Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Skeleton lords are driving me mental. Running out of effigies and nobody I summon is smart enough to take out one lord at a time so we don't get overwhelmed. :mad:

They're easy.
    They're already seperated so just wail on them while avoiding the mini skeletons, then dispose of mini ones

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Has anyone been invaded yet?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

OdgeXD wrote: »
    They're easy.
    They're already seperated so just wail on them while avoiding the mini skeletons, then dispose of mini ones

It's the wheels i'm having the trouble with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Wait until you see who takes his place when you defeat him... Lol

The pursuer again? easy peasy. I can block everything he does. Made mince meat of him. :)

I can see why they gave him that name though. Third time he's shown up. He's like Nemesis! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The mini's only spawn when the big guys die. So take out the big guy with the mace first and ignore the other two big guys.....the mace guy spawns the pinwheels when he dies. So dispatch them at the start of the fight and the rest is gravy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Use the pillars around the room to avoid them.

Spent all of today pvp'ing in the Belfry, it may be broken for the covenant I want to join but the invasions are nice and plentiful in the Bell Guardians and I've got a good haul of titinite chunks now too. Will try and progress with the story again tomorrow but where I am now is tough as balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

noodler wrote: »
    Rocking a plain old shortsword +3 at the moment. Started as explorer so crap stats but lots of items I don't fully understand.
    Restart the game. Explorer is going to make you hate the game. I played about 2-3 hours and couldn't take it any more.
    noodler wrote: »
    Has anyone been invaded yet?
    Only once - while the Belfry is chock full of invaders and I can invade fine, it does feel they need to tweak online mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Skeleton lords are driving me mental. Running out of effigies and nobody I summon is smart enough to take out one lord at a time so we don't get overwhelmed. :mad:

Strangely enough, was just putting down my soapstone for them. Did them three times in a row with no bother, then used an effigy myself, cos I couldn't see myself soloing them easily.

Where are you summoning from? I found that by putting my sign by the door, i was getting called instantly, but when i went human myself, i had to backtrack to the bonfire to find anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

There is surely a bonfire in the Gulch somewhere, assuming the fog wall is a boss??

This area fcuking sucks.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It would be grand if it didn't decide to constantly lock on to enemies miles away when I'm trying to attack the one front of me.

Edit: managed it there on my own as i was buggered if i was wasting any more effigies, left pyromancer until last so it was just the wheels on there own. phew.

• Advertisement

The Rotten sucks, calling it a night.

Sigh, today, Dark souls; you got the better of me.

The Rotten sucks, calling it a night.

Sigh, today, Dark souls; you got the better of me.
    If you can't guard his attacks with your shield, what would be another good way to avoid damage? Think it over :)
    There is surely a bonfire in the Gulch somewhere, assuming the fog wall is a boss??

This area fcuking sucks.
    There is. Very near.

This area fcuking sucks.

Theres one just to the left as you enter the area.

If you can't guard his attacks with your shield, what would be another good way to avoid damage? Think it over :)

There is. Very near.

Found the bonfire alright, that was a pure "how the hell did I not see that oh my God all the time I have wasted" moment.

Rolling I guess, I'm finding it very tough to get the timing right in DS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

There is a super duper secret place in the Black Gulch with a super duper key that unlocks super duper items all over Drangleic. I found it by accident as i was sprinting from the first bonfire to the boss, lost my footing and ahhhhhhhhhhh....

Also dat Mirror Knight. His move set is so easy to predict but he swings so slow that i end up dodging too early and getting hit more often than i should. He also doesn't summon other players to fight you as was mentioned pre-release. Beat him in the end

Regarding Pate
    Met Pate twice and Creighton twice, both times sparing their lives. Then i found them fighting each other in a house in Brightcove. Attacked and killed Pate and Creighton gave me his armour and a key to a room with some more loot in Brightcove. Then i cut Creighton down where he stood.

The old hag in Majula sells both Pates and Creightons gear, weapons and shields after the event. She also seems to sell other NPCs gear since i killed the midget guy after the Chariot boss and she sold his Scythe and Chest Armour

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just beat the sentinels solo yuussss. Then trying to figure how to that treasure up on the floor above, I said I would just press x on all the walls. The very first press opened the door double yussss

Wow lots if illusionary walls. One had a guy by the chest, killed him but destroyed the chest and got rubbish. Is that because i hit it instead of opening it?

Woah, there are hidden bosses in this game.
    You might want to check Black Gulch again, particularly below for ledges...

Got onto sinners rise but decided to head back to heides tower, mauling the giant knights when I couldn't beat them first time around. I got the Buster Sword. I'm not a fan of great swords but I will have to use this. Beat the dragon rider first go, piss easy :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Good night tonight. Traversed the joys of
    The Gutter
    - what a brilliantly, horribly designed level :pac: Reminded me a little of '5-2' in Demon's Souls with its maze like structure (actually laughed when I ended up back at the start :p). It's a bastard of an area in many ways (them darts!) but I loved navigating my way from one side to the next through tumbling, jumping and semi-leaps of faith. Really want to find out if that
    passive giant spider
    at the end does anything! Too random to be, well, random!

The rat area annoyed me at first, but wasn't too bad in the end (focus on the boss and circle carefully). Would have liked some group or area spells to wipe out the group before the big one arrived.

Found my first couple of Branches of Yore, which I'd been waiting on for ages. Huzzah!

Took down the
    Lost Sinner
    with a little help - one of the problems there was actually getting to the fog gate with resources intact, as most of my tools did little damage against the slow monsters there. Was a bit laborious moving forward because of that.

Oh, and only saw it for a split second before the summon sign disappeared, but could have sworn I saw a user called richardmcdermott's summon sign around Sinner's Rise bonfire ;)

• Advertisement

It's actually crazy how much hidden stuff is in this, so man locked doors that you forget about that open up whole new areas or treasure, tonnes of Pharos locations I don't have the lock stones for and statues I don't have the item to unperify. Hidden areas, hidden bosses, even hidden npcs and covenants.

Seems to be way more then in DS or maybe it's just cos I knew absolutely every hidden thing in DS, can't wait to see everything I've missed once I finish the 1st play through...which is probably another 60 hours of play time away!! :D

Fml... Went through no mans wharf no hassle but looks Like I went arse ways around it. Used the pharos sign to light the torches after I cleared most of the area, summoned the ai but she fell off a cliff. Best the boss with no estus left. Back in lost bastille, it's great when you are doing really well in this game. I know it won't last long though :)

Found the bonfire alright, that was a pure "how the hell did I not see that oh my God all the time I have wasted" moment.

Rolling I guess, I'm finding it very tough to get the timing right in DS2.
    The timing window is tighter but if you have 50-60% load it should be easy. His moves are all easily timed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

The timing window is tighter but if you have 50-60% load it should be easy. His moves are all easily timed.

Does rolling depend on how much gear you are carrying or armour you are wearing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

quarryman wrote: »
    Does rolling depend on how much gear you are carrying or armour you are wearing?

Only whats equipped. keep the load below 70% for max roll.

I found a ring that nullifys death, similar to the ring of sacrifice in Dark Souls. The only difference is that this one can be repaired for 3k souls. So as long as you're wearing it and have more than 3k souls, you need never lose anything again. Once you revive at a bonfire, just travel back to Majula and get it repaired!

Seems a bit cheap to me, but I'll still be wearing it for every boss encounter!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Expect that to be patched out in the next update.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Expect that to be patched out in the next update.

I wouldn't be surprised, or at least see the number of repairs limited.

Visiting the belfry last night, it was nice to see some old friends back. I just wasn't expecting to see so many of them so quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Didn't have any time to play Dark Souls last night so I'm going to give it a good run tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Copy just arrived. Looking forward to getting a good run at it today and starting fresh again. Gonna be a long day of dying

Advertisement