Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

calex71 wrote: »
    Guys I need advice for handling the
    royal rat authority
    as pure melee, the tactic is essentially the same as it was for Sif in DS .... well thats what I'm going for 2 handed with my fire kitana, the problem I am having is not being able to take out the wee lads quick enough and getting toxic :(

For not the 1st time in this game, I really get the impression that it is forcing you to play as a ranged caster, I think 90% of everything so far could have been made 50% easier as a caster at range.

Edit: Never mind , I got the bastard , lucked out on bunching the wee lads and getting them all in 1 swing

I agree, caster seems to be easy mode. I got invaded yesterday by a guy dual-wielding staffs. Before I could get within 20 feet of him, he spammed dark magic (dark bead??), which was both near-undodgable and near-unblockable. Fun times.

Do you have to face the royal rat authority if you're already in the rat covenant?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Guys I need advice for handling the
    royal rat authority
    as pure melee, the tactic is essentially the same as it was for Sif in DS .... well thats what I'm going for 2 handed with my fire kitana, the problem I am having is not being able to take out the wee lads quick enough and getting toxic :(

For not the 1st time in this game, I really get the impression that it is forcing you to play as a ranged caster, I think 90% of everything so far could have been made 50% easier as a caster at range.

Edit: Never mind , I got the bastard , lucked out on bunching the wee lads and getting them all in 1 swing

Sprint straight to the right middle side of the room. The big guy always jumps to the same spot so it gives you a couple of seconds to deal with the little ones, wear poison resist gear and once you take the little ones out it's pretty straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

chickenboy wrote: »
    I agree, caster seems to be easy mode. I got invaded yesterday by a guy dual-wielding staffs. Before I could get within 20 feet of him, he spammed dark magic (dark bead??), which was both near-undodgable and near-unblockable. Fun times.

Do you have to face the royal rat authority if you're already in the rat covenant?

Totally optional boss, I had joined previously and then left so could fight him, if you are a member it will be a pvp area but much more elaborate than the others in that its got water to slow you at the bottom and traps for the unsuspecting

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Totally optional boss, I had joined previously and then left so could fight him, if you are a member it will be a pvp area but much more elaborate than the others in that its got water to slow you at the bottom and traps for the unsuspecting

The people who completely abuse the covenant are scumbags man, been reading some posts on reddit about how some of them have levelled up the area a few times along with all the traps. Pretty ****ty if you get summoned there.

Was talking to a friend when he discovered and played through some of the Abyss Covenant content last night. Let's just say it's a real blast from the past.

OdgeXD wrote: »
    The people who completely abuse the covenant are scumbags man, been reading some posts on reddit about how some of them have levelled up the area a few times along with all the traps. Pretty ****ty if you get summoned there.

Was talking to a friend when he discovered and played through some of the Abyss Covenant content last night. Let's just say it's a real blast from the past.

I did actually get a fight with likely the 1 and only guy playing fair, he was stood in the small area raised just above the water when you enter the area where the giant would be and waited there for me to get out of the water before attakting, I lost but at least it was a fair fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Anyone know any local stores that are stocking the Guide by any chance? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on it to assist with NG+'s.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SK1979 wrote: »
    Anyone know any local stores that are stocking the Guide by any chance? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on it to assist with NG+'s.

Not out til 26th I think.

Preordered from bookdespository.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I did actually get a fight with likely the 1 and only guy playing fair, he was stood in the small area raised just above the water when you enter the area where the giant would be and waited there for me to get out of the water before attakting, I lost but at least it was a fair fight.

I don't really agree with you there!

I haven't had the chance to play the game much (only at giant boss) but from the previous games, using the environment against players in PVP is part and parcel.

I personally think two players in an arena with no other obstacles etc would show up DS multiplayer to be pretty limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Have this pre-ordered from Amazon the Collector’s edition Guide, but they have changed the delivery dates to the end of the month.....Publisher have delayed the release for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Found the lightning spear in earthen peak, couldn't find it in my weapon list and then realised it is a spell :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

In regards to killing the
    Rat Vanguard
    , just remember you have lots of open space, use it to get away when it's crowded. I did the whole thing with a longsword.

I was on the rat king covenant for a while, I play fair though, always took them to the circular room for a standard duel.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Found the lightning spear in earthen peak, couldn't find it in my weapon list and then realised it is a spell
    There is a proper Sunlight Spear you can get in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Is this game worth buying if I have no inteweb in my apartment? Or would a rent suffice?

P.S- I suffer from choice paralysis.

Is this game worth buying if I have no inteweb in my apartment? Or would a rent suffice?

P.S- I suffer from choice paralysis.
    It's just as fulfilling of an experience offline. Although you will find the bosses tougher, they're all made to be completed solo. Have you played the original? It might be worth checking out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This thread and internet should be your guide! :pac:

Cydoniac wrote: »

There is a proper Sunlight Spear you can get in the game.

Class, I just joined the sun bro covenant as well, any advantages besides being ultra cool?

Class, I just joined the sun bro covenant as well, any advantages besides being ultra cool?
    Ah, well I was wrong, it is a spell like in the last game. Really powerful though!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's easy to rank up and suitable for faith builds due to the rewards you get, my next character will be a sunbro methinks

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's easy to rank up and suitable for faith builds due to the rewards you get, my next character will be a sunbro methinks

Yeah, I going STR this time but really like the look of some miracles I have. Faith build for me next as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

It's just as fulfilling of an experience offline. Although you will find the bosses tougher, they're all made to be completed solo. Have you played the original? It might be worth checking out first.

I played Dark Souls. Found it a challenge alright but I hope to prevail. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm gunn go for either a pure faith/sorcery build next as I never did in DS1. Any tips for such a build? Where to get miracles early, what weapon to use, how to go about levelling up etc

Also would you go faith/dex or faith/str?

• Advertisement

wow spiders sure are fond of swords, just had 3 ricard's rapiers and a bunch of others drop from them. Might try a few more runs and see what they have :pac:

wow spiders sure are fond of swords, just had 3 ricard's rapiers and a bunch of others drop from them. Might try a few more runs and see what they have :pac:
    the spider drops are pretty bizarre. Probably alluding to their victims!

I'm thinking of getting the guide, anyone have it?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm gunn go for either a pure faith/sorcery build next as I never did in DS1. Any tips for such a build? Where to get miracles early, what weapon to use, how to go about levelling up etc

Also would you go faith/dex or faith/str?

Not too sure on levelling for faith/sorcery builds in this. In previous games magic or divine weapons would scale with INT/FAITH. Weapon upgrades have been completely overhauled for this game as far as I can see.

If you go for a faith build I'd head for Heide's tower of flame first
    as the NPC after the boss sells a lot of miracles.

My memory is a little vague but I don't recall it being this cheap to level up in the original , right now I'm at SL117 and it's still just sub 20k , I get the feeling I've been a little too conservative about dishing out souls on levels now :confused:

My memory is a little vague but I don't recall it being this cheap to level up in the original , right now I'm at SL117 and it's still just sub 20k , I get the feeling I've been a little too conservative about dishing out souls on levels now :confused:

Yeah I'm levelling up very quickly, didn't go over Lvl 100 until I was NG+ in DS1 and I took a good 90 hours on my first play through, I'm lvl80 now afer 40 hours or so.

I think because of the whole Soul memory thing you need to keep levelling up the whole time now rather than stopping at lvl120 like before.

I think the levelling is probably different in this game, because of the new stats system, and also the int/faith work a little differently. I'm pretty sure by level 100 it cost 50/60k plus to level up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Yeah, I going STR this time but really like the look of some miracles I have. Faith build for me next as well.

I did a repec last night, went with a mix of str/faith. I was going with a pure melee character but some of the miracles cause insane damage. Wish there was a way to respec weapons though iv wasted so much titanite

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

I'm running an INT/FTH/ATT Hex build so far and it's SICK! Love the variety of spells!

I'm currently in the Rat Covenant. Lads, it's so evil!! You can tell the people that are totally bewildered and have no idea what the hell it going on. And then three heavy homing soul arrows hit them :p

I'll change to the Pilgrims of the Dark covenant when I get enough Lockstones and be more honourable :p

I think the levelling is probably different in this game, because of the new stats system, and also the int/faith work a little differently. I'm pretty sure by level 100 it cost 50/60k plus to level up.

Level 117 and still sub 20k a level, it actually makes summoning easier being a higher level / soul memory believe it or not, sure there are fewer signs down but when you activate one you do get a summon 99% of the time and not a sign has disappeared message and have to move away till you hear them spawn again then run in and hope it's still active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Stupid question but how I fixmysword iv broken it already

Advertisement