Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Venturing towards
    Harvest Valley
    today - is there need for extra poison resistance to traverse those green valleys or will a healthy supply of the standard resistance / moss items do the trick?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've not gone through all of it, but i managed to run through most areas without getting hit. Took a bit of time, and only picked up 1 item at a time, but it's doable. Haven't gotten all the way through though, so that might change.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Venturing towards
    Harvest Valley
    today - is there need for extra poison resistance to traverse those green valleys or will a healthy supply of the standard resistance / moss items do the trick?

I got by with a few common fruit and about 10 moss. It's worth venturing in to get the loot even if you know you're going to die. Some good ore and that knocking around. Just do it hollow with not much souls on you to be safe.

Tbh common fruit didn't really do that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Venturing towards
    Harvest Valley

I haven't found anything in the game that comes close to some of the sets in dark souls 1 for resistance to anything , I equipped all my highest rated gear for poison res and still had problems with poisoning unless I'm missing something, I know there are mosses etc but regards gear>?

Should i unpetrify the statue near the starter area, or the boss soul blacksmith guy? Do i get many more of them, or do you have to choose one or the other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Venturing towards
    Harvest Valley

I am there myself and my gear is shockingly bad for Poison Resistance. I just clear up mobs and then do loot runs. Just use Estus Flasks when HP runs down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The statue near Majula, definitely, opens up a significant area. Although be careful (don't read if you don't want to spoil the 'surprise') -
    there's a serious ambush when you do it
    . Have been disappointed at the spells on offer from the trader, only one worth getting so far.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kiith wrote: »
    Should i unpetrify the statue near the starter area, or the boss soul blacksmith guy? Do i get many more of them, or do you have to choose one or the other?

You'll get more of them, I did boss soul guy first, he sells some good pyromancies too. The one near the start, she's a merchant too and sells
    more basic pyromancies but also upgrades your pyromancy glove
    . Also if you decide to unpetrify her
    for the love of god don't open the door beside her until she is gone back to Majula.

I'm a dex build, so does he have anything that would make a massive difference? Definitely want a better weapon or two, but i also want a surprise (must resist the urge to read spoiler!!).

I'm a dex build, so does he have anything that would make a massive difference? Definitely want a better weapon or two, but i also want a surprise (must resist the urge to read spoiler!!).

You might regret not reading the last spoiler :P

I'm a little underwhelmed by boss soul weapons so far, I'm a dex build too but I got my attunement up high enough to use 2 slots for pyromancy as back up. The only decent looking Dex boss soul weapon I thought was the sword you get for the Flexile Sentry Soul.

• Advertisement

What weapons are you using currently? My Ricards Rapier is great, but i'd love something stronger. Also, need to get myself a good bow. Still using my +2 shortbow.

And i'm fully expecting the spoiler to kill me many, many times :P

What weapons are you using currently? My Ricards Rapier is great, but i'd love something stronger. Also, need to get myself a good bow. Still using my +2 shortbow.

Blacksteel Katana +10 is my new primary, Ricards Rapier +6 is my back up though it was my primary before now (will upgrade fully when I get more large shards). Had to farm for a good hour in the Iron Keep to get the katana, and that was with a Covetous gold serpent ring +1. I've found the +3 shortbow grand so far, but also on the look out for a better one.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Blacksteel Katana +10 is my new primary, Ricards Rapier +6 is my back up though it was my primary before now (will upgrade fully when I get more large shards). Had to farm for a good hour in the Iron Keep to get the katana, and that was with a Covetous gold serpent ring +1. I've found the +3 shortbow grand so far, but also on the look out for a better one.

I don't know what the Blacksteel Katana is, but i want one.

I don't know what the Blacksteel Katana is, but i want one.

It's beastial, move set similar to the Iaito in the first game. It's the weapon of choice of a certain enemy, not sure if there's any way to get it apart from farming.

It's beastial, move set similar to the Iaito in the first game. It's the weapon of choice of a certain enemy, not sure if there's any way to get it apart from farming.

Stick on the explorer hood or any that boosts discovery and get a pile of them, I'm sat on 4 of them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Venturing towards
    Harvest Valley

I found myself getting poisoned alot; a healthy supply of those items should be grand. I also found that two lifegems taken in quick succession will keep the loss of health at bay until you become unpoisoned.

If anyone is on the lookout for another bow, the bellkeeper bow from sinners rise is a good shout. I think I had it drop from one of the big guys in the sewer.

calex71 wrote: »
    Stick on the explorer hood or any that boosts discovery and get a pile of them, I'm sat on 4 of them :pac:

Ugh, half the knights don't even respawn anymore it took me so long! :D Don't think I have that hood yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm still using my bastard sword +5 it's doing me well, I really need more titanite though.

Ugh, half the knights don't even respawn anymore it took me so long! :D Don't think I have that hood yet.

You can buy the merchants hood in Majula, from the old woman I think. This boosts item discovery, and comes complete with a fancy monocle.

chickenboy wrote: »
    You can buy the merchants hood in Majula, from the old woman I think. This boosts item discovery, and comes complete with a fancy monocle.

Oh yeah I know the one, my character is too bad ass for a monocle :(

• Advertisement

Guy in Majula sells them, prisoner hood works the same I think, annying you can't see your item discover % and I have no idea if items like the ring+hood+rusty coin stack , I have a feeling they don't.

Oh yeah I know the one, my character is too bad ass for a monocle :(

I think you're mixed up. Monocoles can only increase badassery. Everyone expects to be smacked by a sword when you meet someone in a common metal headpiece. A beret and a monocle though; that's memorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just wondering where are people farming large titanite? My Blacksteel Katana is stuck at bloody +4 as a result, thankfully I have 40 dex to compensate :d

Also where is that ember in the Iron Keep? Is it before or after the 2nd bonfire that loops around Belfry Luna??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Which ultra great sword you using? I Use "Greatsword" at +8 and it it Fantastic!

I think its the old Knight ultra great swird, got it from one if the giant knights at heides towers. I just really don't like the The swings from it, the flame long sword has been my main weapon since finding it. It was on the verge of breaking at huntsmans copse so I equipped the blacksmiths hammer. Never used it before but it 1 and 2 shot all the skeleton lords, would love to turn it into a lightning weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I think that's showing only primal bonfires or souls of the old ones or something

I don't know... I have a strange feeling it shows something else. It looks like there are spaces for 7-8 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Well I've only got one more bonfire to unlock and I'm at one of the areas that were all over the trailers now. Taking a break and will hopefully finish up the story tonight and then go 'splorin

Dis game meng, 2gud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Summoned the NPC to help fight the boss at sinners rise and she knocked me off the walkway into the water trying to run passed me. Oh Dark Souls :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Summoned the NPC to help fight the boss at sinners rise and she knocked me off the walkway into the water trying to run passed me. Oh Dark Souls :mad:

at least we know jesus cant walk on water :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know the location of a Great Shield? I am just at the start of harvest place but don't mind going back lookjng for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I have one Pharros Lockstone left but there is soooo many in he Pharros area :(

Anyone know which one gives good treasure? Looking for the Gyrm Shield mostly.

Advertisement