Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    Wait,
    The guy in the map room pretty much said creighton was the bad one did he not and it was mentioned else where too, Pate was good one from what the game told me , though I still think i should have killed him there in the fight.
    I thought it was unclear even with those dialogues, when Pate tried to off me after saving him I figured I must have made the wrong choice, I'll see on Ng+ I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wait,
    The guy in the map room pretty much said creighton was the bad one did he not and it was mentioned else where too, Pate was good one from what the game told me , though I still think i should have killed him there in the fight.

I was under the impression they are both bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man that spider was tough, took me, ai and another guy to take her down. Think its time to go back to iron keep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Man that spider was tough, took me, ai and another guy to take her down. Think its time to go back to iron keep

Use an effigy, the iron keep is a hotspot for invasions and pvp

I want one of those Black katanas so I bought the explorers hat with molocle. First 3 hollow tenticle guys in brightstone got me an effigy and 2 large titanite shards. I'm never taking this hat off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

So first play through is as a sorcerer. Suggestions on a decent int scaling melee weapon for when I'm low on spells. Currently using the fire longsword, but it's barely tickling some of the enemies I'm facing at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I want one of those Black katanas so I bought the explorers hat with molocle. First 3 hollow tenticle guys in brightstone got me an effigy and 2 large titanite shards. I'm never taking this hat off!
    There's a pair of gloves you can get with a similar effect. I'm going to assume they stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No idea where to go again.. seems to be happening a lot more with Dark Souls 2 than 1.

I beat the Old Iron King and since I wasn't sure where to go decided to tackle the rat boss again. Beat him too but that looks to be the end of that area.

Anyone have any idea where I should be going?

Checked out the forest and Bastille but found nowhere really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

^^

Killed The Rotten in the Black Gulch and The Lost Sinner in Sinners rise?

Big Knox wrote: »
    ^^

Killed The Rotten in the Black Gulch and The Lost Sinner in Sinners rise?

Yup!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tok9 wrote: »
    Yup!

You been to shaded woods/brightstone cove?

Head towards things betwixt from Majula and you should see another passageway before the things betwixt one.

There's a pair of gloves you can get with a similar effect. I'm going to assume they stack.

Ah even with the fancy monocle and about 7 rusted coins, I was just left with a load of Alonne armour but no katanas and now the knights don't spwan any more. I was gonna burn an aestethic to respawn them but not might be worth it for a weapon I haven't even used. Anyway, I think I'm falling for my Bastard Sword :o Was gonna assign it the boltstone but the damage goes down, think I'll just try make it a +10.

I also sided with Pate just for his voice actor. He sounded dodgy but I think Creighton was the worse of the 2.
    That's going to leave a nasty scar
    :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You been to shaded woods/brightstone cove?

Head towards things betwixt from Majula and you should see another passageway before the things betwixt one.

Ya I've completed that area too.. beat the world boss in Brightcove also.

Well at least I'm back in human form now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you've got the four primeval bonfires lit, head back to the fork in the road at Shaded Woods and go exploring.

Ya I've completed that area too.. beat the world boss in Brightcove also.

Well at least I'm back in human form now.

There's three directions you can go from the 2nd shaded woods bonfire, might be worth looking around there again :)

Cool.. I remember the paths.. didn't try there yet as I had checked there before when I was lost :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mallory Rancid Sunset

Ahh man I never wanted to go back to shaded woods again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ohhhh if you talk to Melentia after she moves to Majula she gives you a very nice ring! (you have to spend a certain amount of souls before she gives it to you, I just bought the effigies and that sorted it)

Also I read in one of the wikis it explains the pate storyline pretty good!

Rocking a +10 Lightning Giant Club, scales A with STR and B with FAI, it is utter destruction!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Had the
    Ancient Dragon
    down to her last inch of health bar after a near 10 minute spell of running, lost my concentration at the end and that was that.

Not sure I have the will to try again anytime soon , I really hate things that can instakill and you have no way to defend it :(

Edit: Went back for more , both times insta killed after entering the fog , to hell with this.

Sound advice lads. I've beaten the first boss in the area.. or 2 bosses I should say.

Was gutted after my first attempt as one had about 10 health left... went to increase my health and the other ran at me :(

All sorted now anyway and it's a great boss to let down your summon sign as they are ridiculously easy when it's a 3 v 2 situation.

Also.. after about 40 hours.. I've finally a slot for Pyromacy :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm still in early game but am already SL40. Don't feel in anyway overpowered for the areas I'm in but SL40 seems high.

I've 25 STR and 16 VIT. Am hoping to find a good STR scaling weapon soon and am hoarding my Titanite until then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Had the
    Ancient Dragon
    down to her last inch of health bar after a near 10 minute spell of running, lost my concentration at the end and that was that.

Not sure I have the will to try again anytime soon , I really hate things that can instakill and you have no way to defend it :(

Edit: Went back for more , both times insta killed after entering the fog , to hell with this.

It's a bitch alright. Toughest fight in the game. The forum complaints would easily let you know its the one most people cant do. It killed me a lot too before I got it down. Most people fight it naked coz it insta kills most people........but if you have over 2,000 hp and 270 fire res, you can survive a blast of the fire. The smelter armor has good fire resistance. And a fire resistance ring helps too. And buying a fire rest consumable at Majula if all else fails.

Still, its just best not to get hit. I did it by running under the dragon towards its tail every time it took off. If you are too slow, you get roasted. The timing is tight but it does work. Do it solo btw. Summoning people boosts its hp and most of em die in about 10 seconds. Totally not worth it.

Still finding the lack of Effigies a bit annoying. All day today and most of last night I hadn't used one. I'm on about 60% health making my way through this castle!

The thing is I have one but I don't want to use it until I know I'll definitely need it and so far only one summon brought me back to human today.

Still finding the lack of Effigies a bit annoying. All day today and most of last night I hadn't used one. I'm on about 60% health making my way through this castle!

The thing is I have one but I don't want to use it until I know I'll definitely need it and so far only one summon brought me back to human today.

Ring of life protection protects your humanity too. When you die, you stay human. Worth keeping in mind. I have 3 of em so I'm permantently human. When I die 3 times, I go repair them cheaply and continue the cycle. You never lose souls and you never have to use effigies. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Kirby wrote: »
    It's a bitch alright. Toughest fight in the game. The forum complaints would easily let you know its the one most people cant do. It killed me a lot too before I got it down. Most people fight it naked coz it insta kills most people........but if you have over 2,000 hp and 270 fire res, you can survive a blast of the fire. The smelter armor has good fire resistance. And a fire resistance ring helps too. And buying a fire rest consumable at Majula if all else fails.

Still, its just best not to get hit. I did it by running under the dragon towards its tail every time it took off. If you are too slow, you get roasted. The timing is tight but it does work. Do it solo btw. Summoning people boosts its hp and most of em die in about 10 seconds. Totally not worth it.

Really ???? Wow I thought it was a certain death that give me some fresh confidence, I have my technique down , getting my hits in two handed runing out to see what he's going to do back in etc etc, what killed me on my near successful attempt was I didn't run towards the tail like every other time, some people just don't get it you see them coming to the boss fog fat even after seeing you take off all the armor and getting a lighting weapon out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Anyone else regularly getting "Summoning cancelled - Unable to join multiplayer session" errors? A quick google suggests it's a common enough thing usually sorted by disabling media server. That worked for me for about 10 minutes but it's started happening again. Anyone know why this is?

Kirby wrote: »
    Ring of life protection protects your humanity too. When you die, you stay human. Worth keeping in mind. I have 3 of em so I'm permantently human. When I die 3 times, I go repair them cheaply and continue the cycle. You never lose souls and you never have to use effigies. :)

Yeah I started using those a couple of nights ago and haven't looked back since, have 2 of them and they're so cheap to repair, I've gone from complaining about lack of effigies to thinking effigies are redundant! I'm much quicker to blindly walk into a boss fight now too.
    Anyone else regularly getting "Summoning cancelled - Unable to join multiplayer session" errors? A quick google suggests it's a common enough thing usually sorted by disabling media server. That worked for me for about 10 minutes but it's started happening again. Anyone know why this is?

Seems to be a bug, I'd say only 1 or 2 invasions/summonings in every 5 work for me. The worst part is you have to quit and load your game again every time it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I don't get the complaints over effigies, I have about 20 at the minute and I'm just at Drangleic castle, I use em quite regularly as well, couldn't tell ya where I got them from though!!

Now that I think of it it was probably cos I Sun Bro'd so much it just bugged and turned me human most of the time!

Really ???? Wow I thought it was a certain death that give me some fresh confidence

Yeah I worked it out with some maths and some trial and error. If you stand at the center of the blast, the fire hits you 3 times. A little to the left or right, it hits twice. And on the very edge of the radius it will hit you once. So with 2,000 hp and 270 fire res, you can survive a hit. It means if you are a little slow getting out, you have a sliver of health left and can treble estus to get back to max.

You can also block it. A couple of time I knew I wasn't going to make it so a swivelled an blocked. It works too....but only two blocks. If you get caught under him, the fire will hit three times and you wont have enough stamina to block it three times. I doubt anyone has enough stamina to block all three fire hits. You need 300 stamina and I cant see anyone with that much.

• Advertisement

Yes... finally after fighting the Looking Glass Knight months ago I've beaten him today! :D

Advertisement