Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya decided to leave him... just couldn't manage to get rid of the little ones.. finally got it down to 1 and did something outrageously stupid so now I'm in harvest valley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

It's crazy the difference a 2nd playthrough can make.

I have 30 hours more on my 1st playthrough then my current one and on the same soul level!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Another 15 pages thread reading to catch up on today.

Finally making progress with my sorcerer.
    Not getting much time to play, dribs and drabs. Heides Castle, hammering souls arrows everywhere.

Following Johnny Ultimate as he is doing quite well with his sorcerer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

It's crazy the difference a 2nd playthrough can make.

I have 30 hours more on my 1st playthrough then my current one and on the same soul level!

Yes, but just like sex, the first time is always the best :)

Wait....

So just made it to Rank 2 of Sun Bro Covenant.

Reward -
    Got the Sun Sword, not great though. 87 base damage un-upgraded, scales B with STR and DEX.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Getting really sick of having to quit the game everytime a summon or invasion fails to connect.

Another easy boss..beat Covetus there..

Also praise the sun.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Getting really sick of having to quit the game everytime a summon or invasion fails to connect.

Seriously needs to be patched.

Finally bested the Smeltor Demon! Praise the Sun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh dear I just got to Undead Crypt , like to get the lay of the land and some risk free souls in new areas so always throw my sign down,
    got summoned and oh it's quite dark here so used a butterfly jar to light my torch next thing my partner is being attacked by an ememy I can only see a silhouette of and is spamming the enemy with loads of miracles and pyros must have had a tonne hof health:confused: It was only later when I was human I realised that it was NPC a little further in who gives you a warning about torches and light , little late for the warning if he attacks before you can get to him to hear it :D

Edit: Now I feel sorry for that guy who summoned me, as that NPC sold
    13 effigies
    :eek:

Quick question here since the wiki is so ****e atm. (This place is almost like mIRC for DS2 at the rate posts are made).

I want to start using miracles. I have a chime and a miracle bought. Do I need to increase my ATN until I have a slot to allow me to use it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

quarryman wrote: »
    Quick question here since the wiki is so ****e atm. (This place is almost like mIRC for DS2 at the rate posts are made).

I want to start using miracles. I have a chime and a miracle bought. Do I need to increase my ATN until I have a slot to allow me to use it?

Ya you need to have attunement of 10 for a slot. You can get a ring that gives you an attunement slot even if your stats are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

What's it like playing a magic based build in this? Was only a little bit into the game but need to start again and kinda tempted to do something different. Played a dex build in DS1, never really went with magic other than pyro in that.

You need 10 ATN min to get 1 slot, then you get a slot every 3 points until 19, then it is every 4 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

What's it like playing a magic based build in this? Was only a little bit into the game but need to start again and kinda tempted to do something different. Played a dex build in DS1, never really went with magic other than pyro in that.

Its pretty powerful. Flame swathe and lightning spear are absolutely lethal iv even 1 shotted a few invaders

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Easy to overlook attunement, I know I did for the first few hours :(

I've gotten to six slots, and will probably settle on one more. Any more than that and it becomes a bit of a chore cycling through the spells on the fly.

Think I mentioned this earlier but was reminded about it now, DO NOT USE THE SOUL OF THE GAINTS sorry for caps :o even though it says they are only good for gaining souls, trust me keep them !!!!!!!!!
    If you have none in your inventory a certain boss will have x32 x16 x8 x4 or 2 his normal defence depending on how many you have

calex71 wrote: »
    Think I mentioned this earlier but was reminded about it now, DO NOT USE THE SOUL OF THE GAINTS sorry for caps :o even though it says they are only good for gaining souls, trust me keep them !!!!!!!!!
    If you have none in your inventory a certain boss will have x32 x16 x8 x4 or 2 his normal defence depending on how many you have

Crap!
    I sold a tonne! Which ones do you need to have??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Crap!
    I sold a tonne! Which ones do you need to have??

Just the ones you get from
    the dream trees
    and the
    giants under Black Gulch

Soul of Giants or something they are called. The first boss soul doesn't count

The hidden bonfire in Earthen Peak right above the boss is extremely handy.. Have tried the boss in co op twice. Both times the host died..

Looks like a tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Had some lovely pizza, few cans and decided to go and beat that boss. First try, he only scratched me once. Velstadt is a Pussy! :pac:

• Advertisement

Well this queen is a tough one anyway. I'll give it one or two more tries and then off to check out infamous I think

Edit: May be imagining but I think her health regenerates too! That's me done for now :P

tok9 wrote: »
    Well this queen is a tough one anyway. I'll give it one or two more tries and then off to check out infamous I think

Is that the Earthen Peak boss? Boss spoiler
    have you burned the windmill to remove the poison?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tok9 wrote: »
    The hidden bonfire in Earthen Peak right above the boss is extremely handy.. Have tried the boss in co op twice. Both times the host died..

Looks like a tough one.

Did you light the
    windmill?
    A lot easier if you did.

I still think the lose-max-health-when-you-die idea is retarded.

I'm chewing through effigies here and since they aren't replenishable I'll have half health and no way to become human...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

quarryman wrote: »
    I still think the lose-max-health-when-you-die idea is retarded.

I'm chewing through effigies here and since they aren't replenishable I'll have half health and no way to become human...

Get the binding ring. Consider your hollow health to be you max health and just deal with it

The Binding Ring is the one ring I would say is 100% essential to have really.

The Binding Ring is the one ring I would say is 100% essential to have really.

Ring of Life protection, I'll never be hollow again (unless I get cursed).

edit: I found that rat boss :(

Get the binding ring. Consider your hollow health to be you max health and just deal with it

YOU DEAL WITH IT!

I have no idea what I mean by that.

Stupid addictive Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd say he looks more dog-like tbh.

• Advertisement

Get back to me when you suddenly notice you are hollow but with souls still, I think thats a bug from either juggling two of them or repairing and not swapping between them afterwards with one equipped while repairing or something.

It's happened me I'd say 1 in 8-10 deaths with the rings, I'd notice no summoning signs where I'd expect to see them and I'd check and I 'd be hollow.

Edit: Must be my armor but the curse bar fills for me but does nothing to me :D

Advertisement