Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

calex71 wrote: »
    Ok came across the biggest reason so far why not to play as pure melee,
    the guardian dragon
    boss, I couldn't get near it , every time id sprint up and have enough stamina left for one swing it and would take off before the blow struck, I mean I wasn't dying I was evading its attacks I just couldn't hit it :mad:

Summoned a caster and he took it out with 2 or 3 dark magic spells , fight over.
    I did that boss as pure melee no problem, just need to
    Stay around his legs and use a shield with good fire resistance, Gyrm Shield is probably the best choice here. It's very much doable, just need to be patient and not dash too much. Also use the Cloranthy ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I've been using the Dragonrider Bow for my ranged attacks, it scales with Strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I did that boss as pure melee no problem, just need to
    Stay around his legs and use a shield with good fire resistance, Gyrm Shield is probably the best choice here. It's very much doable, just need to be patient and not dash too much. Also use the Cloranthy ring.

Had all that equipped and light on the feet just every time I got close either running or shield up she took off on me :D

Had all that equipped and light on the feet just every time I got close either running or shield up she took off on me :D
    When that happens you need to figure out what direction to run, best to get to the opposite corner asap as you'll take less damage. Don't lock on too much or you won't get the speed you need to get away. I got it on my second try wearing Drangleic armour and a Spirit Tree Shield. You can also do a tail cut too, to minimise damage taken from tail attacks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Shrine of Amana - that's the one part of the game so far I'd call cheap instead of challenging. Those goddamn sorcerers and their homing soul arrows! Made it through eventually, but **** that place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

penev10 wrote: »
    What's the verdict on Adaptability? Any use or another Resistance?

Finding I'm very slow to block, thought it might be worth a try!

ADP increases agility which gives your roll slightly extended iframes and helps with shield raising and using items.
    Ok came across the biggest reason so far why not to play as pure melee,
    the guardian dragon
    boss, I couldn't get near it , every time id sprint up and have enough stamina left for one swing it and would take off before the blow struck, I mean I wasn't dying I was evading its attacks I just couldn't hit it :mad:

Summoned a caster and he took it out with 2 or 3 dark magic spells , fight over.

That boss is actually easiest as melee. Stick right under his feet at all times and you only have to worry about his stomp. You do need to stay directly under him when he flies though which is the tricky part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The Shrine of Amana - that's the one part of the game so far I'd call cheap instead of challenging. Those goddamn sorcerers and their homing soul arrows! Made it through eventually, but **** that place.

I actually liked it as most areas in the souls series can be run through without any issues if you know the area and spawns but Amana is purposely set out so you can't do that. I find myself just sprinting through most areas if I've cleared and checked them already and have died at the boss which is not really intended.

Amana is beautiful but the homing soul spear mages are top-tier trolling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

When there's more than two of them, it's just hell. I found strong magic shield a godsend to get past them.

The area right before the boss gate is the worst (although the area before the third bonfire is just as unpleasant, plus a longer path to it) -
    three mages, a load of hidden mutant frogs to **** with your lock on, and to top it all off go past a certain trigger point and you spawn a sorcerer red phantom
    :pac: All in waist deep water.

Beautiful scenery indeed, though. A plentiful display of visual highlights in the late game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Amana is beautiful but the homing soul spear mages are top-tier trolling.

Its worse than the archers in anor londo. I got invaded last night just after the last bonfire it was stressful and somehow amazing at the same time trying to dodge homing spears and another prick throwing lighting spears and flame swathe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I don't know how the summoning works range wise, as in if it goes by level or points or whatever, but I find the Smeltor Demon boss to be a huge hotspot for getting summoned and I'm on level 120 at the moment.

It's a pretty easy boss once your this high of a level too as long as you keep him away from the host.

Having serious problems getting summoned at the moment though it keeps failing and I only need 3 more Sunlight Medals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Can someone explain how the equip percentage works. Do I need to keep it below 70% or 55%?

I play a character that rolls instead of using a shield. Does the rolling speed continue to improve the lower the equip percentage?

quarryman wrote: »
    Can someone explain how the equip percentage works. Do I need to keep it below 70% or 55%?

I play a character that rolls instead of using a shield. Does the rolling speed continue to improve the lower the equip percentage?

From 0-70% it's a gradual difference, it's hard to notice but there is a difference.

Then from 70.1 onwards you get the fat roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I don't know how the summoning works range wise, as in if it goes by level or points or whatever, but I find the Smeltor Demon boss to be a huge hotspot for getting summoned and I'm on level 120 at the moment.

It's a pretty easy boss once your this high of a level too as long as you keep him away from the host.

Having serious problems getting summoned at the moment though it keeps failing and I only need 3 more Sunlight Medals :(

Try drangleic castle, i got about 20 sunlight medals in a few hours last night there. Or if your really stuck
    the giants near the sun bro covenant drop sunlight medals, fairly rare though i only got 1 farming them

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you see any sunbro signs try summon one, you'll get a medal for beating a boss with them in your own game too. I'm not even in the covenant and I have 5 medals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I returned from being summoned in human form, how did that happen? We didn't beat the boss or anything.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah balls!!! I looked up pates locations as I wanted to finish his story but he's missing. I met him at the start and cleared that room. Then I met him at earthen peak and opened that door. I met the other guy and opened his cell abs then again in the woods. I'm now at the house where I am spose to find them but no sign of them. Sickened I wonder if it's because he died when I summoned against the last giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

1 x Dark Souls II Collectors Edition Guide delivered !

Looks meaty !

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I returned from being summoned in human form, how did that happen? We didn't beat the boss or anything.:confused:

its a bug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    1 x Dark Souls II Collectors Edition Guide delivered !

Looks meaty !

What did it cost delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I'm just after losing 420,000 souls.

I won't be playing dark souls II for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Mickeroo wrote: »
    its a bug.

Can it be replicated or is it random?

Anyone know where a young hollow might find a good disc chime? Best I have blocks 80 physical :(

Can it be replicated or is it random?

It seems random to me, happened three or 4 times in a row the other night, then all of a sudden it stopped.

I'm just after losing 420,000 souls.

I won't be playing dark souls II for awhile.

...wow. Unlucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

What did it cost delivered?

From Amazon UK to my Parcel Motel €23, not too bad, pre-ordered back in December, will do an unassisted run first then Do a NG+ with the guide to cover everything I might have missed :-)

Seems Iron Keep has turned into a bit of a PvP hot spot. Red and silver summon signs all over the bridge on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mallory Rancid Sunset

Just made my first elemental weapon it's poison but it seems to rarely poison anything anyone know about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How do I use the flame butterfly? It won't let me

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    How do I use the flame butterfly? It won't let me

Just go into your inventory and hit use, it just lights up a torch without being at a bonfire.

Advertisement