Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

By the way, the more you die, the more your body rots. I play as a red head girl and she more I die, the balder she gets! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

calex71 wrote: »
    The spawns for the invaders in the belfry are out right annoying , lost count of how many times I've been at the boss fog waiting to summon or be summoned and I get invaded , fine I'll have some jolly fisticuffs , but then to have another spawn right behind you and one shot you is just a cheap win for them :mad:

It was even worse for me last night. Had 3 or 4 good fights (won 2, steamrolled in 2), but after that i was summoned around 15 times, and immediately sent back to my world after the target was destroyed or the boss was started. Really frustrating. Spent more time on loading than playing.

Actually, the loading times and delay in menu's is pretty bad at times. Really hope it's quicker on the pc.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Oh, it's fairly straight forward, but not obvious at first.
    where you found the fire longsword, there's a lizard shooting fireballs. Kill him and jump into the area he occupied. You want to be very careful though because there's another lizard nearby and they charge very heavily. I sniped the rest of them with a bow. For your efforts you get a Flame Quartz Ring +1, Hawk Ring, and a few other things.

Goddammit, I tried jumping in there a few times but didn't work will give it a go again tonight.

Jesus lads, I should not have got this game, was in a lecture here and I cannot concentrate at all, have 4 big projects to get done in the next coupe of weeks too :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kiith wrote: »
    I spent like 20 minutes jumping there, and couldn't get in. Figured it was a dead end :pac:

Also, i've died about 20 times in Huntsmans Corpse, trying to jump onto that ledge near the 2nd bonfire with the item. I keep rolling off the bloody ledge. It bloody better be worth it when i spend another hour trying to get it tonight.

Don't roll or jump, just sprint for that one. Do it where thee's a little bit jutting out on the edge and aim for where he item is and he should land right on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I spent like 20 minutes jumping there, and couldn't get in. Figured it was a dead end :pac:

Also, i've died about 20 times in Huntsmans Corpse, trying to jump onto that ledge near the 2nd bonfire with the item. I keep rolling off the bloody ledge. It bloody better be worth it when i spend another hour trying to get it tonight.
    That jump is a pain! What you want to do is jump earlier than you think you should, so not off the end of the ledge at all. Running off an angle might do it too from the side ledge. I think you get a Pharro's Lockstone and a human effigy.

• Advertisement

I tried both of those, and failed. Will get it tonight though.

I will! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Need some help with the Gender Changing Coffin !

So I got in to see what it was all about and lo it changed me into a chick, I only noticed this ages later, so I been researching and everyone says that all you got to do is go back to the coffin have another wee nap and it will change you back to male.....This does not work for me ! I have tried being Hollow/Human and it makes no difference ? Is there something I'm missing here ? Don't get me wrong I have no problem continuing this playthrough with this build but it would not be my idea of a badass knight.......

Any help appreciated...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Is there any way to change your characters name later in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Can you summon and access the belfry gargoyles? I attempted to put my sign down in the Belfry Luna and it wouldn't let me, I assume because the covenant is designed for PVP

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

knowing From Software it's probably rubbish, or a small soul item :pac:

• Advertisement

chickenboy wrote: »
    Can you summon and access the belfry gargoyles? I attempted to put my sign down in the Belfry Luna and it wouldn't let me, I assume because the covenant is designed for PVP

I've been summoned in there a few times, i usually put my sign on the little bridge by the door.

Ended up with 2 v 2 situation with invaders once, another time a guy managed to summon me by the fog gate as he was tangling with an invader, I spawned and managed to turn the tide, good times.

Think I'll join that covenant once I get my hands on a katana to get some titanite chunks. Blue Sentinels aren't doing it for me, only had a cracked blue orb work once and haven't been summoned to protect anyone since sunday.

By the way, the more you die, the more your body rots. I play as a red head girl and she more I die, the balder she gets! :D

I like that aspect, my beard fell off and I have patchy hair the worse I get, I wear a helmet or hood most of the time so kinda forget about it but it's a cool toch.

I wear a monocle...dead or alive, i never look bad.

Anyone have any nifty armour suggestions? I keep the merchants hat and the lost sinners mask on me at all times, depending on the situation. Also wear the lost sinners gloves, despite only having one attunement slot for pyromancy.

Still rocking the wanderer set, used all through the first game too (with a gargoyle helmet).

Dueling in the blue sentinels sparring arena and I came up against a guy with full on Havel's set and club. My weapons did feck all damage to him but he didn't hit me once, roll stab, roll stab, the fight went on so long I just got awarded the victory in the end. :D

Anyone have any nifty armour suggestions? I keep the merchants hat and the lost sinners mask on me at all times, depending on the situation. Also wear the lost sinners gloves, despite only having one attunement slot for pyromancy.
    I have a lot of love for Drangleic armour, it's pretty much the Elite/Silver armour of this game. I use the Jesters Gloves for more souls and Penal Mask for resistance/equip load reduction. Still hoping there's an armour in the game along the lines of the Lord's Blade set that gives you decent protection and very light load. It's strange though, there's a lot less armour compared to DS1, at least for the beginning. Same goes with a lot of things. I suppose it's to reduce being overpowered. In DS1 you could get the Black Knight Halberd and Great Combustion with pyro boost within about 10-15 minutes of playing, this game makes you work for the big benefits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got summoned by a mad fecker there a while back. Load out was no shield or armour and an ultra greatsword. He did well until one of the pirates in No Man's Wharf sneezed at him and he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My copy arrived today and the Future Press guide as well, not gonna be able to play it will tomorrow unfortunately though, but then have the rest of the week at it, the guide looks fantastic again and carries a good resale value when your done with it.

Has anyone levelled up enough for power stance yet for any weapons? Sounds mad altogether.

There seems to be a lot less armour around this time, unless you get way more in the later stages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Has anyone levelled up enough for power stance yet for any weapons? Sounds mad altogether.

You gotta have two of the same weapon to active it and something else, maybe weapon level or dex level. Had two rapiers and i couldn't power stance but then a while later I could. Just changes the offhand weapon to use both weapons instead. Not the best with rapier and a bit to slow. Looks class with double daggers though. Also can't use two of the same class of weapon. The must be the exact same weapon

You gotta have two of the same weapon to active it and something else, maybe weapon level or dex level. Had two rapiers and i couldn't power stance but then a while later I could. Just changes the offhand weapon to use both weapons instead. Not the best with rapier and a bit to slow. Looks class with double daggers though. Also can't use two of the same class of weapon. The must be the exact same weapon

I think you can do it with different weapon types but you just need 150% of stat requirements, so if a weapn is STR 14 and DEX 20 minimum you need STR 21 and DEX 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

krudler wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot less armour around this time, unless you get way more in the later stages?

A lot more armour in this game compared to the first. A lot of the sets are drops from enemies so they can be rare to get depending on how lucky you are. Pretty much all humanoids their armour from what I can see. Even the ruin sentinels have a set.......yeah you fight them again......The shop keeper and the hag in Majula also sell boss and not sets after certain requirements.

Is there any damage bonus associated with power-stancing? The idea of two bastard swords is suddenly very appealing!

Is there any damage bonus associated with power-stancing? The idea of two bastard swords is suddenly very appealing!

Yea going by reddit you do huge damage but with high stamina cost. You can parry with some weapons in the left hand too apparently.

Is there any way to block with regular duel wielding anyone know?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I got summoned by a mad fecker there a while back. Load out was no shield or armour and but an ultra greatsword. He did well until one of the pirates in No Man's Wharf sneezed at him and he died.
    Is it just me or does the Old Knight Greatsword soooooo look like a certain Buster Sword? :D

Old%20Knight%20Ultra%20Greatsword.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

calex71 wrote: »
    Shards? The fat lads with hammers drop them fairly consistently in havest valley on the route to the boss there.

Cheers for that. Still have to find that area though. Fat rolling around at the moment with Old Knight armor, Twin Dragon Greatshield and +5 Broadsword so I could do with levelling up some of my lighter armor.
    Found a fog area yesterday with a brilliant Karmic Justice style ring and a +1 Cloranthy ring. That Cloranthy ring is a godsend to a fatroller like me.

Cheers for that. Still have to find that area though. Fat rolling around at the moment with Old Knight armor, Twin Dragon Greatshield and +5 Broadsword so I could do with levelling up some of my lighter armor.
    Found a fog area yesterday with a brilliant Karmic Justice style ring and a +1 Cloranthy ring. That Cloranthy ring is a godsend to a fatroller like me.
    That fog area has a lot of great treasure but damn, those assassins. I wonder if there's a finite number of them you can kill or do they keep generating?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the Old Knight Greatsword soooooo look like a certain Buster Sword? :D

Probably there to give the FFVII weeaboos something to aspire to.

Actually, that reminds me. Mister nudie ultra greatsword I think was trying to roleplay Cloud, he had the big blond emo hair going on as well.... man that's sad :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Does anyone else tries to buy at least something from vendor, before leaving so they would not shout on you lol.

YOU FEEBLED CURSED ONE!!!

Advertisement