Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Not a waste if you think you may respec and use them at some stage. I'd rather make a new character than respec to be honest. I didn't buy any Faith or Pyro spells on my first character and only a handful of Sorceries. Plus alot of the spells you can buy can be found throughout the game.

Yeah Boss Soul weapons are +5

Soul weapons only +5 too? I am not an expert, but doesn't that make them a bit rubbish? I know they scale better but most of common weapons will be better at +10. The ones from bird vendor might be different as they got special attacks. I am really interested in butchers knife.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Soul weapons only +5 too? I am not an expert, but doesn't that make them a bit rubbish? I know they scale better but most of common weapons will be better at +10. The ones from bird vendor might be different as they got special attacks. I am really interested in butchers knife.

Twinkling titanite gear and boss soul weapons could only go to +5 in DS1 too. I think they scale a bit differently to regular weapons.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Twinkling titanite gear and boss soul weapons could only go to +5 in DS1 too. I think they scale a bit differently to regular weapons.

Maybe it is, but a bit disappointing. Dont know what I will replace my Buster sword with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

On to the Smelter Demon now...

Wasted a lot of time dying and just circling around that second belfry area. Bloody dark souls trolling me.

In the Iron Keep, there were a few dragon signs on the floor. Every time I summoned them it would say they were invading only to fail due to an eye disappearing?

Edit: Btw, thanks for the tip on the Queen boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

They do seem to be lackluster and alot of people on Reddit and Gamefaqs seem to think the same. But their base stats increase more than standard weapons with each upgrade.
    Maybe it is, but a bit disappointing. Dont know what I will replace my Buster sword with now.

Don't replace it :P I played through the whole game with a standard Rapier as my main weapon. Blacksteel Katana for multiple enemy clearing and Warped Sword (Boss Soul) for when i needed the poise damage the Rapier didn't have. That being said the Buster Sword does seem OP :D Try out a greatclub or Axe, or some of the Boss Soul Ultra Greatswords. They are gonna start out crap cause your Buster is +10 but just upgrade them if you like the feel of the moveset

• Advertisement

They do seem to be lackluster and alot of people on Reddit and Gamefaqs seem to think the same. But their base stats increase more than standard weapons with each upgrade.

I counted that in too. Even with that, they are still worse then just normal weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I counted that in too. Even with that, they are still worse then just normal weapons.

I'm looking at my Drangleic greatsword now and thinking I wasted the titanite in not using it on the blackknight greatsword instead :(

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm looking at my Drangleic greatsword now and thinking I wasted the titanite in not using it on the blackknight greatsword instead :(

So far, the only one set that actually benefits of twinkling titanite and is better ( sort off if you count in the wasted vitality points) is hovels armour set. That's where all my stones go so far. I got about 18 more of them now and o was planing on bombing one of the rare weapons, but +5 is just meh. The ability to change stats on actual normal weapons and adding them fire or electricity etc makes all special and boss weapons look really meh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Love the ridiculous delayed splashing effect when you kill the guards outside the castle. It looks like they've fallen into the sea from a great height rather than into slightly wet ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

In no mans wharf what is that wheel and pulley beside the magic seller near the ship? I'm looking for a shortcut to get me back to the boss from the bonfire.

• Advertisement

Looks like I am on Last boss.
    The Throne room place.I have a feeling its few bosses in one place. I just tried twice and it was not too hard, I died due to stupidity again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Finally maxed out the sun bro covenant and it was well worth it for anyone with a high faith build. Also mastered the guard break and its very overpowered but destroys any invaders who tend to keep their shield raised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Looks like I am on Last boss.
    The Throne room place.I have a feeling its few bosses in one place. I just tried twice and it was not too hard, I died due to stupidity again.
    The Throne Defender/Watcher are immediately followed by the last boss if you have a certain item you got from a giant's memories.

Important to anyone who gets them; do NOT use the giant's soul for souls if you get one. Despite the item description, it serves a second purpose...

**** sake... finally use my effigy to tackle the smelter boss. he's hits me early in the fight and I'm stuck in the wall.. can't move :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

What's the verdict on Adaptability? Any use or another Resistance?

Finding I'm very slow to block, thought it might be worth a try!

Well beat the Smelter demon on the next try so all good and about to tackle the world boss.

On the Smelter Demon, thought it was a good fight although I thought there were a few times when the hit detection was a little off.

I think Adaptability is pretty important for exactly what you mentioned.

Just got my Halbred to +10 now too.

So i am not having much luck on last boss... Decided to go and try out being a sun Bro. To be honest I don't know how it works.

So I can leave more then one sigh in area?
    are there level restrictions on who can summon me? I am very high level leaving signs in bastille right now.
    Can I be hallowed for this?
    Do I need to wear Bro ring?
    How do I know that I get summoned and do I need to do anything for it?
    Do I have to stay next to a sign?

I'm in the Sun Covenant, you have to wear the Sun seal. Leave your sign and that's it I think.

You get a sunlight medal after winning.

Just beat the world boss.. no where near as tough as the Smeltor.

Could someone explain to me how does one become human after being summoned?

Sometimes I'm human after and other times I'm still hollow. This happens if I win or lose so I've no idea how it works.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm in the Sun Covenant, you have to wear the Sun seal. Leave your sign and that's it I think.

You get a sunlight medal after winning.

Just beat the world boss.. no where near as tough as the Smeltor.

Well I left mark next to Sinners Rise bonfire. Got ring up. Waiting... Looks like as soon as I go to bonfire and nextcare, my sign disappears? It would be cool of you could leave sign and go your jolly way while waiting for a summon.

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »

It only makes you drink estus faster and i think your rolling is slightly quicker. So far i havent found adapdability as useful as other stats i used a soul vessel to respec my adapdability, could be good for high dex characters though

It only makes you drink estus faster and i think your rolling is slightly quicker. So far i havent found adapdability as useful as other stats i used a soul vessel to respec my adapdability, could be good for high dex characters though

It's for shield too. How quickly you raise it. It definitely feels better after you pump few points in to it.

By the way, I just killed last boss, but cheesy way. :( got 2 mages summoned. I took all agro on me so they could go nuts.

Oh yeah, I am puzzled to **** about ending...

penev10 wrote: »

I found a benefit in raising ADP to about 20 - my general actions feel faster, in particular, using estus.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I found a benefit in raising ADP to about 20 - my general actions feel faster, in particular, using estus.

Yeah I think thats down to the Agility stat, apparently Attunement raises it too.

So had my first Bro experience. Was fun. I am helping out people in a crypt. What happens if I die in somebodies world? Do I lose souls?

Any got spots for being a Bro? I had 2 summons here already, but on second one master was,fighting invisible stuff and connection dropped or something.

So had my first Bro experience. Was fun. I am helping out people in a crypt. What happens if I die in somebodies world? Do I lose souls?

Any got spots for being a Bro? I had 2 summons here already, but on second one master was,fighting invisible stuff and connection dropped or something.

Did someone have a torch lit???

If you are summoned into another world you don't lose humanity/souls as far as I know, which means it's a good way to practice a boss if you're having problems. I got to the top rank on Sunlight easy enough, you can fight a boss with others even if you have it beaten yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

tok9 wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me how does one become human after being summoned?

Sometimes I'm human after and other times I'm still hollow. This happens if I win or lose so I've no idea how it works.

I think that might be a bug?

Ok came across the biggest reason so far why not to play as pure melee,
    the guardian dragon
    boss, I couldn't get near it , every time id sprint up and have enough stamina left for one swing it and would take off before the blow struck, I mean I wasn't dying I was evading its attacks I just couldn't hit it :mad:

Summoned a caster and he took it out with 2 or 3 dark magic spells , fight over.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Ok came across the biggest reason so far why not to play as pure melee,
    the guardian dragon
    boss, I couldn't get near it , every time id sprint up and have enough stamina left for one swing it and would take off before the blow struck, I mean I wasn't dying I was evading its attacks I just couldn't hit it :mad:

Summoned a caster and he took it out with 2 or 3 dark magic spells , fight over.

Id say thats why you get so many soul vessels, its worth using them to respec for 1 or 2 bosses

Advertisement