Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

penev10 wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on my copy. Still wont get to play it til tomorrow night:rolleyes:

Anyone else get a steel art card from Amazon? Never knew about that until I opened the box!

Yeah I got it today as well, 3 of 2500 on the steel card. I don't think I've ever seen anything so well wrapped from Amazon either. At least they have their priorities right.

Well I'm off to die a few hundred times...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Wtf? Do merchants disappear in this?

The old lady in the cardinal tower just vanished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I read that from software and namco added dedicated servers and when I was doing pvp in the blood covenant I noticed I was miles away from the other guy I was still getting it by his or hers sword

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

quarryman wrote: »
    Wtf? Do merchants disappear in this?

The old lady in the cardinal tower just vanished.

She moves to majula

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

calex71 wrote: »
    Online not working tonight :confused:

Edit: Never mind working again now

Yeah, there was some sort of outage, works fine now.

I am calling it a night. Got second primal bonfire lit today. The boss did not gave me a bad ass Soul though...
    So I have to go back to Harvest Valley to continue as 3 zones up is a dead end.
    Got black knights Halbert and black knights ultra sword. Sword is great, but I can't use Halbert due to low dex.

Harvest valley sucks. Its not hard so far but annoying with all that poison.

I wonder how much of dark souls 2 I will get tomorrow as I an expecting a delivery with my new toy tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Killed another 2 bosses tonight (
    Skeleton Lords
    and something else...can't remember). Huntsman Corpse was good, but those bloody Necromancers had to make a return. Also got slaughtered by a well armed red npc invader before some arena type thing. Will go back there later. Invaded by another npc while on a ledge there too, and managed to knock him off. Was funny, but now i wonder if i lost any good loot. He had what looked like a mask from Dark Souls 1 (the weird looking one that dropped from the sorcerer type enemies in the DLC).

Anyway, making progress and finally got some more shards. I also the an un-petrify item. Should i use it on the statue near the start (woman blocking the door) or the guy outside the cell in the tower area (near the 3 sentinals)?

She moves to majula

Weird.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Drangleic Castle is ****ing ridiculous and clearly not designed to be done solo. Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Drangleic Castle is ****ing ridiculous and clearly not designed to be done solo. Jesus Christ

Is that end game?

Jut picked up the Black Knight Halberd, was using a Blacksteel Katana +4, un-upgraded the Halberd is doing as well, plus it does fire damage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I thought the smelter demon was a pain the rest of the keep is a bloody death trap, got the gold covetous ring for my pain , a lightning bow, and some dark armor that isn't very dark at all

• Advertisement

OdgeXD wrote: »

Yeah it's fecking nuts. Did it solo doe :) it's a big difficulty spike. I'm coming to the end of the area after the castle and it's probably harder lol. All locations have appeared on my travel menu for some reason. I can see bonfires I missed but can't warp to them since they are greyed out. Intentional?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow belfry luna suuuuucks. Killed one invader to have another pop up behind me for stabby stabby. I have never wanted to kill an npc so much as I did that leprachaun at the start!

This game is brilliant.

I think I'm having a more enjoyable experience than DS1. I reckon the minor gameplay changes have made it that bit more accessible over DS1 and therefore more engaging, for me.

I still have a few brown trousers moments when dying and dropping thousands of souls. Then that sweaty palm stage of inching my way back to my bloodstain. Errrghhhh...

I've also got a handle on some of the mechanics I glossed over in DS1. Like summoning and humanity in general. I only played about 10 hours of DS1 and since being hollowed does not have the same penalty to health in DS1 , I never used humanity that much.

I'm saying great game now, but let's see how I feel in a few days when impossibly stuck on a boss and I'll be back here splitting blood about how much I HATE it :)

Absolutely lost as to what to do in the Pharros place in that huge room filled with water and the mammoth guy chasing me...so left and ended up in a new place, this world is HUGE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Is it worth buying the ring to get down the well in majula. Im early enough in the game, would i better off levelling up

Ugh, big double doors with spiders on them...do not want.

Also if you're early in the game I would spend the souls on leveling up as even with the ring you won't be able to get down there until you have more health.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Yeah it's fecking nuts. Did it solo doe :) it's a big difficulty spike. I'm coming to the end of the area after the castle and it's probably harder lol. All locations have appeared on my travel menu for some reason. I can see bonfires I missed but can't warp to them since they are greyed out. Intentional?

I completely ignored
    the old dude
    What am I supposed to do now?

Is it worth buying the ring to get down the well in majula. Im early enough in the game, would i better off levelling up

There is an npc you find mid way into the game that helps you down. Or you could get the ring. I went down before I found the npc and it's honestly not that hard. Unless you go all the way down......mwahahahahahahaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've spent the last 20 mins trying to kill a bug in doors of Pharros.

If anyone is looking for human effigies, you can find five in brightstone -
    Jump into the well

Also I got a bit of a laugh in the area as I kept going back to the bonfire there and thought in general it was a dead end. After about the fifth time, I ran out the wrong side of the tent and nearly wandered off a cliff. Looked around to realise there was plenty more in the area :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

How quickly do peoples' games load when fast travelling? I've had a few long waits and I'm only about 2 hours into the game. Wondering if it's my possibly dodgy hard drive I put in the PS3.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    I've spent the last 20 mins trying to kill a bug in doors of Pharros.

If anyone is looking for human effigies, you can find five in brightstone -
    Jump into the well

Also I got a bit of a laugh in the area as I kept going back to the bonfire there and thought in general it was a dead end. After about the fifth time, I ran out the wrong side of the tent and nearly wandered off a cliff. Looked around to realise there was plenty more in the area :pac:

Area spoiler I guess
    There is a boss shortly ahead after some spiders, having serious difficulty and can't get a summon at all.

Area spoiler I guess
    There is a boss shortly ahead after some spiders, having serious difficulty and can't get a summon at all.

Well I'm making my way towards that direction so give me a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can any tell me how to summon a NPC for a boss fight i'm stuck on?

tok9 wrote: »
    Well I'm making my way towards that direction so give me a few minutes

Just beat it on that attempt, it's weird, was having insane trouble and then on that go it was easy.

If you have trouble yourself I can give you a hint that helps but you may get on grand regardless.

Praise the Sun!

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Can any tell me how to summon a NPC for a boss fight i'm stuck on?

Use an effigy and just hang around outside the boss area until a summons sign shows up

Beat the tower of flame boss handy enough then fell off the steps on my way out of the area. Sweating it going back to collect all those souls now

Just beat it on that attempt, it's weird, was having insane trouble and then on that go it was easy.

If you have trouble yourself I can give you a hint that helps but you may get on grand regardless.

Praise the Sun!

Okay.. literally being summoned by someone else now so at least I know what I'm getting myself into.

Did you find the hidden path?

Beat that boss.. thought he was alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Ok, definitely gotta be something up with my hard drive. A few times I've gone to a new area or lit bonfire in an area that had enemies, and afterwards there's been no enemies anywhere in sight. Haven't died 15 times in the area either so something weird is going on...

Ok, definitely gotta be something up with my hard drive. A few times I've gone to a new area or lit bonfire in an area that had enemies, and afterwards there's been no enemies anywhere in sight. Haven't died 15 times in the area either so something weird is going on...

Enemies stop respawning eventually. You need to burn something in the bonfire to get them to spawn again

• Advertisement

Sounds dodgy alright. Load times on travel and death are about 10 to 15 seconds. playing digital copy of the game

Advertisement