Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Probably there to give the FFVII weeaboos something to aspire to.

Actually, that reminds me. Mister nudie ultra greatsword I think was trying to roleplay Cloud, he had the big blond emo hair going on as well.... man that's sad :D
    lol, I've been planning a Cloud costume for my next playthrough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Cydoniac wrote: »
    That fog area has a lot of great treasure but damn, those assassins. I wonder if there's a finite number of them you can kill or do they keep generating?

I've no idea. I just about grabbed the Old Sun ring from the chest when I was killed by a backstab from one of them. I was like "What the bloody hell just killed me???".
    The area beyond that with the Lion Knights, the Giant Basilisk and the curse emitting pots was tricky. The Scorpion Woman boss wasn't too bad though. With one of the rings you can buy off the Cat you can talk to and summon a big Scorpion dude to help you. He's not that good though. When I saw him first I thought it was an enemy and I was VERY hesitant to go down to where he was. I risked it and I found out that he was non hostile. He and the Scorpion boss are obviously based on Quelaag and her sister from the first game :)

I've no idea. I just about grabbed the Old Sun ring from the chest when I was killed by a backstab from one of them. I was like "What the bloody hell just killed me???".
    The area beyond that with the Lion Knights, the Giant Basilisk and the curse emitting pots was tricky. The Scorpion Woman boss wasn't too bad though. With one of the rings you can buy off the Cat you can talk to and summon a big Scorpion dude to help you. He's not that good though. When I saw him first I thought it was an enemy and I was VERY hesitant to go down to where he was. I risked it and I found out that he was non hostile. He and the Scorpion boss are obviously based on Quelaag and her sister from the first game :)
    yeah, I just happened to talk to Tark because I had the ring on, no idea that he didn't speak normally! Yeah, the boss was definitely fan service. The lions are VERY hard hitting! Easily killed but if two of them team up it's a pain. The door below the ground with the moaning sound can be unlocked with a key from a petrified lion by the way.

The size of the world in this game is huge! I think someone equated it with Dark Souls but I think this is much bigger, less giant spaces and more geometry. Granted, it isn't as iconic/graphically impressive as Dark Souls, it's still stunning in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Cydoniac wrote: »
    yeah, I just happened to talk to Tark because I had the ring on, no idea that he didn't speak normally! Yeah, the boss was definitely fan service. The lions are VERY hard hitting! Easily killed but if two of them team up it's a pain. The door below the ground with the moaning sound can be unlocked with a key from a petrified lion by the way.

The size of the world in this game is huge! I think someone equated it with Dark Souls but I think this is much bigger, less giant spaces and more geometry. Granted, it isn't as iconic/graphically impressive as Dark Souls, it's still stunning in parts.
    What key is this? I met the scorpion dude but he wouldn't talk to me :( I got the key for that door as well, unlocked this weird bird thing, he said to go on down to his home and he'd gimme something but didn't know where to go!

What key is this? I met the scorpion dude but he wouldn't talk to me :( I got the key for that door as well, unlocked this weird bird thing, he said to go on down to his home and he'd gimme something but didn't know where to go!
    There's a ring you can get from Shalqoir (cat in Majula) that lets you hear if foes are nearby. It also lets you speak to him normally. Ornifex the bird is in the area after Shaded Ruins so don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, what's the story with sublime bone Dust? I got only 2 and looks like I can burn it? Is it just one off buff for improved estus flasks? Or permanent upgrade?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's like the Fire Keeper souls in DS1. Estus Flask restores more health when upgraded (should show a +1 beside it).

Guys, what's the story with sublime bone Dust? I got only 2 and looks like I can burn it? Is it just one off buff for improved estus flasks? Or permanent upgrade?
    It's permanent, gives you a +1.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it has to be majula you burn it in too.

Cheers,lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it has to be majula you burn it in too.

Yes correct, has to be done in the majual fire

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How are people finding the estus flask mechanic now? having only 1 to start and getting more?

krudler wrote: »
    How are people finding the estus flask mechanic now? having only 1 to start and getting more?
    Because of lifegems, it hasn't affected me an awful lot, but having said that, it does make you more careful about your gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johnnydice

just found that buster lookin greatsword not strong enough to use it yet though, just wondering is anyone a blue sentinal? ive been using them still havnt been summoned to help anyone so just wondering about it , might switch to sunbro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I have about 7 at the moment with +3 strength. Feels like i have loads :D Didn't really "feel it" at the start of the game cause lifegems where so plentiful. Maybe it feels like i have load because for the majority of the bonfires in Dark Souls 1 i never kindled them...

-Edit- I wonder is there a way to check the busiest thread on boards per day. Cause i reckon this has to be near the top. Sure only last week Titanfall had +500 more posts than Dark Souls, now look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here is a pic of me rocking Cloud's Buster Sword. Still can't sing it but it looks good :)

Okay, I came to conclusion that Drangleic armour set is OP as **** or broken. I am using it still as heavy build character. I just noticed,that it does not need any stats to wear. Why on earth would light plated characters use anything else? Heavy armour characters can find cheaper upgraded armour, yes. I got Gyrm warrior armour +3 on now and it is a cheaper armour with better stats, but that's because I can afford heavy load.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

johnnydice wrote: »
    just found that buster lookin greatsword not strong enough to use it yet though, just wondering is anyone a blue sentinal? ive been using them still havnt been summoned to help anyone so just wondering about it , might switch to sunbro

I was summoned 4 times in forest of the giants on Sunday, nothing since then. It's great when it happens. I think it might be a bit pointless though because nobody is going to stay a blue apostle for the whole game.

Yep, was at that for a while, the blue orbs will rarely give you a summon, you have to use it like 10-15 times. I just don't think there are enough sinners in the game at this point.

I think I've only been invaded once by a dark spirit! Wish it happened more.

go to luna belfry in the lost bastille its invasion central been invaded everytime ive gone there

• Advertisement

go to luna belfry in the lost bastille its invasion central been invaded everytime ive gone there
    Yeah, all the grey spirit areas are buzzing, and that's where I go if I want some action.

just watch out for the holes in the floor nothing worse than blockin some git and falling down a level lol :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

just watch out for the holes in the floor nothing worse than blockin some git and falling down a level lol :O

and clear out the gnomes !!!!!!

ya annoying little gimps lol killed an invader in the tower who was using the buster greatsword thought i was great got backstabbed by the gnome id forgotten about doh!!!

Gnomes? awesome lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, not so much. Little f*ckers hit bloody hard, and like to gang up on you.

Do they steal your underpants?

Do they steal your underpants?

Yup :P And they hit pretty hard with dark magic weapons I think. I thought you'd already passed the lost bastille?

and if the hit your shield theyll take off a small bit of your energy too

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yup :P And they hit pretty hard with dark magic weapons I think. I thought you'd already passed the lost bastille?

I think I missed a chunk of it, I'm trying to beat the three boss lads still, i stupidly mistimed a roll on the last guy when he was right down and got twatted, was raaging.

Advertisement