Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

calex71 wrote: »
    Get back to me when you suddenly notice you are hollow but with souls still, I think thats a bug from either juggling two of them or repairing and not swapping between them afterwards with one equipped while repairing or something.

It's happened me I'd say 1 in 8-10 deaths with the rings, I'd notice no summoning signs where I'd expect to see them and I'd check and I 'd be hollow.

Edit: Must be my armor but the curse bar fills for me but does nothing to me :D

Cursing seems bugged to me, whenever I get cursed the bar just automatically depletes and nothing happens to me :confused: Not that I'm complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

This really is a phenomenal game.

GOTY material already for me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cursing seems bugged to me, whenever I get cursed the bar just automatically depletes and nothing happens to me :confused: Not that I'm complaining!

Pretty sure it hollows you and your heath bar shrinks each time you're cursed. Nothing compared to what it would do to you in the last game!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Pretty sure it hollows you and your heath bar shrinks each time you're cursed. Nothing compared to what it would do to you in the last game!

Yup, in ds1 getting cursed sucked balls. Those assholy big eyed lizards were thermostat scariest enemies in game!!!

So I one shoted another boss. I think I am in the last area now. For some reason all of the areas showed uo for me, it's just all of them were marked as "???". I could see how many bonfires each area has.

I think I am going to call it a day and finish it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I hate to tell you this but... that's actually an AI encounter :P

Please tell me he's lying.. My whole life may be a lie if he isn't :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Please tell me he's lying.. My whole life may be a lie if he isn't :(

I dont have the heart! Im sorry, IM SORRY!

Hmm, so the guy
    you meet under the Gulch, the dark guy, I fell down the hole in Shaded Woods where Ornifex (bird type thing) is trapped, now I can see him up a bit but can't seem to get to him, ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm, so the guy
    you meet under the Gulch, the dark guy, I fell down the hole in Shaded Woods where Ornifex (bird type thing) is trapped, now I can see him up a bit but can't seem to get to him, ideas?

We were discussing this earlier :) There is apparently
    a hole near the path to the fog gate that will let you access him.

We were discussing this earlier :) There is apparently a hole near the path to the fog gate that will let you access him.

Ah I see, I only found him in Black Gulch 15mins ago so probably didn't realise what ye were on about, my bad :P

So for some reason my PS3 won't log into PSN so caling it a night.

1st Playthrough - Pure Dex Build, Lvl 112, 46hours 12mins, just at Drangliec Castle.

2nd Playthrough - Fai/Str Build, Lvl 117, 20 hours, have the Rotten left to kill and then will be at Drangleic castle.

Mental how quickly you can fly through it! Also only need 4 more Sunlight Medals to get Rank 3 in Sun Bro Covenant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you light the
    windmill?
    A lot easier if you did.

Nope... I'll look into that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

We were discussing this earlier :) There is apparently
    a hole near the path to the fog gate that will let you access him.

Any idea where to find him a 2nd time? Seems to have moved on fairly quickly for a man in a wheelchair trapped on a ledge

Any idea where to find him a 2nd time? Seems to have moved on fairly quickly for a man in a wheelchair trapped on a ledge
    Black Gulch, that area before the boss in Shaded Woods, and in Drangleic Castle
    :)

I dont have the heart! Im sorry, IM SORRY!

But...but it said I was being invaded!!
    He even lost me and started searching!

I need a drink.. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's a few spots in the game where you get invaded by AI red phantoms, and a few more bits where they're waiting to ambush you. You can usually tell as there's warning messages before they spawn, and they don't have 'gamertaggy' names like most standard phantoms do!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There's a few spots in the game where you get invaded by AI red phantoms, and a few more bits where they're waiting to ambush you. You can usually tell as there's warning messages before they spawn, and they don't have 'gamertaggy' names like most standard phantoms do!

Yeah. You are pretty unlikely to mistake a guy with the name of "xXx**tehK1llz0r**xXx" for an AI phantom. People are ridiculous with their gamertag names. :p

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeah. You are pretty unlikely to mistake a guy with the name of "xXx**tehK1llz0r**xXx" for an AI phantom. People are ridiculous with their gamertag names. :p

tumblr_mrdy178jeZ1rlfsw2o1_250.gif :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Summoned two people to take on the
    three sentinels
    epic fight, bravo to anyone who beat it solo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ShaneU wrote: »
    three sentinels

Had to beat it solo, for some reason I found it harder Harder with the ai mage and I never saw a another player. Lept off my couch when I won that one. !

Just at door of pharros and got my gyrm shield, upped it to +2 and it's beastly!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mallory Rancid Sunset

three sentinels
    its pretty easy with a great shield and flame swathe both are massively op just fight the first guy on the ledge at the start then jump down double flame swathe another guy and its easy pickings from there

iv found the bosses to be way easier than the last one in this than the first most are easily beaten by
    having a 100% shield and keeping close and running clockwise around them until they miss an attack then rinse and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ok so I'm taking an extended break until the PC release. I don't have the head or heart to push through NG+ right now, it's very draining but they have made some fantastic changes to it which keeps things fresh. However I have some friends waiting on the PC release so I'll hold off on making a pvp character for now.

So reflection time; The game is a masterpiece. It just kept on giving and getting better right through until the end. I kept expecting it to finish but it kept pushing me further and further. Loved that aspect! Much bigger and longer game than the original.

Initially thought the game was a lot easier than DS1 but the last act really steps it up a notch or three which was great. The game gets better as it nears its end also which imo is the opposite to DS1 and that's a good thing. I initially thought Drangleic wasn't up there with the beauty and design of Lordran but they definitely kept the best until last.
    The Dragon Aerie and Shrine are amazing
    . Again bosses got progressively better as the game went on, finishing with some absolute whoppers like
    The Ancient Dragon

After checking the wiki it seems I may have missed a decent amount of content too with the optional
    Dark Covenant and the Memories
    so if you want to make sure you get everything done on your first playthrough check the wiki before starting into NG+.

So it's 3 out of 3 for From with the series and I can't wait to see how the lore gets fleshed out more and more and what the community decides to do with the pvp scene.

TL;DR 10/10 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

its pretty easy with a great shield and flame swathe both are massively op just fight the first guy on the ledge at the start then jump down double flame swathe another guy and its easy pickings from there

iv found the bosses to be way easier than the last one in this than the first most are easily beaten by
    having a 100% shield and keeping close and running clockwise around them until they miss an attack then rinse and repeat

How did you get
    flame swathe
    before that fight? Just googled it and neither seem possible yet for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Seems to be a glitch in my game all the bonfires are showing up. I cant travel to ones i havent been at but its a slight spoiler for the rest of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not a glitch. :)

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    But...but it said I was being invaded!!
    He even lost me and started searching!

I need a drink.. :(

Honestly I don't know if it was AI or not, I was just going with the flow. I know there is an AI invasion on the ledge walkway leading to the skeleton lords. If that's the area they invaded then it may have been AI.

What weapons are people using? My +4 flamesword is starting to look weak in the doors of pharros so I made a +5 bastard sword. Great power but I really don't like great swords. Gonna just pump up my dex now, but late in the game but hopefully a few bosses will help. Might use boss souls as well.

Anyone recommend a good boss weapon or a boss soul I should hold onto?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mallory Rancid Sunset

How did you get
    flame swathe
    before that fight? Just googled it and neither seem possible yet for me.

Maby I didn't get it untill after so either way I got hammered twice then got a great shield and beat them pretty easy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What weapons are people using? My +4 flamesword is starting to look weak in the doors of pharros so I made a +5 bastard sword. Great power but I really don't like great swords. Gonna just pump up my dex now, but late in the game but hopefully a few bosses will help. Might use boss souls as well.

Whats your current build? INT, FTH, STR or DEX? There are also 3 kinds of physical damage types, Strike, Slash and Thrust. So maybe the enemies your facing are somewhat resistant to the Slash/Fire damage of your Flamesword. Pretty sure the Grym (Dwarf type) enemies of Doors of Pharros are somewhat fire resistant. Plus i think the fire portion of that sword scales with INT and FTH, so if your not leveling either of those i can see why your damage would be lacking

Ah im going the str route but mostly to use the great shield. Im waiting to get a fire or lightning stone but not sure what weapon to use. Anyone I like needs high dex.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am still using my Greatsword ( Buster Sword +10 ) its 400 Damage and I cant find anything to replace it with. I am now in the last area and before that I was pretty much 1-4 shoting enemies. For such a huge bastard of the sword you really get a lot of mobility. Light attack is sweep so it is fantastic when you got more then one enemy. The heavy attack is a slap and then backwards slap and slap again. First attack is great when you need some range, but if you are close to someone you can do stupid damage with that 3 slap technique.

By the way lads, The gear that uses Twinkling Titanite can only be upgraded to +5 max? What about Soul weapons? +5 only too?

the other thing, I am pure melee bastard, but I am still buying most of the spells like a horder for respecs in ng+ games. I am being stupid and wasting my Souls?

• Advertisement

I am still using my Greatsword ( Buster Sword +10 ) its 400 Damage and I cant find anything to replace it with. I am now in the last area and before that I was pretty much 1-4 shoting enemies. For such a huge bastard of the sword you really get a lot of mobility. Light attack is sweep so it is fantastic when you got more then one enemy. The heavy attack is a slap and then backwards slap and slap again. First attack is great when you need some range, but if you are close to someone you can do stupid damage with that 3 slap technique.

By the way lads, The gear that uses Twinkling Titanite can only be upgraded to +5 max? What about Soul weapons? +5 only too?

the other thing, I am pure melee bastard, but I am still buying most of the spells like a horder for respecs in ng+ games. I am being stupid and wasting my Souls?

Not a waste if you think you may respec and use them at some stage. I'd rather make a new character than respec to be honest. I didn't buy any Faith or Pyro spells on my first character and only a handful of Sorceries. Plus alot of the spells you can buy can be found throughout the game.

Yeah Boss Soul weapons are +5
    Ah im going the str route but mostly to use the great shield. Im waiting to get a fire or lightning stone but not sure what weapon to use. Anyone I like needs high dex.

Maybe try the Giant Club, it seems to be pretty good, but it plays very much like ultra greatswords which you said you didn't like. Alot of the strength weapons are big, slow and hard hitting, If that isn't your thing then just respec to Dex. Or maybe a polearm. Most of them seem to require equal parts STR and DEX and they have a very different moveset from all the other weapons in the game...

Advertisement