Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    I think I missed a chunk of it, I'm trying to beat the three boss lads still, i stupidly mistimed a roll on the last guy when he was right down and got twatted, was raaging.

Which boss is that? I'm near the end of Earthen Peak at the moment,
    want to get to iron keep and farm a katana.

To find the Belfry
    you just use the lockstone underneath the bonfire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I missed the ladder guy in earthen peak , is that him gone for good now :confused:

Edit: never mind found him

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Which boss is that? I'm near the end of Earthen Peak at the moment,
    want to get to iron keep and farm a katana.

To find the Belfry
    you just use the lockstone underneath the bonfire

The three sentinels I think? you drop onto a platform with one and the other two are off the other side, I had them down to one with about 10% energy on my own then summoned a guy to help and he got killed about 20 seconds into the fight lol will farm the dogs for some humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was clearing up the path to chariot boss, because those enemies drop a lot of souls. I did not wanted waste any souls as I knew there was boss in front. I managed clear up the are and finally decided to go for a boss. One shoted him as hallow with a half arsed attempt. I was,doing very bad and stupid.
    I bought 2 soul weapons too and both are complete rubbish. They might be great latter on as upgrades scale a lot better on them but right now my +9 greatsword ( broadsword or something) does a great job.
    So I am off cooking dinner now. I will go explore that other area after.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The three sentinels I think? you drop onto a platform with one and the other two are off the other side, I had them down to one with about 10% energy on my own then summoned a guy to help and he got killed about 20 seconds into the fight lol will farm the dogs for some humanity

Oh yeah, I had two folks help me for it, though one might have been an NPC iirc? With the bosses I've been co-oping them first before trying myself. I think it's best to kill the first one before you drop down at all.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I missed the ladder guy in earthen peak , is that him gone for good now :confused:

Did you try going back? Not sure if he pops up again. I met him last night and he was back in Majula as soon as I rested at a bonfire.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I had to summon help for the Three Sentinels boss as well. Was bloody impossible. NPC and summon killed one of them, while i held the others attention. Was bloody tough, and took about 7 or 8 tries.

Gargoyle's were a pain, though thankfully i managed it on my 2nd try. Was actually fighting 4 of them at one stage, which was tough as hell.

Kiith wrote: »
    I had to summon help for the Three Sentinels boss as well. Was bloody impossible. NPC and summon killed one of them, while i held the others attention. Was bloody tough, and took about 7 or 8 tries.

Gargoyle's were a pain, though thankfully i managed it on my 2nd try. Was actually fighting 4 of them at one stage, which was tough as hell.

Still need to get back to those. I really hated them in DS1!

Have beaten the gargoyles a few times as a phantom but kept messing up as host. Effiiges are really scarce too so I don't like wasting them.
    Still need to get back to those. I really hated them in DS1!

They're worse in this, they seem to be actually made out of stone so my Dex weapons aren't very good against them. The old ones were pretty susceptible to the Iaito.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johnnydice

ya gargoyles been a pain too think ill need to summon somebody with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Those Sentinels were an utter nightmare. After getting hammered umpteen times by them I left the area, levelled up a good bit and cleared out Heide's Tower of Flame. I went back and attempted them again with 2 summons and we kicked ass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Has anyone met any merchants that sell aromatic ooze? I used all mine up fighting the sentinels, and it's handy to have if you're not going down a casting build

Come on dinner! Cook faster! I want to go explore that new zone! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So I just fell off a ledge in the Black Gulch on to a ledge with a locked door, anyone know where to get the key? There doesn't seem to be anywhere else to go...:(

Edit - Ok so I made progress...oh my God, the monsters under the Black Gulch...how does one even...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Trying to make dark souls 2 a more friendlier Game I am just pvp in the rat covenant and messing about.

Just welcomed one guy with the carvings and dropped extra gear I had and gave it to him , he then gave me a silky stone.

Little bit naked dancing then in the end I did the praise the sun taunt and jumped off the bridge :D

Edit: just received a message from him

Best moment in dark souls 2 , thank you bro

Lol

what's the story with the rat covenant? do you get summoned or summon others and kill them? seems like a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Jesus I'm crap! Only just passed first boss there. It's tougher than I thought, or I was too used to ds1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

what's the story with the rat covenant? do you get summoned or summon others and kill them? seems like a laugh

It really just a pvp area you are suppose to keep them away from your turf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

You summon others who trespass in the grave of saints or doors of phaross. All the enemies attack them and you can too. Doors of Phaross is totally unfair. The summoned player gets enters in water where his move speed is reduced and 3 enemies plus yourself attack him. It's pretty much impossible for them. You get a lockstone and rats tail for killing them

The fire lizards in the forest of giants are so hard what the ****. Their attacks are very hard to dodge and have massive armour and HP. I just ran around the area looting and trying to avoid them. Door down there also. Anyone know how to get in?? Have a feeling it's the same locked door in front of the giant boss

• Advertisement

You summon others who trespass in the grave of saints or doors of phaross. All the enemies attack them and you can too. Doors of Phaross is totally unfair. The summoned player gets enters in water where his move speed is reduced and 3 enemies plus yourself attack him. It's pretty much impossible for them. You get a lockstone and rats tail for killing them

50ad56c750ba4.jpg

Just killed Freya, easy enough, but can be really unpredictable due to trash mobs.

I have to say Buster Sword is my new baby! Got it to +8 I think. The attack set is fantastic for crowds and single targets. I even prefer it to pursuers sword now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I worked up the strength to use the buster sword and it ended up not worth it. The strength scaling on the starting mace for the cleric is just too damn good especially when combined with faith scaling lightning. It not only has the more usable move set but it outputs more damage since it's B scaling with strength. The only problem is I would like to try other weapons but it's hard taking such a damage downgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Me rocking the Buster Sword. Can't use it yet but looking damn cool with my celtic face tattoo :cool:

5RnOIvz.jpg?1

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Me rocking the Buster Sword. Can't use it yet but looking damn cool with my celtic face tattoo :cool:

5RnOIvz.jpg?1

That's not Buster Sword... :pac:

This is Buster Sword!

DSC_0215_zpspuato2g8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Finally got my hands on my copy. Still wont get to play it til tomorrow night:rolleyes:

Anyone else get a steel art card from Amazon? Never knew about that until I opened the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just found a bonfire in the Iron Keep that
    connects to Belfry Sol, but doesn't seem to have a way back to the Iron keep??
    :confused:

I'm in the worst place right now. Wading through water with mages sniping me and nasty monsters below the surface of the water. First area in the where I had monsters not re spawn for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Online not working tonight :confused:

Edit: Never mind working again now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

calex71 wrote: »
    Online not working tonight :confused:

Its working grand on xbox. Im getting summoned within seconds of putting down a sign

Advertisement