Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I do not appreciate the Chariot Boss...at all.

It's actually not that bad, just duck in at the sides as it passes and make it round the arena. I nearly lost my sh1t shouting at the tv when I got summoned to help a guy and he couldnt figure out to
    pull the lever
    lol I was pointing at it, standing beside it twatting it with my sword, nada, eventually he copped it though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

krudler wrote: »
    It's actually not that bad, just duck in at the sides as it passes and make it round the arena. I nearly lost my sh1t shouting at the tv when I got summoned to help a guy and he couldnt figure out to
    pull the lever
    lol I was pointing at it, standing beside it twatting it with my sword, nada, eventually he copped it though :pac:

It's
    killing the necromancers I'm having bother with, I can get one but then the skellies end up just twatting me in one of the alcoves

Heh, just met a headless dude, literally just a head chilling on some rocks, nice chap!
    Got a trophy for talking to him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Heh, just met a headless dude, literally just a head chilling on some rocks, nice chap!
    Got a trophy for talking to him lol

Make sure you get his badass tiger mask too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Jesus man, was coasting through the Smelter Demon and I glitched into a wall -_-

Smelter is such bs. That damage he ticks you for when you get near him....:mad: I've tried him 4 times now and I'm struggling. I get him to about 30% life and die because he keeps powering himself up and hurting me when I get near him. Deffo a caster boss. Melee is a struggle against him.

If I'm honest, its the first boss that has seem to counter or defeat my turtle build. Part of me is annoyed and the other part is happy I couldn't just derp my way through the game like I have been. I've beaten over half the bosses on my first attempt so this Smelter guy is a definite kick in the groin.

Has anyone noticed how many pointless fake Pharaoh stone mechanisms they've put in the game? Really sneaky. Like...ones that do nothing and waste your stone. :P

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed how many pointless fake Pharaoh stone mechanisms they've put in the game? Really sneaky. Like...ones that do nothing and waste your stone. :P

Yes! got caught twice so far :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Smelter is such bs. That damage he ticks you for when you get near him....:mad: I've tried him 4 times now and I'm struggling. I get him to about 30% life and die because he keeps powering himself up and hurting me when I get near him. Deffo a caster boss. Melee is a struggle against him.

If I'm honest, its the first boss that has seem to counter or defeat my turtle build. Part of me is annoyed and the other part is happy I couldn't just derp my way through the game like I have been. I've beaten over half the bosses on my first attempt so this Smelter guy is a definite kick in the groin.

It's actually really simple if you use Grym's Shield, it has 100 physical and fire resist and massive poise so he can literally do no damage do you. Got him earlier, was easy enough. Farming for a black katana now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Had no sleep last night, so today after work I decided to go for a small nap. I pretty much passed out and woke now... Will get in to shower then back to dark souls.

Got one that poisoned me and did nothing else!!

On the other hand, there is annoying amount of statues in the current area I'm in and just realised I wasted the last one I had on nothing which I was saving to unlock the guy just before Sinner's Rest in the Lost Bastille.
    Also just dropped into a pit, ready for a huge showdown with this huge scorpion thing...and it turned out to be an NPC that just says "...?"

Wtf Dark Souls!

Had no sleep last night, so today after work I decided to go for a small nap. I pretty much passed out and woke now... Will get in to shower then back to dark souls.

Where are you? I'm just
    at the first bonfire inside the castle, too many sentinels
    :(

• Advertisement

Ok so, just entered the Grave of Saints, and out of nowhere I got summoned into someone else's game and he killed me...dafuq?

Ok so, just entered the Grave of Saints, and out of nowhere I got summoned into someone else's game and he killed me...dafuq?

Haha yeah that's how the rat covenant works. You get summoned to their world and if they're evil as **** you won't ever even see the phantom, just get smashed by their minions.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Part of the rat king covenant mechanic. You get summoned into their world and get killed as a trespasser!

Haha that is outrageous!

It also seems that unless you have a tonne of Pharros Lockstones it's a dead end? Used 2 on the lower floor that lead nowhere, there's about 3 or 4 up a ladder but don't have any to use on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's actually really simple if you use Grym's Shield, it has 100 physical and fire resist

I'm using one with 100% and 80 fire res and a fire res ring. That's not the problem. The issue is the "tick" damage when you get close.

Got him to literally 2 hp there and I died. So frustrating. Time for a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

calex71 wrote: »
    Crossing the bridge to undead purgatory .... oh look treasure .... I rolled instead of jumped :(

Is that the treasure near the bonfire on a solitary square of land? It's a very hard jump to land... finally got it though after about 10 attempts!

Wait until you see who takes his place when you defeat him... Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Does Covetous Demon have a tail cut , he looks like he should have :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Just got invaded there for the first time, just as soon as I finished talking to the guy in bellfry luna. And of course 20 seconds later a second person invades. I thought I was screwed but I tried separate them by sprinting around the building.

I don't think the invaders can heal so I dropped down through some holes which damages health and after about 5 minutes I'd whittled one of the guys health down enough so he couldn't follow me or he'd fall to his death. So i was able to kill the other guy that followed me through the hole and finish off the last guy. My heart was pounding throughout the invasion so I was delighted to kill them both.

calex71 wrote: »
    Does Covetous Demon have a tail cut , he looks like he should have :confused:
    isn't it typically dragons who have tail cuts? (And gargoyle)
    Just got invaded there for the first time, just as soon as I finished talking to the guy in bellfry luna. And of course 20 seconds later a second person invades. I thought I was screwed but I tried separate them by sprinting around the building.

I don't think the invaders can heal so I dropped down through some holes which damages health and after about 5 minutes I'd whittled one of the guys health down enough so he couldn't follow me or he'd fall to his death. So i was able to kill the other guy that followed me through the hole and finish off the last guy. My heart was pounding throughout the invasion so I was delighted to kill them both.

I think it's possible they can heal through miracles. I had an invader who ran away, casted a spell, and healed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Namco and and some DS youtoobers got together to make a 'how to play' video explaining the basics and giving tips.

• Advertisement

Haha that is outrageous!

It also seems that unless you have a tonne of Pharros Lockstones it's a dead end? Used 2 on the lower floor that lead nowhere, there's about 3 or 4 up a ladder but don't have any to use on them.

I put a Pharo's Stone in a wall down there and a
    load of acid or something came out of a statue and broke ALL my armour when I stood in it
    :mad: the trolling level is huge in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Finally getting round to starting this now. Went with Swordsman because of the fairly decent dex levels, might be slightly regretting not picking the class with the shield now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Had my first ever *NOPE* moment just there..
    I was in
    No-man's Wharf
    When I rounded a corner into a house and seen a giant
    Skeleton like thing with huge arms

Nearly pooped myself :pac:

From 0 to 37 titinite chunks. Today I have not made much progress

Finally getting round to starting this now. Went with Swordsman because of the fairly decent dex levels, might be slightly regretting not picking the class with the shield now.

You get a shield fairly early anyway just to have it in your inventory if you get stuck

From 0 to 37 titinite chunks. Today I have not made much progress

Is there a place you can farm/buy them? My usual spot stopped working because I ran out of respawns, and using a bonfire ascetic didn't respawn the enemies like I thought it would...just made it harder and brought the boss back!

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Is there a place you can farm/buy them? My usual spot stopped working because I ran out of respawns, and using a bonfire ascetic didn't respawn the enemies like I thought it would...just made it harder and brought the boss back!

You get them for a successful invasion while in the Bell covenant. 40 now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can anyone tell me...

I am in The Lost Bastille, got there from the persuer fight. From the bonfire by McDuff (wait is that the blacksmiths name?? Wasn't that Duffman's Irish cousin?) there is a gate with dogs and a lever on the other side. Can that only be opened if I got to the Bastille from the Heide's Tower area? If so, any worth while items there or a bonfire I can ignite and return later?

Why oh why did they put the Gutter in this game. No idea where I'm going.

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me...

I am in The Lost Bastille, got there from the persuer fight. From the bonfire by McDuff (wait is that the blacksmiths name?? Wasn't that Duffman's Irish cousin?) there is a gate with dogs and a lever on the other side. Can that only be opened if I got to the Bastille from the Heide's Tower area? If so, any worth while items there or a bonfire I can ignite and return later?

Yeah you unlock the gate from the other side, you get to that side if you arrive from No Man's Wharf. There's a whole other area over there.

Advertisement