Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

chickenboy wrote: »
    Has anyone tried re-specing their character yet? I think my builds a bit all over the place. There's no downside to doing it is there, other than the loss of a soul vessel?

Correct. No penalty. You just use the soul vessel. You can get more though so don't worry. I did it but more to optimize than change direction. Took points out of dex that I wasn't using. I'm at 48 str, 46 endurance, 27 Vigor, 26 Vitality, 10 Adaptability and 9 Dex.

I'm rocking a +10 club. It's fast and it 'S' scales with strength so it hits like a truck. I have a +10 firesword as backup and a +7 Raw Heavy Crossbow. I'm also using Havels Armor and Havels Greatshield. Godlike Stability.

I just reached the Shrine of Amana now and decided to call it due to tiredness. Breezed through the castle without a single death. I feel like I've polished my build now and all bosses shall fall before me. :P

Also, the game revealing the bonfires you missed was a nice touch. I only missed 2 in the entire game. Pretty happy with that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just beat the sentinels solo yuussss. Then trying to figure how to that treasure up on the floor above, I said I would just press x on all the walls. The very first press opened the door double yussss
    You can jump to it. Remove your armour, you'll jump that bit further. I couldn't make it until I removed my armour.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kiith wrote: »
    Where did you find a Katana? Loved it in DS1, so definitely want to pick it up again.

I got one last night by farming the knights in the iron keep. Took ages though, and that was with a covetous gold serpent ring.

Has anyone tried re-specing their character yet? I think my builds a bit all over the place. There's no downside to doing it is there, other than the loss of a soul vessel?

Also, I've encountered Pate for the second time in
    Earthern Peak.
    Hes directing me to some treasure, but the only place to go is a door that doesnt open from my side. Have I come to him backwards, or is that the exit from the treasure area. I'm quite confused and lost.
    go back up the steps go right and then right again, you should end up on a ledge, you can then drop down to another ledge where there'll be a chest and the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just realized that *Soul of a Brave Warrior* and *Large Soul of a Proud Knight*
    Give you actual Souls!!

I've bloody loads of them :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Give you actual Souls!!

I take it you didn't play the first game :p same happened to me then, didnt use them until I had the game cleared more or less!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Give you actual Souls!!

The boss souls can be used for the same thing. Once you've found the guy who'll trade the souls for weapons, I don't think there's any point in holding onto the soul if you don't want it's equivalent weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The boss souls can be used for the same thing. Once you've found the guy who'll trade the souls for weapons, I don't think there's any point in holding onto the soul if you don't want it's equivalent weapon.

Hmm.. I definitely need a better sword. Still using the Fire Sword you get in the cave which is only doing around 90 damage per hit (I'm level 35)

Would I be best upgrading the Sword or should I just replace it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh yes there is !!!!!!!!! One soul in particular has a purpose other than getting souls or a weapon
    having this one in your inventory will lower a certain bosses defences

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Some of the aggro patterns are stupid as **** so many times I've seen enemies miles away and ignored them, moved on in the area, take damage, try to heal and next thing that enemy from 5 minutes ago comes in behind me and kills me -_-

Hmm.. I definitely need a better sword. Still using the Fire Sword you get in the cave which is only doing around 90 damage per hit (I'm level 35)

It depends on your stats and playstyle. I've gone mainly strength, and am rocking a bastard sword upgraded to +6 so far. When you look at a weapon in your inventory screen, you'll see its requirements (strength, dex etc), along with a letter underneath each. The letter lets you know how much the weapon improves based on the stat, and range from A-E, with S aswel I think being the very top. So if you'r going strength, you'll want something that scales well with that stat, and the same with faith, int, dex builds etc.

Once you've found one you like, upgrade away. There's more than enough small titanite hanging around to easily get a few weapons up to +3. Once you get above this, you start needing large shards and chunks, which are rarer; use these for your main weapon. You might struggle upgrading the fire sword; I'm guessing you need twinkling titanite for that, which is rare at the start of the game anyway.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Oh yes there is !!!!!!!!! One soul in particular has a purpose other than getting souls or a weapon

How very interesting! I have no idea which one. And despite my advice above, I've yet to get rid of any of my boss souls!

I've been using a Lightning Longsword the whole playthrough, it's my preferred weapon except on some bosses where I need that extra little bit of damage. Any weapon is viable in the game, just use whatever falls into your preferred playstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Where did you find a Katana? Loved it in DS1, so definitely want to pick it up again.

Iron keep seems to be the earliest place to get a katana. It's after huntsman Copse and harvest valley. There is also an ember in iron keep which you can give to an NPC and then he will sell you a katana. Other two katana I found are towards the end of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Fire Swath is ridiculously powerful for a spell with no requirements!

Was just at
    Shrine of Amana, possibly my least favourite place now, goddamn homing arrows! Did anyone else find Demon of Song quite difficult?

It killed me on my first attempt cause I stood there like an idiot as it fell on me. Killed on second try. Just broke lock on and sprinted out of range when it began attacking

Better not be
    flexile sentry
    that's the only one ive traded in yet.

Shrine of Amana can go to hell

Has anyone tried a mundane weapon upgrade yet? seems like that could be deceptive in that it shows a reduction in stats and nothing else making it look like a downgrade , but some say that it scales based on the lowest stat you have , so if you had a fairly even spread over all stats???

I swear to **** they only aggro once you move the camera off of them

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Whats the diminishing return number in this? still 40?

beat the three bastille sentinels this morning, and got my first primal bonfire lit, the belfry gargoyles are back eh grrr

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kirby wrote: »
    Also, the game revealing the bonfires you missed was a nice touch. I only missed 2 in the entire game. Pretty happy with that. :)

Is that something to do with the Cartographer and the flames on the map?

• Advertisement

Is that something to do with the Cartographer and the flames on the map?

I think that's showing only primal bonfires or souls of the old ones or something.

What's this mundane thingy Calex?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My G27 just arrived.... Looks like I am going to fall behind Dark Souls for a bit. :mad:

First world problems and all...

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think that's showing only primal bonfires or souls of the old ones or something.

What's this mundane thingy Calex?

It's another stone like for making lightning weapons etc. but does nothing obvious except remove damage instead of adding it, checking various places most seem in agreement that it scales with the lowest stat you have so for me faith it would only be 3 but if you have a good spread it could be quiet the upgrade.

It's another stone like for making lightning weapons etc. but does nothing obvious except remove damage instead of adding it, checking various places most seem in agreement that it scales with the lowest stat you have so for me faith it would only be 3 but if you have a good spread it could be quiet the upgrade.

So you could have a lightning weapon now even though your faith is low?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So you could have a lightning weapon now even though your faith is low?

No no , the old mundane stone adds nothing , nothing at all, no element , does nothing on screen other than apparent reduction in the stats of the weapon, have a look if you have one hover over mundane and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sickened, pumped my Ultra Great Sword up to +3 and I absolutely hate using it, what a waste of titanite.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sickened, pumped my Ultra Great Sword up to +3 and I absolutely hate using it, what a waste of titanite.

Which ultra great sword you using? I Use "Greatsword" at +8 and it it Fantastic!

My stats are good enough now to powerstance two bastard swords. Terribly impractical but looks badass!

My stats are good enough now to powerstance two bastard swords. Terribly impractical but looks badass!

Yeah I tried it out yesterday with a dagger and scimitar for ****'s and giggles, the move sets are really cool but I don't think it's really that viable against powerful enemies or pvp though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Levelled up my Bastard Sword yesterday and it's brilliant :) Found a cool Fire Longsword also in a cave with a nasty looking fire breathing serpent type thing.

Advertisement