Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Enemies stop respawning eventually. You need to burn something in the bonfire to get them to spawn again

Like I said, I haven't died that much so it couldn't be that. In fact I'm an area now where there were plenty of enemies wandering around, got to a bonfire, rested, and now they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Has anyone found a stone to add fire or electricity to weapons?

Also have the already patched how someone would become human after being summoned. As I've been summoned twice, we've beat the boss and I go back hollow?

Or do you only come back human if the host dies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

tok9 wrote: »
    Okay.. literally being summoned by someone else now so at least I know what I'm getting myself into.

Did you find the hidden path?

Beat that boss.. thought he was alright.

Hidden path you say?

Edit - Nice one!

Think I got lost and made it the whole way from the bonfire after that boss to the next boss (who just destroyed me) and I have no idea how to get back here, ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ha the white ring is gas with the bell covenant lads invading you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Found a magic long sword that doubles as a catalyst with the R2 attack. Pretty sweet

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tok9 wrote: »
    Has anyone found a stone to add fire or electricity to weapons?

Also have the already patched how someone would become human after being summoned. As I've been summoned twice, we've beat the boss and I go back hollow?

Or do you only come back human if the host dies?

I have the fire one but don't remember where I got it. THe Blue sentinels covenant guy in the cathedral sells the lightning one for 7000 souls.

Just beat the Gargoyles solo there, well chuffed. Took 3 or 4 out in one go with Flame Swath.

Didn't realise I'd still get invaded in the Belfry as a covenant member. Can I be summoned from anywhere with the ring on or do I have to be in the Belfry?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

According to the trophy stats on PS4, only 90.4% of players have earned 'Welcome to Dark Souls'.

Who the heck are the other 10%!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

According to the trophy stats on PS4, only 90.4% of players have earned 'Welcome to Dark Souls'.

epicnamebro has to be one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

My guess is they were terrified by the intro and turned it straight off

Epicnamebro is doing a pretty in depth playthrough, it's in the early stages yet but I like watching them to see what I missed in the early game!

Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GartaU-2-2c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Like I said, I haven't died that much so it couldn't be that. In fact I'm an area now where there were plenty of enemies wandering around, got to a bonfire, rested, and now they're gone.

There's a spawn limit of some sort. Discussion on it here. Some like it, some do not!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Drangleic Castle is ****ing ridiculous and clearly not designed to be done solo. Jesus Christ

The game is designed to be solo'd. Apparently. Plenty of streamers who got he game a week early....and therefore had nobody to co op with, are on NG++ at this stage so its soloable for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hidden path you say?

Edit - Nice one!

Think I got lost and made it the whole way from the bonfire after that boss to the next boss (who just destroyed me) and I have no idea how to get back here, ugh.

Ya I decided to keep going myself and got very far into some area where you walk across a lot of web... there was even a message saying "Bonfire?" :P

Then I got killed by 6 or 7 spiders :P

I'll tackle it again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sounds dodgy alright. Load times on travel and death are about 10 to 15 seconds. playing digital copy of the game

Load times on xbox are quite a bit faster than on ps3. My mate bought it on ps3 and I was amazed at how long it takes to fast travel. Would drive me nuts if I had to deal with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know where I can get the ring of lube? I need it for the gargoyles fight.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get the ring of lube? I need it for the gargoyles fight.

I had to lol :P

Mephistopheles is that you?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Get fire swath from straid, I took out 3 of the gargoyles on one go by spamming it as soon as they clumped together, managed to solo it thanks to that.

It's very useful for PvP too though ridiculously overpowered.

The bell covenant is so much fun, racking up the titanite chunks now, got my black steel katana to 10+ already and it's a total beast. Took me ages to farm it though, the first 4 knights in Iron keep dont even spawn anymore!

That guy is still petrified for me. Im after using 5 efigies so far and was only able to summon 1 person . I killed the midget npc out of frustration and just got a lousy luck coin. Guess that covenant is gone for me now :)

Where is iron keep?

That guy is still petrified for me. Im after using 5 efigies so far and was only able to summon 1 person . I killed the midget npc out of frustration and just got a lousy luck coin. Guess that covenant is gone for me now :)

Where is iron keep?

Iron keep is
    in a different direction altogether, you go through huntsman's copse and a few other areas to get to it.

If you push on past the Bastille and beat the boss in the next area you'll find one of those things for de-petrifying people.

• Advertisement

Went back to sinners rise, summoned ai and she fell into the water. Waited 15 minutes outside the boss room and me and another guy kicked ass, my first great soul! Those gargoyles can suck it.

Bought that fire swaith, might come in handy in future. The boss weapons don't sound great at all.

Yay at the famous huntsmans copse everyone is Going on about.

Well that was sort lived, breezed through and 1st timed solo'd the skeleton Lords, surprisingly easy. I need to go back tho as I found a key which I'm guessing opens the locked door I passed. Harvest valley looks like a great laugh :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gargoyles and Chariot
    down. The former was incredibly easy (although a good solid fight), first time job with no assistance. The super speedy ambush guys on the way to the latter is probably the most frustrating boss approach I've encountered yet, especially since there's a red phantom waiting before the fog gate!

Also: I'm really sorry, sleeping pattern :(

Wow this katana. R2 cuts through shields. Coming towards the end of the game now. Only 2 more areas to visit, with one of them seemingly only being a boss fight.

Time for bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Fire Swath is ridiculously powerful for a spell with no requirements!

Was just at
    Shrine of Amana, possibly my least favourite place now, goddamn homing arrows! Did anyone else find Demon of Song quite difficult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmmmm I thought I was getting trolled by some of those Pharros doors doing nothing like that one in iron keep when you enter the open center area before the smelter boss, it was only when I saw my foot prints on the ground did the penny drop ;)

calex71 wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm I thought I was getting trolled by some of those Pharros doors doing nothing like that one in iron keep when you enter the open center area before the smelter boss, it was only when I saw my foot prints on the ground did the penny drop ;)
    They just heal you right? Or do they also allow you to walk on the lava?

Found three in that area but ran out of stones so couldn't activate them all. Pretty sure the one I missed
    leads to a bonfire too
    :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wow this katana. R2 cuts through shields. Coming towards the end of the game now. Only 2 more areas to visit, with one of them seemingly only being a boss fight.

Time for bed

Where did you find a Katana? Loved it in DS1, so definitely want to pick it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Has anyone tried re-specing their character yet? I think my builds a bit all over the place. There's no downside to doing it is there, other than the loss of a soul vessel?

Also, I've encountered Pate for the second time in
    Earthern Peak.
    Hes directing me to some treasure, but the only place to go is a door that doesnt open from my side. Have I come to him backwards, or is that the exit from the treasure area. I'm quite confused and lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I'm finishing this today, no matter what

Advertisement