Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Do it methodically if you ever feel outnumbered. Start by killing the archer before anything else, then lure one enemy at a time.

Here's how I cleared Iron Keep every time - use a bow to slowly pick at archer, then use a bow to aggro the enemy ahead and then one on the bridge, knock the higher up one ahead with a fireball (he nearly always falls off), then attack the guy with the lightning sword. Done!

Oh I've cleared it. rather than heading towards the turtles or into the fog, i went for the hard jump near where you first went in. Which is where my frustration began!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

chickenboy wrote: »
    Oh I've cleared it. rather than heading towards the turtles or into the fog, i went for the hard jump near where you first went in. Which is where my frustration began!
    Which hard jump is that? The one with the item hanging off the edge?

In regards to the above posts, I think if you try pure melee against that boss, you're going to have a hard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

In regards to the above posts, I think if you try pure melee against that boss, you're going to have a hard time.

Ok, so you were right, the rotten turned out to be very handy in the end!!

Server down for anyone else on PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Smelter Demon
    :eek:

Got him on third try. Surely he'd be nearly impossible without phantoms (they have an AI one outside for that very reason, I imagine).

The AI one I think needs to survive that to continue their story I think, couldn't for the life of me keep her on her feet :mad:

Go back into the boss room into the centre !!!!!
    A "friend" is waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Is there any use for the snuggly type nest in the tutorial section?

GK1001 wrote: »
    Is there any use for the snuggly type nest in the tutorial section?

Deposit smooth and silky stones to get a random drop!

Just destroyed the Rotten in some Jolly Cooperation :D

Deposit smooth and silky stones to get a random drop!

Just destroyed the Rotten in some Jolly Cooperation :D
    Prism stones work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just got the ashen mist heart off you know who....no idea what I should be doing now. Am I right in saying it's tree related?

Can't get a summon for the Brightstone Boss at all, finding it pretty difficult to do alone with the small enemies at the start, same deal with the Rat boss in Pharros to. Think they are the only two I have left to do before opening up a new area. Think I have 1 more big boss soul to get.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Iron Keep done! Got the boss in one go with a phantom, we both just stayed back and ranged attacked and it was no bother at all.

Onwards to the Gulch and then Shaded Woods - haven't ventured past the first bonfire in either yet.
    calex71 wrote: »
    The AI one I think needs to survive that to continue their story I think, couldn't for the life of me keep her on her feet :mad:

Yeah, she was my 'bait' while I stayed at the sides casting, only lasted about half the fight. Luckily I had a melee ninja on my side too who was able to roll around up close while I picked it off with heavy and great soul arrows.
    Go back into the boss room into the centre !!!!!
    A "friend" is waiting

So I discovered! I tried to be smart and hack away from the safety of the door / cage, but he just disappears in black smoke if you try that!

Yesssss, got the lost Primal Bonfire lit :D Now onward to...err... :confused:

Yesssss, got the lost Primal Bonfire lit :D Now onward to...err... :confused:
    There's a door that you couldn't open before because you didn't have the right souls...think carefully :)

Yeah I remember I needed some thing but I can't for the life of me remember where, there was definitely a door around the
    Forest of the Fallen Giants area that said I needed something about the King? That it?

Yeah I remember I needed some thing but I can't for the life of me remember where, there was definitely a door around the
    Forest of the Fallen Giants area that said I needed something about the King? That it?
    Did you unpetrify the girl in the way of the switch?

Did you unpetrify the girl in the way of the switch?

Ohhhhhh
    Shaded Woods of course! 2 areas down there I couldn't access if I remember right. Am I totally losing my mind thinking there was one around the Forest of Fallen Giants?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There are three of them doors if memory serves. You still cant open them without the kings seal. Go to the Forked Road bonfire in shaded woods and there is a tiny path that leads to the castle. Explore around until you see it. It's very easy to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Easiest and quickest way to get souls is definitely some jolly cooperation. I'm about lvl 120 now. I hung around the Freja fog gate for around 40 minutes helping people kill her. Walked away with 75k souls. Fairly impressive. Fun too! I always enjoy squishing spiders with my club. :D

Kirby wrote: »
    Easiest and quickest way to get souls is definitely some jolly cooperation. I'm about lvl 120 now. I hung around the Freja fog gate for around 40 minutes helping people kill her. Walked away with 75k souls. Fairly impressive. Fun too! I always enjoy squishing spiders with my club. :D

Is that the Brightstone cove boss? I literally summoned a dude with a club maybe 20 mins ago who helped me kill her!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So went into the Smelter Demon's lair again there looking around for stuff I missed only to be met with a thoroughly unwelcome surprise with an absolute tonne of HP, Fire swath knocked 900 off him but it didn't even equate to a quarter of the total :eek:

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So went into the Smelter Demon's lair again there looking around for stuff I missed only to be met with a thoroughly unwelcome surprise with an absolute tonne of HP, Fire swath knocked 900 off him but it didn't even equate to a quarter of the total :eek:
    Yeah, he's a total pain, especially that sword stab which is hard to predict because he does it in a slow 'I'm gonna do it!' kind of way.

HOLY MOTHER
    Drangleic Castle!!!
    There is surely a bonfire between that area and the shaded wood bonfire? Such a trek to just get twatted.

HOLY MOTHER
    Drangleic Castle!!!
    There is surely a bonfire between that area and the shaded wood bonfire? Such a trek to just get twatted.
    There's a bonfire not far into the castle, go right.

There's a bonfire not far into the castle, go right.

After
    the two huge mammoth statue guys?

That place is so difficult and
    I haven't even got into the bloody castle yet!!

Ah well, so glad to have gotten this far today, so gunna call it a night and have a good crack at it tomorrow.

Anyone here completed this yet btw? Can you tell me
    how far am I off the end?

That place is so difficult and
    I haven't even got into the bloody castle yet!!

Ah well, so glad to have gotten this far today, so gunna call it a night and have a good crack at it tomorrow.

Anyone here completed this yet btw? Can you tell me
    how far am I off the end?
    There's still a way to go from that point.
    To get the elephants use ranged battle to weaken them and try to tackle one at a time. You have an enormous stairway to keep distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

God bless the people who leave messages! One told me to attack the fence, I did and went looking fir treasure just to find a guy who called me an eejit, possibly gaming highlight of 2014 so far :D

Just came across this regards weapon scaling

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/20qmz9/weapon_scalability_tier_list/

Still trying to get my head around it

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Yep that one. Usually I'm quite good at either making them or realising I'm going to die before I attempted it. That one seemed doable, I just fecked up my timing.

• Advertisement

Guys I need advice for handling the
    royal rat authority
    as pure melee, the tactic is essentially the same as it was for Sif in DS .... well thats what I'm going for 2 handed with my fire kitana, the problem I am having is not being able to take out the wee lads quick enough and getting toxic :(

For not the 1st time in this game, I really get the impression that it is forcing you to play as a ranged caster, I think 90% of everything so far could have been made 50% easier as a caster at range.

Edit: Never mind , I got the bastard , lucked out on bunching the wee lads and getting them all in 1 swing

Advertisement