Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

OdgeXD wrote: »
    It's a stance for dual wielders, hold triangle while dual wielding and you attack with both weapons. Ultra offensive but you sacrifice pretty much all defence. It's amazing

You need 150% of minimum stat requirements for each weapon too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Christ,everyone i summon against the smelter demon doesn't seem to know about his AOE attack, they all rush him just before he does it and die :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Christ,everyone i summon against the smelter demon doesn't seem to know about his AOE attack, they all rush him just before he does it and die :mad:

If you can use the Grym shield against him, all you have to do is block and his attacks will do 0 damage on you. Makes it simple

If you can use the Grym shield against him, all you have to do is block and his attacks will do 0 damage on you. Makes it simple

Is that a great shield? I'd probably have to re-spec to use it. Where you get it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The fog forest...ugh! Got through it 1st time, but bloody hell.

• Advertisement

Is that a great shield? I'd probably have to re-spec to use it. Where you get it?

Is a pretty common drop from the dwarves in door of pharos, think it is a greatshield but isn't massive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I wonder is there a trophy for worst Sorcerer ever !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Think you need 30 STR for Gyrm Shield. Can anyone tell me what the lever does above the last bonfire in Iron Keep?

Think you need 30 STR for Gyrm Shield. Can anyone tell me what the lever does above the last bonfire in Iron Keep?

If it's one i'm thinking of it
    turns off all the statues shooting flames

I've hit such a wall in this game. Can't beat the two bosses in the Iron Keep, can;t beat the Gulch boss, can't beat the Pharros boss and can't beat the Brightstone Cove Boss...sigh, I am failing you Dark Souls!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

On my way home from work to finish the fight. To claim all souls for myself. To finally.......

Why is my character doing this again? I have no idea what the plot to this game is....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is a pretty common drop from the dwarves in door of pharos, think it is a greatshield but isn't massive

Looking it up i see you need 32 str for it. I was gonna upgrade the tower shield but might hold off for this one instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I've hit such a wall in this game. Can't beat the two bosses in the Iron Keep, can;t beat the Gulch boss, can't beat the Pharros boss and can't beat the Brightstone Cove Boss...sigh, I am failing you Dark Souls!!!

you talking about the
    rat
    in pharros ?
    qucikly take out the small rats , i used a draglic +2 sword one handed , its swing just wacked them all one hit the main boss itself shield up and when he swipes with his hands just walk between his back legs and start wacking

I don't even have to kill anyone to reach the boss arena anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Happening to me every time i summon someone. They run in hacking away at him and get killed in seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Looked up the Rank 3 requirements for the Darkwraith-style covenant, 500 kills with the special ring on! Seems excessive. The reward looks really good though.
    I guarantee you can, learn to roll to dodge attacks and you'll have it done within 1-2 tries. Same goes for one of the Iron Keep bosses, although understandably the Demon is hard, he's optional just remember that.
    the Brightstone Cove boss is really easy if you just keep strafing right, and use a bow/crossbow with fire arrows/bolts you get from Ornifex. The spiders can't hit you if you keep moving.

For people who haven't played Dark Souls 1: Just remember that you can roll to completely dodge a lot of attacks. Your equipment load judges how long the window is for you to miss the attack. If you keep your load under 70% you usually have enough to get a good roll. Do it just before you think it's going to hit you; there's a timing to it but once you get the knack of it is is a lot faster and easier than just blocking everything.

Getting sick of the dragon shrine

Beat him at last. :)

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Looked up the Rank 3 requirements for the Darkwraith-style covenant, 500 kills with the special ring on! Seems excessive. The reward looks really good though.

I guarantee you can, learn to roll to dodge attacks and you'll have it done within 1-2 tries. Same goes for one of the Iron Keep bosses, although understandably the Demon is hard, he's optional just remember that.
    the Brightstone Cove boss is really easy if you just keep strafing right, and use a bow/crossbow with fire arrows/bolts you get from Ornifex. The spiders can't hit you if you keep moving.

For people who haven't played Dark Souls 1: Just remember that you can roll to completely dodge a lot of attacks. Your equipment load judges how long the window is for you to miss the attack. If you keep your load under 70% you usually have enough to get a good roll. Do it just before you think it's going to hit you; there's a timing to it but once you get the knack of it is is a lot faster and easier than just blocking everything.

Thanks, I've actually just managed to do that with the main Iron Keep boss, there was one move that was going through my shield and knocking me into the lava, once I could roll for that move the rest was very easy! :D

Now to take on the Gulch I think!

I'm trying to recall, how does one get to Belfry Luna?

• Advertisement

I'm trying to recall, how does one get to Belfry Luna?
    Pharro's Lockstone in room below Servant's Quarters bonfire in the Bastille. Same story with the other Belfry near Iron Keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Just killed the last boss there!.. now time to search every nook and cranny for goodies :)

Must have outlevelled my welcome for invading in the belfry, haven't gotten a single one today :( Been fighting some dragonbros on the bridge outside the iron keep though.

cba with dragon shrine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone know which is the bigger game, this or DS1?

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone know which is the bigger game, this or DS1?
    Oh, definitely this. I certainly feel the world is much bigger anyway. It doesn't have the same scale as DS1 in terms of huge, huge spaces, but there are far more areas and I'm pretty sure more bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Sometimes you just need to know when to give up in this game. I think i've lost about 50k souls this evening in the first open area in the Iron Keep. I either die stupidly with a mistimed roll or jump, or else get shot in the back by a dragonslayer, followed by me raging and rushing back and making more mistakes.

Time for bed.

chickenboy wrote: »
    Sometimes you just need to know when to give up in this game. I think i've lost about 50k souls this evening in the first open area in the Iron Keep. I either die stupidly with a mistimed roll or jump, or else get shot in the back by a dragonslayer, followed by me raging and rushing back and making more mistakes.

Time for bed.
    Do it methodically if you ever feel outnumbered. Start by killing the archer before anything else, then lure one enemy at a time.

Here's how I cleared Iron Keep every time - use a bow to slowly pick at archer, then use a bow to aggro the enemy ahead and then one on the bridge, knock the higher up one ahead with a fireball (he nearly always falls off), then attack the guy with the lightning sword. Done!

chickenboy wrote: »

Time for bed.

Exactly how I am with the area I'm in now, just need to step away for a while

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Smelter Demon
    :eek:

Got him on third try. Surely he'd be nearly impossible without phantoms (they have an AI one outside for that very reason, I imagine).

• Advertisement

Smelter Demon
    :eek:

Got him on third try. Surely he'd be nearly impossible without phantoms (they have an AI one outside for that very reason, I imagine).

I'm still trying to kill the b*stard! Have left him for now, I'm off to the Gulch!

Advertisement