Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Stuck now, where to after black gulch think i've been everywhere else :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I started a Sorcerer build last night. So far it's great fun, if a little easy. Obviously, i pay for any mistake i make, but if you play it carefully you'll be grand. I've still only got one spell, so looking forward to getting a few more, and trying out the hexes.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm struggling with him for the simple reason that I'm trying to keep the NPC alive so I can move them on to get their gear later, has to be purposely weak for that reason I'd say, really added to my woes in Iron Keep she did. So much so I had to buy the red eye ring for those 2 fights

Which NPC was there? Lucietel? I stayed hollow because of the online being knackered and only have 5 effigies left. Really think they dropped the ball making effigies so rare.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Which NPC was there? Lucietel? I stayed hollow because of the online being knackered and only have 5 effigies left. Really think they dropped the ball making effigies so rare.

Thats her, she's not easy to find there and no help beating the boss I have No Mans wharf already at +1 trying to keep her alive for the fight as she died the first time, and am left with the choice now of either +1 Iron Keep or bring No Mans to +2 to meet the criteria of getting her through 3 boss fights , no mans seems like the no brainer but it will be +3 then in NG+

The other wiser option would be to actually wait until NG+ and just do the No mans boss with her again there as the number of fights with her carry over ..... I think :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

sheehy83 wrote: »
    How did you get to those areas? The smelter demon is not fun at all and looking to try another area first.

Also I found a dull ember, is that the one duff man is looking for? I have a lot of stones for weapons, mad to make a lightning one.

The former you get to by
    venturing down the hole in Majula.
    You can either
    use the fall protection ring or find the Irish lad to lower the ladder for you.

The latter opens up when you
    depetrify a certain someone near Majula

Yeah, the dull ember is for McDuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only a few more hours before I'm home again and can finally get stuck back into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

quarryman wrote: »
    So I've started out as a bandit and have only leveled up once or twice. A few bosses killed and 16k souls burning a hole in my pocket. I think I'm at a point where I need to decide what type of character I want. I've been rocking the Firesword and a shield. But I normally go 2 handed with the sword and don't bother with the shield. I have a bow too which I rarely use other than to agro the odd gook.

Also, I have 8 points in FAI which would be a good starting point to build on that stat but have no idea what it does.

Any suggestions (for someone who isn't very good at the game nor has infinite hours to play the game the hard way) as to where i take this build?

Bump!

My character is staring at me.

Character: "What do you want me to level up in now boss?"

Me: "Don't worry dude, the lads on boards.ie are on the case..."

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Belfry gargoyles down yay. Had a laugh trolling two invaders too, was trying to summon someone to help in the belfry outside the boss fog gate when i was getting invaded, so i used the thing that makes you a different object, thought I'd be rumbled straight away but nope, it turned me into a sconce and then another lad invaded, the two of them were wandering around looking for me one left and the other one i caught off guard mwahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

16k won't go far level wise, not enough to shape a character anyway. Im on the verge of respeccing and leveling up my dex as I have some great dex Weapons but can't use them.

I went into grave of saints, got summoned as a grey spirit, good fight but he got the better if me. What was that all about?

16k won't go far level wise, not enough to shape a character anyway. Im on the verge of respeccing and leveling up my dex as I have some great dex Weapons but can't use them.

I went into grave of saints, got summoned as a grey spirit, good fight but he got the better if me. What was that all about?

Rat covenant, you get summoned but its for pvp instead of helping out, troll covenant basically

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

quarryman wrote: »
    Bump!

My character is staring at me.

Character: "What do you want me to level up in now boss?"

Me: "Don't worry dude, the lads on boards.ie are on the case..."

Faith largely governs miracles, and also stats lightning damage. It has a lot of defensive / healing powers, although from what I've seen the likes of Great Lightning Spear miracle can be pretty devastating later on as well! In hindsight, I probably should have pumped more into FAI alongside intelligence, but there's only so many souls to spend for a while :)

That's a PVP area, or in other words a trolling area :pac: Covenant members there force others to invade, and then they use a whole load of 'trick' mechanisms to try and get you.

Ah right, getting out of here so :D Where's your wan petrified near majula? Can't seem to find her.

Is someone petrified after the persuer fight as well?

I'm rightly stuck on deciding which weapons I want to make elemental. The Ugi!!!!!

Ah right, getting out of here so :D Where's your wan petrified near majula? Can't seem to find her.

Head back towards Things Betwixt. You'll see an overgrown path / arch along the way.

Head back towards Things Betwixt. You'll see an overgrown path / arch along the way.

Thanks man, my next destination.

Does anyone know where to find the crushed eye orb? Not to be confused with the cracked red eye ones, this one
    is like the one you used in anor londo in the 1st game to avenge the fire shrine lady

Where does she go after you unpetrify her? She told me she was going back to Majula but I haven't seen her since.

Had a major "ah that's bullsh1t" moment earlier, got killed by the gargoyles, on the way back I was fighting the tiny guys in the belfry, one of them fell down the hole to the floor below, I was on the stairs and he was a few steps under me and not one of my attacks would hit him. 19k souls down the drain :(

krudler wrote: »
    Where does she go after you unpetrify her? She told me she was going back to Majula but I haven't seen her since.

Had a major "ah that's bullsh1t" moment earlier, got killed by the gargoyles, on the way back I was fighting the tiny guys in the belfry, one of them fell down the hole to the floor below, I was on the stairs and he was a few steps under me and not one of my attacks would hit him. 19k souls down the drain :(

at the steps to the big pillar behind the smith

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

By the way lads, I found a fella in Wheel Chair.
    In the castle area, where you drop down in a cave with bonfire. The dude says to me that I am not dark enough. Whats the story with him?

Oh yeah, I got Hovels Armor set too. Bad asseness of full armour 11/10. Unfortunately for me, I can Wear all set, shield and Buster sword, but I have to Swap Helmet for Sinners Mask. :( So my bad asseness is dailed back to 7/10 or so. Even with that setup I am on 77% Load.
    All I do now Is Drop Points in to Vitality. I dont care, Its just so Awesome Set and the shield is just awesome too. "Excuse me, did you just hit me with something, I could swear I sow that Stamina bar move. Nah, must be my imagination! :pac:"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Does anyone know where to find the crushed eye orb? Not to be confused with the cracked red eye ones, this one
    is like the one you used in anor londo in the 1st game to avenge the fire shrine lady
    Found in the undead crypt. There is a fall to a ledge near the walk way guarded by two golden knights.

By the way lads, I found a fella in Wheel Chair.
    In the castle area, where you drop down in a cave with bonfire. The dude says to me that I am not dark enough. Whats the story with him?

You meet him again and all will become clear...

Was having some serious trouble with the Royal Rat, his AOE was just too wide for my lowly VIT and END stance.

Read a tip online that Firestorm worked well. Hadn't paid any heed to pyromancy (after being tricked into that class last game) but gave it a go anyway and updated my dark flame.

HOLY ****. Gamechanging power right there! Annihilation power.

• Advertisement

Sweet! My gran turismo 6 just came in! I will jump in to shower quick and go play some more dark souls 2!

the rat boss was annoying, I just bought loads of firebombs and chucked them constantly at the other rats to take them out in groups, once the main one arrived it wasnt so bad then

Funny enough I had no problems with. Rat boss, I did not one shoted him as I had no clue Wtf is happening, but I figured out quickly enough and killed the bastards. Busters light attack iscvery very handy in that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Wait what rat boss are we on about?

There was some battle I had but it was just against a load of rats... unless without knowing there was one bigger rat! :P

Afterwards I could join the rat king covenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

tok9 wrote: »
    Wait what rat boss are we on about?

There was some battle I had but it was just against a load of rats... unless without knowing there was one bigger rat! :P

Afterwards I could join the rat king covenant.

There are two rat bosses :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thats her, she's not easy to find there and no help beating the boss I have No Mans wharf already at +1 trying to keep her alive for the fight as she died the first time, and am left with the choice now of either +1 Iron Keep or bring No Mans to +2 to meet the criteria of getting her through 3 boss fights , no mans seems like the no brainer but it will be +3 then in NG+

The other wiser option would be to actually wait until NG+ and just do the No mans boss with her again there as the number of fights with her carry over ..... I think :confused:

I don't think she stayed alive for a single fight for me but I still got to talk to her on two separate occasions. I banjaxed Pate's questline from the off too as I didn't summon him for last giant. Will make sure to try do all his stuff in NG+.

Are they in the same area? I found the one before the covenant handy enough once I realised I had to take out one rat in particular.

I'm talking about the big rat boss :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sounds like drangleic has a rat problem :P

I'm talking about the big rat boss :pac:

I trust I'll stumble across him of my own accord a some point :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Am starting to get properly stuck in to DS2 now, have the day of work and all!:D

Have been trying to avoid the thread as everyone is miles ahead of me, am only in Forest of Fallen Giants:P Am keeping a blog of my thoughts/progress just for my own edification: http://drangleic.blogspot.ie/ Am trying to capture the going in blind feel so I can look back when I'm an embittered veteran and pat my past-self on the head!

Advertisement