the Chariot
    - Explore the other end of the Copse some more, possibly venturing into the Skeleton area
    - Go to the garden area after you unpetrify the pyromancer and beat all the posion guys
    - Explore the fog area further

Also, has anyone seen any divine weapons yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anybody else play ring roulette? When I first started the game I was like "Man....four ring slots is overkill." Now im always humming and hawing over which rings to choose! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Kirby wrote: »
    Anybody else play ring roulette? When I first started the game I was like "Man....four ring slots is overkill." Now im always humming and hawing over which rings to choose! :p

No, I'm a happily married man!

Kirby wrote: »

Yup! :D

First I was like this: "Aaaa jaysus lads, finally game, which knows that human body has more then 2 fingers!!!
    Now I am like this: "Aaaa jaysus lads, human body has more then 4 fingers!!!

Yupp, I have some class rings, always changing them for different situations. Stamina regen, binding, blades abs covetous souls are my go to at the moment with the Drangleic set, drangleic shield and +5 flame sword. Flukilly met mcduff blacksmith last night, he was fairly well hidden :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No bank holiday for me either :(

Already debating what my next move is in the game.

tok9 wrote: »
    No bank holiday for me either :(

Already debating what my next move is in the game.

Where you at game-wise? The temptation to go on wikis and the like is near-overwhelming, but I'm going to stay strong!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Weapons durability degrades way too quickly for my liking. Curved swords barely make it half way to most bosses, and i've to carry around at least 2 other weapons to get me through. Is there any way to make them stronger? I've also not found any decent weapons, and am still using regular short/longwords (+4 and +5) to get me through.

Also, realised why i was finding it so difficult for the last few hours...bloody Champions covenant :(

Overall, it's a fantastic game. Definitely more Demons than Dark Souls, and tough as nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Just 5 hours in and I'm onto the Sentinels. Found the Blacksmith near there but it seems he won't entertain me unless I get him a Flame Ember. Just using a Broadsword +2 atm but I could do with upgrading it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

chickenboy wrote: »
    Where you at game-wise? The temptation to go on wikis and the like is near-overwhelming, but I'm going to stay strong!

I'm just after clearing the fourth path in Majula where the woman is petrified. Finished up on the 2nd bonfire and there were 3 paths ahead of me. 1 I can't make progress in.. so that leaves left or right.. I didn't like the look of right :P

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm just after clearing the fourth path in Majula where the woman is petrified. Finished up on the 2nd bonfire and there were 3 paths ahead of me. 1 I can't make progress in.. so that leaves left or right.. I didn't like the look of right :P

Pretty much exactly where I am; I've ventured into the fog, and it's a disturbing experience! I've found one way out of it relatively quickly, and I'm sure there's more to find once I grow the balls to venture deeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kiith wrote: »
    Weapons durability degrades way too quickly for my liking. Curved swords barely make it half way to most bosses, and i've to carry around at least 2 other weapons to get me through. Is there any way to make them stronger? I've also not found any decent weapons, and am still using regular short/longwords (+4 and +5) to get me through.

Also, realised why i was finding it so difficult for the last few hours...bloody Champions covenant :(

Overall, it's a fantastic game. Definitely more Demons than Dark Souls, and tough as nails.

I kinda like the durability changes. There is a ring you can get that reduces wear and tear on the swords, forget where you get it though :o I'm also still using a Rapier that i picked up since the start of the game, its +10 right now. Got a Katana and a curved boss soul weapon. I switch it up depending on enemy mobs. Rapier is good for armored enemies, Katana if i need to cleave multiple mobs and the Soul Sword just cause its badass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just met Staid, anything worth giving up my boss souls for :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Can't really complain about the durability since it's so much easier to upgrade weapons and repair powder is common and cheap if you don't have easy access to a bonfire or don't want to reset an area. I have a +3 Boss Soul weapon, +3 BKUGS, +10 Poison Large Club and +7 Lightning Longsword.

I mainly use the longsword for everything that isn't a boss where I'll switch up to my Club because that thing just smashes everything. Boss Soul sword (don't really wanna mention the name incase spoiler) is great too and should be amazing at +5.

edit: calex, what else do you intend on using the boss souls for? :P He does sell some great pyromancies and spells too

I kinda like the durability changes. There is a ring you can get that reduces wear and tear on the swords, forget where you get it though :o I'm also still using a Rapier that i picked up since the start of the game, its +10 right now. Got a Katana and a curved boss soul weapon. I switch it up depending on enemy mobs. Rapier is good for armored enemies, Katana if i need to cleave multiple mobs and the Soul Sword just cause its badass.

That ring was in sinners rise through a breakable wall perhaps:confused:

OdgeXD wrote: »
    edit: calex, what else do you intend on using the boss souls for? :P He does sell some great pyromancies and spells too

Ah yeah lol just i kind feel its a bit early to give them away incase I need them for something better later, theres a fire here so I can come back after I've shopped around, it's a buyers market in dark souls :p

If Staid was a car sales man he would say "bloody tire kickers" :D

Hmm I don't really have any issues with durability yet, though I am using great sword and shield combo. So items are quite big and durable.
    I only got my sword in danger zone in No man's wharf once.

I don't count in the time I was standing in acid admiring cave, while my all equipment turned in to jelly...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone else accidentally kill the host with the Ballista when phantoming The Pursurer? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

The Persuer was one of those bosses I killed on my own first time. His patterns are pretty easy to figure I thought :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

chickenboy wrote: »
    Also, has anyone seen any divine weapons yet?

No divine weapons in this game. Lightning scales with Faith this time. Also Dark scales with faith and int (I think).

Anyone else accidentally kill the host with the Ballista when phantoming The Pursurer? :pac:

No but I have been killed by it, took out me and landed the killing blow on the pursuer at the same time . Kill didn't count so it had to be done again :D

• Advertisement

Oh, so you're one of them! :mad:

Advertisement