Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

In Huntsman's Copse but just cannot find my way to Undead Purgatory!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Liam Nesson would be a good one but he's surviving to the end of a few films these days.

I called myself Sir Dubious so people would be more forgiving if I fell down a random hole :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

In Huntsman's Copse but just cannot find my way to Undead Purgatory!!

If you made it to the bonfire when you come out of the little cave there's a rope bridge leading to it right above you that's the entrance, go right , cross the stone bridge and hang a right, there's some though enemies that way too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was only last night when I was trapped in the bottom of the hole with the awesome rapier that I discovered you press x to open illusionary walls, not attack them. Feck sake I probably missed loads since I thought a lot of those messages about illusionary walls were trolls!

krudler wrote: »
    If you made it to the bonfire when you come out of the little cave there's a rope bridge leading to it right above you that's the entrance, go right , cross the stone bridge and hang a right, there's some though enemies that way too.

Ah of course, cheers found it, and immediately got ambushed, haha.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It was only last night when I was trapped in the bottom of the hole with the awesome rapier that I discovered you press x to open illusionary walls, not attack them. Feck sake I probably missed loads since I thought a lot of those messages about illusionary walls were trolls!

Same here, will have to do a lot of backtracking :(

Ah of course, cheers found it, and immediately got ambushed, haha.

By the
    guys standing on the high spots with axes and whips?
    lure em out with arrows to aggro them one at a time. Rate my message on the bridge too :pac:

Actually regarding messages does everyone see them? or is it based on location?

By the
    guys standing on the high spots with axes and whips?
    lure em out with arrows to aggro them one at a time. Rate my message on the bridge too :pac:

Actually regarding messages does everyone see them? or is it based on location?

I can't get logged in to the server :( Although I imagine it would have been helpful as I just fell through a god damn hole on the bridge! Yup, this is Dark Souls.

I do wonder that about the message thing though, as far as I know it's random which ones you see.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just saw a post on reddit saying matchmaking isn't based on SL anymore but on the amount of souls you've accumulated over the course of your game, including the ones you lost. So if you've played 20 hours and are the same Soul level as someone who has played 10 you wouldn't be able to summon or invade them as you've probably earned way more souls from farming and what not.

Also means you could be hopelessly under powered if you haven't been leveling up!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Jesus man, was coasting through the Smelter Demon and I glitched into a wall -_-

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just saw a post on reddit saying matchmaking isn't based on SL anymore but on the amount of souls you've accumulated over the course of your game, including the ones you lost. So if you've played 20 hours and are the same Soul level as someone who has played 10 you wouldn't be able to summon or invade them as you've probably earned way more souls from farming and what not.

Also means you could be hopelessly under powered if you haven't been leveling up!

So would that mean technically someone really far ahead could get into someone's game who is really bad?

I can't get logged in to the server :( Although I imagine it would have been helpful as I just fell through a god damn hole on the bridge! Yup, this is Dark Souls.

I do wonder that about the message thing though, as far as I know it's random which ones you see.

That's what my message was warning you about lol I did the same. I don't trust any rope bridges or chests in this game

So would that mean technically someone really far ahead could get into someone's game who is really bad?

Sounds like it but tbh I'm not sure if what the poster said is exactly right either. Apparently it's not based on SL anymore though but something behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Had to do some real life rubbish today cause apparently there is a national holiday on. God all the great souls last night and currently resting at a bonfire in King Vendricks castle. Lots of messages outside saying "now the real dark souls begins" and I gotta agree....

Anyone know the difference between White Sign Soapstone and Small White Sign Soapstone?

Anyone know the difference between White Sign Soapstone and Small White Sign Soapstone?

Not really, the only thing I've gathered is you don't get a token of fidelity if you use the small one. It also refers to you as a shade rather than a phantom I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I actually think there's some fantastic visuals in the game. The
    pirate ship
    moving to dock was a definite "oh wow!" moment, perhaps the finest in the series to date.

finished the
    Skeleton Lords
    earlier, that was a pretty lame 'boss' :( Piece of cake with a phantom, and I can't imagine it would even be too bad without.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Not really, the only thing I've gathered is you don't get a token of fidelity if you use the small one. It also refers to you as a shade rather than a phantom I think.

I think the description says that you don't stay in the world as long as a phantom. Plus your summon sign is smaller and less visible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Time you are allowed in a game and number of enemies the group can kill before you get the Duty Fulfilled message, the small one is nearly pointless to use unless you have nothing to kill on the way to a boss.

I actually think there's some fantastic visuals in the game. The
    pirate ship
    moving to dock was a definite "oh wow!" moment, perhaps the finest in the series to date.

finished the
    Skeleton Lords
    earlier, that was a pretty lame 'boss' :( Piece of cake with a phantom, and I can't imagine it would even be too bad without.

Same I waltzed through it, those bloody skeleton wheels though :mad: the
    pirate ship
    bosswas piss easy too, that column in the centre of the room was handy just lock on and circle, twat when it did a heavy attack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Same I waltzed through it, those bloody skeleton wheels though :mad: the
    pirate ship
    bosswas piss easy too, that column in the centre of the room was handy just lock on and circle, twat when it did a heavy attack.

If you are slow about killing him though that room gradually raises the water level to slow your movement.

calex71 wrote: »
    Time you are allowed in a game and number of enemies the group can kill before you get the Duty Fulfilled message, the small one is nearly pointless to use unless you have nothing to kill on the way to a boss.

Oh yeah I forgot about the limited time thing. I think it applies to invaders too, so hide and seek is a much more viable option than before :P

That's what my message was warning you about lol I did the same. I don't trust any rope bridges or chests in this game

Was your message Be wary of hole? Has 30 ratings!

If you are slow about killing him though that room gradually raises the water level to slow your movement.

Yeah it was quite late in the fight when I noticed that, the NPC phantom was already dead and my weapons were doing pretty low damage. i still managed to beat him though. Would have been ripping if I had died, No Man's Wharf is my least favourite area so far.

In relation to the No Man's Wharf boss - In typical Dark Souls fashion
    he seems to become a normal enemy, ran into one in the Shaded Woods!

Also in the Shaded woods has anyone explored the
    fog area? Creeped me out so I ran away!!

Was your message Be wary of hole? Has 30 ratings!

Sure was, although there was another one right near it so not sure which one it is.

Yeah it was quite late in the fight when I noticed that, the NPC phantom was already dead and my weapons were doing pretty low damage. i still managed to beat him though. Would have been ripping if I had died, No Man's Wharf is my least favourite area so far.

It's not so bad if you light the big flame to brighten the place up, the merchant there is funny too. you wheel and deal?!

Is there a ring to help with slogging through muck and water like the first game? haven't found one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just so you know, you can make No Man's Wharf a lot easier with a Pharros Lockstone.

• Advertisement

I do not appreciate the Chariot Boss...at all.

Advertisement