Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Mickeroo wrote: »
    wtf, spend ages whittling down the pursuer only for him to pull an unblockable projectile attack out of his hole I've never seen before.

Did you have someone summoned to help? Theres a good chance they fired that giant crossbow and you got hit by it. I caught one right in the forehead the first time i summoned someone in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Excellent. Any idea what got patched?

Getting turned human for being summoned is gone I think. And they might nerf the 3k repair cost for the Soul protection ring. 3k is too cheap. Should be 6k atleast like the other protection rings.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did you have someone summoned to help? Theres a good chance they fired that giant crossbow and you got hit by it. I caught one right in the forehead the first time i summoned someone in

No this is a different fight you can meet him again if you
    go back to the smelter demon's lair after beating it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You get titanite chunks every time you successfully invade, thats my reasoning for joining. get a titanite slab for the first rank up too.

Online not working for me at the moment either :(

Are there any benefits exploring these areas while not in covenant? I did rang 2 bells so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just finished the game last night at 3 am. Final stats
    LEVEL 118
    VGR 21
    END 23
    VIT 6
    ATN 13
    STR 15
    DEX 40
    ADP 16
    INT 31
    FTH 6

Dual wield the whole way through. No shield. Didn't summon npc nor player for any fight or drop my sign for any.

#feelsgoodman

• Advertisement

Guys, I just did the iron keep. Is there any other zone from there? I got 3 primal fires up, but no other zones to explore anymore. Unless pharos door place ( I heard it's just a troll place) or I missed a path to some zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

did u drop down the hole in majula?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Excellent. Any idea what got patched?

Related to summon errors I believe, nothing on xbox yet

Xyo wrote: »

Drop ?
    I spent a wealth of souls to take a posh ladder down
    :pac:

Xyo wrote: »

Not yet. I tried to do it once with a cat ring and still died.

Edit: just tried again and survived. Anxiously needed more health.

And I can see we got a different version of enemies I really god damn hate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone else failing to install the patch?

Get a server error

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone else failing to install the patch?

Get a server error

Same here HTTP 503 error

Looks like it's installing now.

Got the 503 error and then a 504 error.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Not yet. I tried to do it once with a cat ring and still died.

Edit: just tried again and survived. Anxiously needed more health.

And I can see we got a different version of enemies I really god damn hate!

You need to do it later on in the game when you have a nice bit of health, which I would say you do by now.

Jus started my FAI/STR build, going well, 1st boss down already, Mace +4.

Anyone who has done a FAI build, could you recommend me a good weapon to aim for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Looks like it's installing now.

Got the 503 error and then a 504 error.

The public changelog for the patch reads as follows, in Japanese:
    エラーコードが表示され召喚サインが書けなくなる現象の修正
    Which translates into:
    Modification of the phenomenon that summons sign is unable to write error code is displayed

Anyone have trouble putting down summon signs?

Man this is a serious struggle. Last download crashed and I'm not overly confident about this one.

Tempted to buy MGS if it fails again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jebus the approach to the chariot boss is a joke, not sure I could be arsed.

Man this is a serious struggle. Last download crashed and I'm not overly confident about this one.

Tempted to buy MGS if it fails again.

Odd, the patch worked for me 1st try about an hour or 2 ago.

Ok now I wish I'd been a little less reckless with the bonfire aesthetics :(

A pal has just told me they carry over to NG+ so essentially I will be playing 2 areas as NG++ could have been worse areas I guess, No Mans Wharf was one not sure about the other , I think it shows on fast travel screen so I'll check it in a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

You need to do it later on in the game when you have a nice bit of health, which I would say you do by now.

Jus started my FAI/STR build, going well, 1st boss down already, Mace +4.

Anyone who has done a FAI build, could you recommend me a good weapon to aim for?

The heide sword is pretty good especially early on. I upgraded the zweihander and enchanted it with lightning. It does some pretty good damage in pvp.
    You should make use of the respec and try out a few weapons in your current game then respec back again

I wiped all enemies in that area. They were just too yummy for souls. Chariot boss it self got one shoted though...

Guys, how do you get that friendly phantom aura? I think I took the right gift to get it. Something to do with a nest?

And one more question about rat covenant. You use normal signs to get summoned yourself while having ring equipped? Does it work everywhere or only in that cavern?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain, you just have to inch your way forward and lure the little ****s out one by one. The red phantom casually guarding the fog gate at the end made me verbally exclaim first time I saw him in the distance. And all you get is a creepy covenant for your troubles :pac:

Guys, how do you get that friendly phantom aura? I think I took the right gift to get it. Something to do with a nest?

Which aura, the 'disguise' grey phantom or the yellow phantom?

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain, you just have to inch your way forward and lure the little ****s out one by one. The red phantom casually guarding the fog gate at the end made me verbally exclaim first time I saw him in the distance. And all you get is a creepy covenant for your troubles :pac:

Which aura, the 'disguise' grey phantom or the yellow phantom?

Both? I though it's something to do with dropping stuff in to nest? I dropped,the gift item and did not got aura, though I found same item in game itself too.

I think it can be random what you get.

Requirement to join Blue Sentinels?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Finally getting another chance to play .

Pissed off a little with decreasing health bar, stuck on last giant and he can one shot me now. But dont wanna waste an ephigagy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

it's an optional boss either way. Just run through it and just as you get to the door jump to the ledges at the end if the Bridge and those guys following you will leash back and die from falling as they do...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

noodler wrote: »
    Finally getting another chance to play .

Pissed off a little with decreasing health bar, stuck on last giant and he can one shot me now. But dont wanna waste an ephigagy.

Use the effigy and summon pate right outside the boss door. There is also a ring that is easy to get from the start that reduces your lost hp as holow by half so you will have 75% instead of 50%

Right I'm just after beating Freja...
    What is the blue/purple thing glowing in the ground after?

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Use the effigy and summon pate right outside the boss door. There is also a ring that us easy to get from the start that reduces your lost ho as holow by half so you will have 75% instead of 50%

Thanks to that ring I am stock Pilling effigies. I got like 20 now lol. When I play a brand new spanking character I will just suicide run to that ring.

Advertisement