Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Light the windmill? What? Why?

When it happens you'll know why :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

calex71 wrote: »

I'm lazy and cleared the game already. Spoiler me please :)

I'm lazy and cleared the game already. Spoiler me please :)
    removes the poison water from the boss room

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

calex71 wrote: »

Yup. A must do if you value your sanity.

So... I almost one shoted another boss. In that dead crypt or something area. Got boss to just 3 hits away from puking it's lungs out, but when he did some magic move I decided to be cocky..
    Well cocky and dark souls do not work, I should know it by now. Annoying thing is that boss himself is piss easy, but to get to it is annoying. Not really hard, but knowing me, I will just rush or try cut corners and bang! Herpes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What weapon did you apply it to? Can you apply multiple stones to a weapon? Would love to use the lightning or poison stone in my flame sword.

Iv got a fire heide sword and +10 bastard sword with lightning. Absolutely lethal on a high str/faith build. You cant use 2 stones on one weapon though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh wow. I beat that boss without knowing on my 3rd attempt. Just didnt let her hit me and healed up the poison damage. It was like a race to kill her before I ran out of estus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I just had my first ever invasion!!! It was amazing!!!

Let me set the scene..

I'm in Huntsman Corpse for the first time. I've just come out of the cave with the Skeletons, when I got a big black message at the bottom of my screen.
    "DarkLord something something* has invaded you* or something like that..

Anyway I spot him in the corner of the room.. He's in fully black hooded armour but he's also glowing red and holding a huge Scythe. Its was like the Grim Reaper and Satan just had a child.
    Now i'm level 50* and wearing full Knight armour with a big ***** you* Shield and greatsword. He swings and hits me.. And takes away half my health!!!.
    Now I know I can't beat this guy in a straight fight, so I leg it away to gather myself :pac:

He starts looking for me but can't seem to spot me. Thats when I notice a small bridge that enters a Cave. Now this bridge is extremely narrow and not something you want to fight on.

With my gameplan set I find my little invader.. I get him to follow me to the bridge and position myself with my back to the Cave entrance. I plant my Shield down with a posture that screams "Come get me bitch".

He moves forward and swings!.. With my shield planted firm I block his attacks until I'm ready to strike. He starts to back off because it seems like he's out of stamina ..Then BOOM!! I swing knocking him back to the edge of the bridge. He know what's about to happen.. With one final swing I knock him off the bridge to a hollow end.

Thats my friends may be my best multiplayer experience yet.. :)

IT WAS ALL A LIE!!!!!!! :mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty sure I just found the dark covenant but he won't give me the option to join.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is that the one beneath
    the Gulch
    ? Couldn't join it either.

Actually, does that room link with
    Shaded Ruins? When you fall down the false floor to rescue the bird blacksmith thing and you go into a room full of corrosive acid, if you have a look at the ledge above the exit you can see an identical room with pillars and a guy sitting in a throne. Didn't seem to be able to access it, unless there's an alternate entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The 2nd bonfire in the gulch is a life saver.. absolute pain of an area to go through.

Anyone else meet the guy about the "dark" in you? Who is he?

Going to tackle the boss now.

• Advertisement

There is a 3rd encounter before you get to join, in
    drangleic castle after the 1st bonfire
    its PVE, I had a go .... souls gone :(

@ Johnny In
    Shadded Ruins there is a trap door in the grass right of the two towers to the boss you can drop through like for the door ro Orniflix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Is that the one beneath
    the Gulch
    ? Couldn't join it either.

Actually, does that room link with
    Shaded Ruins? When you fall down the false floor to rescue the bird blacksmith thing and you go into a room full of corrosive acid, if you have a look at the ledge above the exit you can see an identical room with pillars and a guy sitting in a throne. Didn't seem to be able to access it, unless there's an alternate entrance.

Yep.
    There's another hole you can fall down, it's well hidden in the grass though. He actually seems to be in a wheelchair oddly enough. He wouldn't have anything to do with me though.

Hmmm found that to be a really easy boss fight with the Rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

What's the story with the save data for this game? The hard drive I put in the PS3 is clearly a bit dodgy and causing havoc with loading times and deciding not to load enemies every so often, so I planned on taking out the hard drive and using the built in 12gb flash memory until I can put in a decent drive next week.
    Buuut, dark souls games don't seem to want to copy over to my USB stick and even though I'm only a few hours in I don't particularly fancy starting over again. Don't have PS+ so can't do the online storage. Are there any solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What's the story with the save data for this game?

Nah, it's not possible to put it onto USB, they're very strict about it. When you put it onto cloud storage, you need to wait 24 hours before you can download it, too. A few games are like that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IYeah that's the guy. I just wandered up to drangleic castle there and tried to run away once I
    realised the soldiers were constantly respawning,. but as I was dying something happened and a statues started coming to life by the door, wtf!
    To far away from last bonfire so going to give the foggy area a go first, think I shouldn't have been there anyway as the level up lady said my said my soul was too weak or something!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    IYeah that's the guy. I just wandered up to drangleic castle there and tried to run away once I
    realised the soldiers were constantly respawning,. but as I was dying something happened and a statues started coming to life by the door, wtf!
    To far away from last bonfire so going to give the foggy area a go first, think I shouldn't have been there anyway as the level up lady said my said my soul was too weak or something!

You need to kill enemies near those statues. It will power them up m8.

tok9 wrote: »
    Hmmm found that to be a really easy boss fight with the Rotten.

Its very easy boss indeed, but Design wise it looked freaking awesome. Its a shame it was a push over. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

krudler wrote: »
    The Huntman's Copse one is a pain in the bollocks as well, once you kill the dark spirit at the gate least you can leg it past those guys lying in wait but if they catch you at all you're screwed. Not being invincible going through the fog is annoying too.

Does that dark spirit respawn or does he die for good when you kill him? It took me AGES to kill him. I trapped him on the bridge and he kept turning around to walk away...so I shot him with arrows till he died.

Even then, the run to the
    executioners chariot
    is a nightmare as it is...that area is full of annoying enemies that just slow you down as you run to the fog door...

Seem to be a small bit lost regarding where to go.

Going to check out Harvest Valley since I didn't explore there at all but something tells me I'm just going to get poisoned a lot.

Can't think of anywhere else though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Seem to be a small bit lost regarding where to go.

Going to check out Harvest Valley since I didn't explore there at all but something tells me I'm just going to get poisoned a lot.

Can't think of anywhere else though.

Harvest Valley is actually a very small area and leads on to
    Earthen Peak.

Harvest Valley is actually a very small area and leads on to
    Earthen Peak.

I have to say they really like poison in DS2 :mad:.

Decided to take a diffferent route and went for Pharros instead since I had a few lockstones.. turned out I missed a ladder... think I found that rat ye were on about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone made a ranged build yet, doing uber damage with bows?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was ridiculous the ladder guy was charging around the same as the cat ring. Got the ring instead as I'm sure it will come in handy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

think I found that rat ye were on about :P

Hard to miss him when you do stumble across him!!!

The poison areas aren't actually too bad - only gulch is a bit of a pain due to the insane angles some of those dart statues are pointing, but at least it's a brief area. I think iamanengine gave a good tip earlier that life gems can be an effective way of battling poison health loss if you're out of moss. A good way to get rid of some of the dozens of the damn things I had amassed!

Kinda feel part killing the white knight characters you bump into around the place. They're just chilling there, minding their business when boom, soul spear to the face.
    Mr Blobby wrote:
    That my friends may be my best multiplayer experience yet..

I hate to tell you this but... that's actually an AI encounter :P

Oh lord.. the main boss doesn't seem the worst.. but those damn 4 little ones are an absolute pain.. keep getting infected with toxic

Yeah it's the combo of the four little ones and the biggie that makes that one difficult. An wide area spell is incredibly handy to get rid of the little ones quickly. The great thing about Firestorm is that it will probably do quite a bit of damage to the Royal Rat as well in the process.

Shrine of Amara so glad I upgraded my bow and got in a fresh batch of poison arrows specially, man I love poison arrows, you don't even have to be dexterous for those to work :pac:

That singing gets very annoying very quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Oh lord.. the main boss doesn't seem the worst.. but those damn 4 little ones are an absolute pain.. keep getting infected with toxic

If you rush the little one and try and take out 3 of them if no 4, the main boss will always leap to the far side of the room which will give you a small chance to heal.

Still haven't managed to beat it myself mind you!

Advertisement