Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    The worst run between bonfire and boss is in Sinners Rise...to get to the boss you have to fight through about 6 royal swordsmen/crossbowmen, three water giants, and loads of those bandage jihadis, all while trudging through water. The NPC summon nearly always dies before i get to
    the last sinner.

And then if you get killed by the boss, you have to go through it all over again while trying to protect the NPC summon....

I was able to sprint from the elevator to the boss fog without any trouble in that one, had to kill the guys at the top alright though. If you'e in heavy armour then get naked. I didn't have he NPC with me though, the one time I did she fell in the water :-/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do the rings keep you human if you die?

Yep, you just need to repair them for 3,000 souls when they break. You also get to keep your souls, which makes said repair payment a little more viable :) I have a third one that protects against death and petrification, but I haven't run into the latter (yet!) and it costs 6,000 to repair.
    Can anyone tell me what the difference between a dark and regular pyro flame is?

Apparently the dark one scales with hollowing? I just compared the stats of the two and decided to level up the dark one instead, although it seems the standard one might have benefited from my ridiculous INT level :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Oh yeah, I got Hovels Armor set too. Bad asseness of full armour 11/10.

I dont care, Its just so Awesome Set and the shield is just awesome too. "Excuse me, did you just hit me with something, I could swear I sow that Stamina bar move. Nah, must be my imagination! :pac:"

I maxed the great shield out to +5. Took 11 twinkling titanite but it was worth it. Godlike Resistances and 88 stability!

What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge Giants?
    No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that with that shield.....you won't have to.

:D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yep, you just need to repair them for 3,000 souls when they break. You also get to keep your souls, which makes said repair payment a little more viable :)

Apparently the dark one scales with hollowing? I just compared the stats of the two and decided to level up the dark one instead, although it seems the standard one might have benefited from my ridiculous INT level :(

I'm pure mele and certain pyro spells still one shot a lot of things (particularly people I invade in the belfry :D), can't imagine how powerful they'd be with INT.

Where do I get these rings? I would happily shell out 3000 souls every single time they break, don't know which ring to ditch though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I made sure to level up the stat, can't remember which one, that boosted poise. Im currently at nearly 70 poise with the poise ring and its a huge difference from the start of the game.

Did anyone respec yet? Also is the blacksteel katana worth going for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    The worst run between bonfire and boss is in Sinners Rise...to get to the boss you have to fight through about 6 royal swordsmen/crossbowmen, three water giants, and loads of those bandage jihadis, all while trudging through water. The NPC summon nearly always dies before i get to
    the last sinner.

And then if you get killed by the boss, you have to go through it all over again while trying to protect the NPC summon....

The Huntman's Copse one is a pain in the bollocks as well, once you kill the dark spirit at the gate least you can leg it past those guys lying in wait but if they catch you at all you're screwed. Not being invincible going through the fog is annoying too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Do the rings keep you human if you die?

Personally I thought the bug that makes you human after a successful co-op would have been a really good game mechanic.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between a dark and regular pyro flame is?

Yes, thats my main reason for using them oddly though they seem bugged after a few uses, in I will have my souls but I'll suddenly notice that I've been hollowed. I actually have 3 of them :D There is another one that does the same thing and
    prevents petrification
    too

sheehy83 wrote: »

Yep, though I'm not sure if it's much better than the Uchi or not, scales crazy well with dex though and has served me very well in both PvP and PvE. Get both and power stance them I say.

Is there an Uchi in the game? gotta get me that, my +5 Bastard Sword is doing me well so far but it's a bit slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I got it as far as +8 and still didn't like it. When you have the likes of the Uchi/Washing Pole, and even Scimitars and Warped Sword, it isn't that great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Where do I get these rings? I would happily shell out 3000 souls every single time they break, don't know which ring to ditch though :(

Shaded Woods and No Man's Wharf (although I had to look that up as I had no idea where I found them :pac:). Specifics here: http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Ring+of+Life+Protection

Firestorm is great for groups. I had a phantom with me earlier when I was running up to the Brightcove boss. There's a bit where you're ambushed by five small spiders. I cast Firestorm and wiped them all out in one. The phantom did a bowing animation afterwards. I was the soul of a proud solider :p

On that last note, actually, there's a really smart bit where you come across the aftermath of a battle at Brightcove camp. Each of them has a different 'soul of a... solider' on them. Nice touch :)

As for long run ups to bosses, Sinner's Rise is definitely my least favourite so far, although the Smelter Demon took a bit of time each time too.

krudler wrote: »
    Is there an Uchi in the game? gotta get me that, my +5 Bastard Sword is doing me well so far but it's a bit slow

Yep, McDuff sells it after you give him an ember which you should find handy enough in
    The Iron Keep

Uggggg my 1st big loss of the game, don't know what I was thinking 180k gone opened a door took a run at a lone enemy and got shot 5 or 6 times in the back in rapid succession , then got sloppy in my haste to retrieve them :mad:

Yep, McDuff sells it after you give him an ember which you should find handy enough in
    The Iron Keep

Yupp he actually has 3 or 4 weapons I want to buy and upgrade. Where do you get the firestorm from. I have fire wraith which dies great damage when you hit.

Yupp he actually has 3 or 4 weapons I want to buy and upgrade. Where do you get the firestorm from. I have fire wraith which dies great damage when you hit.

You buy it off
    the blood covenant guy after the chariot boss
    - you'll have to join the covenant at least temporarily to gain access to his wares, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

In Game Options there is an option for Cross-region play, mine is set to restricted.

What does this do? Could it limit the amount of people available to summon?

In Game Options there is an option for Cross-region play, mine is set to restricted.

What does this do? Could it limit the amount of people available to summon?

I haven't noticed much of a difference, but it would limit the regions you get matched with. Don't know the full ins and outs but I guess there's less potential for lag during summonings/invasions if you restrict it. I've been unrestricted most of the time though and haven't had any problems really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I would imagine so, yes. But I still left mine on restricted. I'd like my co-op partner not to lag please! :)

So just got to rank 1 of Sun Bro covenant. You get
    the Sunlight Parma, it's a shield, but it sucks :(
    Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I haven't had a boss fight that felt as epic as O&S/Kalameet/Atorias/Manus yet though, or as satisfying when I beat them.

How far are you through the game? I won't spoil anything but there are some absolutely epic fights near the end of the game that give all of the above a run for their money.

Also NG+ is the devil, that is all.

• Advertisement

Guys can someone point me in the right direction here I'm in Drangleic
    I'm basically running in a circle from the bonfire after the dragon riders the queen told me to find venrick but I can't seem to find anywhere to go on the loop around, the lower path from the fire has, a raised lift and a switch I can't interact with , and a locked door , the open door there lets me drop to a room with statues to fight but the big one doesnt light the fire like at the castle entrance, upstairs in the main hall I've killed all the goons that just brings me outside to a door I can't use or back down to the bonfire
    :confused:

Oh my goodness, pyromancy looks insane in this game.

Just got summoned for the 1st boss in Earthen Peak, now I know it's an easy boss but the dude had summoned a pyromancer as well, he more or less just used two spells and took out it's entire health bar!!

So just got to rank 1 of Sun Bro covenant. You get
    the Sunlight Parma, it's a shield, but it sucks :(
    Ah well!

I think rank 2 will give you
    Solaire's sword which scales well with both STR and DEX

Anyone know who sells miracles other then the Blue Sentinel guy and the girl you meet in Heide?

I love the lightning effect on weapons now, looks badass

Also one more thing that I am still lost on, in Earthen Peak, where you met Pate again, where do you get the key to unlock that door?

Also one more thing that I am still lost on, in Earthen Peak, where you met Pate again, where do you get the key to unlock that door?
    You open it from the other side, head up the steps, go right, then right again and you should end up on a ledge, drop down to another ledge with a chest and the door is there, no key required.

krudler wrote: »
    I love the lightning effect on weapons now, looks badass

What weapon did you apply it to? Can you apply multiple stones to a weapon? Would love to use the lightning or poison stone in my flame sword.

Just spent about 20 mins trying to show a guy in Earthen Peak to light the Windmill on fire but he just did not get it, had to suicide myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just spent about 20 mins trying to show a guy in Earthen Peak to light the Windmill on fire but he just did not get it, had to suicide myself!

Light the windmill? What? Why?

Advertisement