Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why oh why did they put the Gutter in this game. No idea where I'm going.

It suuuuucks. The constant background noise is pretty unsettling too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me...

I am in The Lost Bastille, got there from the persuer fight. From the bonfire by McDuff (wait is that the blacksmiths name?? Wasn't that Duffman's Irish cousin?) there is a gate with dogs and a lever on the other side. Can that only be opened if I got to the Bastille from the Heide's Tower area? If so, any worth while items there or a bonfire I can ignite and return later?

Decent enough spoiler
    From one side of it you pick up a key, from the other side you can unlock the door that uses that key, think the side that you pick up the key is the Pursuer side

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah you unlock the gate from the other side, you get to that side if you arrive from No Man's Wharf. There's a whole other area over there.

Cool, will check it out once I head to the other side. I just read there is a trophy for lighting ever torch in Majula, I mistook that as Drangleic and thought no way! I haven't even used the torch yet.

It suuuuucks. The constant background noise is pretty unsettling too

I just ran a full loop leaving the bonfire and somehow returning to the bonfire a different way, none the wiser as to how I managed that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Before the Gutter...
    Just met some Dive Bombers - great bunch of lads.
    Got a giggle out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

The legend never dies, git gud fagits

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Cool, will check it out once I head to the other side. I just read there is a trophy for lighting ever torch in Majula, I mistook that as Drangleic and thought no way! I haven't even used the torch yet.

There's torches in Majula? didnt even notice lol aside from the ones in Things Betwixt.

What did people make of the tutorial? Prefered the one in DS1 myself, I can see why they changed it to something to ease you in a bit more though, know more than one person who gave up on the tutorial in the first game.

Finally got a blacksteel katana, wish I'd upgraded my DEX more :(

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Finally got a blacksteel katana, wish I'd upgraded my DEX more :(

Ooh where? I'm all about a katana and have 30 dex now

Ooh where? I'm all about a katana and have 30 dex now
    farm them from the knights in the iron keep
    It's a rare drop though, but scales S with dex at +5

• Advertisement

I have no idea where that is lol but good to know there's one there. I miss my Uchigatana :(

Well this one has more of a Iiato moveset about it :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have no idea where that is lol but good to know there's one there. I miss my Uchigatana :(

Someone told me in reddit you can buy the uchigatana from someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wish I had my trusty Quelagg /sad trombone

Is there any significance to the trees with faces on them? They grown when you smack them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Someone told me in reddit you can buy the uchigatana from someone.

This is correct. They also sell large titanite :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If I kill the gargoyles can I still join the bell covenant?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If I kill the gargoyles can I still join the bell covenant?

Yup, bell covenant is nice, lots of invasions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Was at 21 STR and DEX and had a rake of souls. Wanted to level my DEX to 26 to use the Twinblade and accidentally pumped them all into fecking STR. I was planning on keeping STR at 20...seems like my DEX build is ruined :mad:

Cydoniac wrote: »
    This is correct. They also sell large titanite :)

What Merchant is this? :O

Was at 21 STR and DEX and had a rake of souls. Wanted to level my DEX to 26 to use the Twinblade and accidentally pumped them all into fecking STR. I was planning on keeping STR at 20...seems like my DEX build is ruined :mad:

I'm sure enough people already know about this for it to not be a spoiler. Go back to the old hags at the very beginning of the game, give them your soul vessel and you can reassign all of your stat points to whatever you like. You get more than one soul vessel as the game advances.

• Advertisement

Have Dex at 32 but yet to find a great Dex weapon, still rockin the Falchion :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Have Dex at 32 but yet to find a great Dex weapon, still rockin the Falchion :(

My char also went the dex route. Sold dex weapon is a rapier. Does lots of damage to armored enemies and its fast and stamina drain is real low. You may not like the move set though. Katana come around 20 hours into the game. Unless you rush to the area asap

What Merchant is this? :O
    You might remember passing by a locked door with a bonfire inside in the Bastille. You need an ember though. Found in Iron Keep easily enough before Smelter Demon.

You might remember passing by a locked door with a bonfire inside in the Bastille. You need an ember though. Found in Iron Keep easily enough before Smelter Demon.

Ah yes I know the one.

Am so lost in the blighttown place, just entered a room with some creepy as hell thing emitting fog that does not seem to move, entered the fog wall, and have no idea where to go, just want to go out of this damn place!

Wait I am confused.
    Which bonfire in the Bastille? And what has that do with the Iron Keep? I know the Merchant in the Iron Keep but he doesn't sell weapons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ah yes I know the one.

Am so lost in the blighttown place, just entered a room with some creepy as hell thing emitting fog that does not seem to move, entered the fog wall, and have no idea where to go, just want to go out of this damn place!

You're probably 5 mins behind me.
    Next stop,
    Black Gulch

Well wouldn't you know it, 4th guy I kill in the Iron Keep and he drops
    the Blacksteel Katana :D

Wait I am confused.
    Which bonfire in the Bastille? And what has that do with the Iron Keep? I know the Merchant in the Iron Keep but he doesn't sell weapons.
    There's a bonfire behind a locked door in the Bastille, near the stairs where the enemy pushes a barrel down and a bunch of dogs. You can either kill the demon before he pushes the barrel and roll it down the stairs yourself to explode the wall, or use the Bastille key, either way works. You also need to light the torch beside the workbench for him to go there. The Dull Ember is required for him to talk to you properly and can be found in Iron Keep, hanging off the end of a broken staircase at the corner opposite the Smelter Demon boss. He sells large titanite, a few weapons, and can charge your weapons with elements I think.

F1ngers wrote: »
    You're probably 5 mins behind me.
    Next stop,
    Black Gulch
    Man, I hate that place. I advise you to either bring a torch, fireballs, or a fire weapon. Will make your job easier. Also enjoy getting mad at darts. You'll see what I mean...

My productivity has gone to crap since starting this game...love it to bits but it's turning me Hollow in real life! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Losing max health when you die is an absolutely idiotic gameplay mechanic.

• Advertisement

There's a ring for that!

The Iron Keep is a great spot for Jolly Cooperation!

Advertisement