Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

brady12 wrote: »
    Stupid question but how I fixmysword iv broken it already

The Blacksmith at Majula would fix one of my fully broken swords but I couldn't seem to get him to fix another sword that was "at risk" but not quite broken yet.

Theres an item for repairs as well but not sure if it only works when they are fully broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

noodler wrote: »
    The Blacksmith at Majula would fix one of my fully broken swords but I couldn't seem to get him to fix another sword that was "at risk" but not quite broken yet.

Theres an item for repairs as well but not sure if it only works when they are fully broken.

Just rest at a bonfire to repair swords that are at risk.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »

It only repairs damaged items, not broken ones (which i learned after falling in acid and having all my gear break :()

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can buy repair powder, I don't think it will prevent a weapon from breaking but should fix at risk stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Iv start again so.. Broke sword .. Was playing as warrior.. Got annihilated . Might give knight a go now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Considering leaving my current build where it is a the moment and starting a new game as a faith/dex or str build, just wondering how possible is it to speedrun your way to Earthen Peak as I wanna be a Sun Bro as early as possible to get as many sunlight medals as early on as I can.

Is it true that after you kill the area boss you can still be summoned in the area?

As I'm thinking Sun Bro-ing on the 1st boss would rake in the medals!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm tempted to start another character myself, and go with a Hex build. Looks like a lot of fun. It wouldn't be Dark Souls if i didn't start about 5 characters before clearing it with one :P

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm tempted to start another character myself, and go with a Hex build. Looks like a lot of fun. It wouldn't be Dark Souls if i didn't start about 5 characters before clearing it with one :P

How does a Hex build work? Don't think I've really come across that in my first playthrough.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Considering leaving my current build where it is a the moment and starting a new game as a faith/dex or str build, just wondering how possible is it to speedrun your way to Earthen Peak as I wanna be a Sun Bro as early as possible to get as many sunlight medals as early on as I can.

Is it true that after you kill the area boss you can still be summoned in the area?

As I'm thinking Sun Bro-ing on the 1st boss would rake in the medals!

You could always just finish with your current build, re-spec and be a sun bro for NG+. Speed running to earthen peak wouldn't be too hard then.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You could always just finish with your current build, re-spec and be a sun bro for NG+. Speed running to earthen peak wouldn't be too hard then.

True, but Drangleic Castle is causing me so awful bother at the moment. I'm curious for running a faith build as well, as in DS1 and DS2 I've just been a pure dex build.

How would NG+ work for being summoned into people's world's who aren't on NG+?

• Advertisement

True, but Drangleic Castle is causing me so awful bother at the moment. I'm curious for running a faith build as well, as in DS1 and DS2 I've just been a pure dex build.

How would NG+ work for being summoned into people's world's who aren't on NG+?

Don't know for sure but I don't think it matters which NG you're on. In the first you could summon someone from a different NG provided they were the same level as you.

Summon signs seam to be coming rarer and rarer as I pay though, so if you want the full sun bro experience maybe starting from scratch again is the best move, would be tough to get to the alter though. you'd have to clear
    Heide's tower(easy) and then hunstman's copse (could imagine the enemies there being pretty tough with a low level character), speed running earthen peak to the alter shouldn't be a problem though as a lot of the enemies there are slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So i killed smelter deamon thing. Was not too hard, but I did had that 100 fire resistance shield.
    The area before iron keep was piss easy too. Bosses in particular.
    I am still going full on strike/vitality build with my Buster Sword. Almost all trash mobs die in one or two hits. I was thinking of putting Raw on it to give extra 60 damage, but I noticed that it will lower the scaling of stress by one? I wonder won't it actually make it worse after upgrade...

By the way, as sun Bro I need to be alive to leave marks and get summoned? Or any kind of summoning? I got like 20 effigies at this stage. Thanks to that ring I don't miss humanity at all lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm pretty much using the same build as I did in Dark Souls. I always find it difficult to change :P

I've absolutely no ranged attacks either. I'm going to assume there will be at least one boss who I will need a ranged attack for.. similar to that butterfly boss in Dark Souls.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm pretty much using the same build as I did in Dark Souls. I always find it difficult to change :P

I've absolutely no ranged attacks either. I'm going to assume there will be at least one boss who I will need a ranged attack for.. similar to that butterfly boss in Dark Souls.

What about a bow or pyromancy? I'm a dex build so can use bows handy very well, but if you get your attunement to 13 you can fit 2 pyromancy spells in which are very handy. There's a ring which will give you an extra slot too so I usually have 3 spells equipped, but you could probably get that ring and just have one spell without putting anything into attunement too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Don't know for sure but I don't think it matters which NG you're on. In the first you could summon someone from a different NG provided they were the same level as you.

Summon signs seam to be coming rarer and rarer as I pay though, so if you want the full sun bro experience maybe starting from scratch again is the best move, would be tough to get to the alter though. you'd have to clear
    Heide's tower(easy) and then hunstman's copse (could imagine the enemies there being pretty tough with a low level character), speed running earthen peak to the alter shouldn't be a problem though as a lot of the enemies there are slow.

No can't summon between NG and NG+ etc this time.

calex71 wrote: »
    No can't summon between NG and NG+ etc this time.

Ah did not know that. You on NG+ yet?

Pretty sure I could speed run to the Dragon Rider, beat him, speedrun Huntsman's Copse, Skeleton Lords could prove difficult though, then speedrun Earthen Peak...hmm, would all depend on the Skeleton Lords I guess, but could summon someone for that...we shall see, gunna try it out this eve! Will probably playthrough Forest of Fallen Giants just to level up a little bit.

Good early game weapon??? Assuming the best class for a FAI/DEX would be the Cleric?

Pretty sure I could speed run to the Dragon Rider, beat him, speedrun Huntsman's Copse, Skeleton Lords could prove difficult though, then speedrun Earthen Peak...hmm, would all depend on the Skeleton Lords I guess, but could summon someone for that...we shall see, gunna try it out this eve! Will probably playthrough Forest of Fallen Giants just to level up a little bit.

Good early game weapon??? Assuming the best class for a FAI/DEX would be the Cleric?

Kill that knight sitting on his hole for his lightning sword.

Ah did not know that. You on NG+ yet?

Not yet in black gulch , poison resistance all the way, though ironically i used poison arrows like a coward on
    the two giants in the dark cave
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

tok9 wrote: »

No bosses need range....even the butterfly from ds1 eventually landed. But there are plenty of normal enemies where having some range is handy. The poison butterflys that sit in trees and some of the casters from brightcove.

If you are running a str build like me, you can use crossbows. Don't need dex for them. I'm using a raw heavy crossbow+7 and it hits for 250 a pop even with the cheap bolts. It's worth picking one up.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Not yet in black gulch , poison resistance all the way, though ironically i used poison arrows like a coward on
    the two giants in the dark cave
    :D

I cleaed back keep lastnight, my 2 options are go down he hole in majula or head through the shaded wood. I also found an area I missed in huntsman's copse called
    undead purgatory, the NPC phantom at the door killed me though so I gave up for the night then

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

didnt get to play this at all last night so a marathon session is in order this evening, got to the Shaded Wood the night before and was being shot from all directions so will go back there and have an explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, explain me please, the Covenant Of Bell Ends! :pac:

I dont want to join them, but looks like a huge part of people do. Makes almost impossible to explore those areas as I get 2 people teamed up against me.
    Is this Covenant for Bell ends who just like to attack in bigger numbers? Or do I just enter the damn Covenant, clear the Area and join back to my old Covenant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Online down? Im getting failed to create summon sign for the last hour

Online down? Im getting failed to create summon sign for the last hour

same here, got an in game message this morning about server maintenance but that was fine after 90 minutes.

Weird I can see other peoples signs but get a server time out when i put mine down

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Finally gave in and called in support for The Pursuer.
    Thanks to the two who helped if you're here...

I was the sorcerer that held back by the entry firing while you both ran in and hacked - thanks guys.

Lads, explain me please, the Covenant Of Bell Ends! :pac:

I dont want to join them, but looks like a huge part of people do. Makes almost impossible to explore those areas as I get 2 people teamed up against me.
    Is this Covenant for Bell ends who just like to attack in bigger numbers? Or do I just enter the damn Covenant, clear the Area and join back to my old Covenant?

You get titanite chunks every time you successfully invade, thats my reasoning for joining. get a titanite slab for the first rank up too.

Online not working for me at the moment either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Downloading patch 1.02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

ShaneU wrote: »
    Downloading patch 1.02

Excellent. Any idea what got patched?

• Advertisement

wtf, spend ages whittling down the pursuer only for him to pull an unblockable projectile attack out of his hole I've never seen before.

Advertisement