Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

You need the 100 fire resist greatshield to attempt to block it but your best bet is to get naked and hug its feet. Watch for its shadow on the ground and you can see where its tail is. When it flies up aim to run and stay directly under his tail. Then when it lands get back in on his feet.

The only problem with him was sometimes he had the tendency to swing 180 in the air if you run too far under his tail so watch out for that. Otherwise if you get the rotation and pattern down it's just a test of staying focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Old Dragonslayer is seriously annoying me now. I'm sprinting past all the massive Knights just to get to him and I don't think I've once got him below half way. Can't summon cos I'm hollow too and don't fancy using an effigy. I'm level 49 but all my points have gone into int and atn so far so I'm getting crucified any time he staggers me. Which is any time he hits me. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Old Dragonslayer is seriously annoying me now. I'm sprinting past all the massive Knights just to get to him and I don't think I've once got him below half way. Can't summon cos I'm hollow too and don't fancy using an effigy. I'm level 49 but all my points have gone into int and atn so far so I'm getting crucified any time he staggers me. Which is any time he hits me. Any tips?

Don't let him hit you

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Keep circling him and role when he strikes. The only times you shouldn't be close to him his when he does is magic attacks.

Did you get the Drangleic shield in forest of the fallen giants? It has 100% physical resistance so is pretty handy for that fight as you should be able to block everything bar his magic attacks with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

im lvl 50 atm if you want to try summoning?

• Advertisement

Yep, gonna summon now. Managed to get myself summoned there so I'm back to human, right outside the fog gate and the enemies aren't after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, knowing it's dark souls... Is it very hard to get all trophies in dark souls 2? Or will I need to sacrifice neighbours first born to get some bronze achievement?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guys, knowing it's dark souls... Is it very hard to get all trophies in dark souls 2? Or will I need to sacrifice neighbours first born to get some bronze achievement?

The hardest achievements will be getting all the miracles/spells/pyromancies as I think some of them require maxing out covenants like the Blue Sentinels which requires 500 successful invasions or wins in the arena, bit of a joke tbh!

Apparently some merchants might also sell them in NG+ or beyond though.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Yep, gonna summon now. Managed to get myself summoned there so I'm back to human, right outside the fog gate and the enemies aren't after me.
    was that you i just helped there?

I'm spiritcrusher_88, dunno if that was me but I just got two guys to come in a clatter him. Cheap but it was driving me nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Where do you find Pate and your man in Brightstone?

Where do you find Pate and your man in Brightstone?
    After the second bonfire, instead of jumping down to the bird merchant take the zip-line across the sandpit. Should be inside the building.

How many medals do I need to max out Bro covenant?

How many medals do I need to max out Bro covenant?

So I killed
    Pate If you kill him he just gives you the key to the booby trapped chest so looks like both of them were d*cks
    :)

I found a stupendous spot to farm Bro marks and souls. Just before the entrance to a to a corridor to boss in crypt. Killing all mobs and boss gives a ton of souls. I am like on 120k already lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The hardest achievements will be getting all the miracles/spells/pyromancies as I think some of them require maxing out covenants like the Blue Sentinels which requires 500 successful invasions or wins in the arena, bit of a joke tbh!

Some but i'm not sure if all will be available to buy in NG+++ , I messed up a couple of the inherit gear ones by not paying attention to NPC summon signs, so I'll either have to do them in NG+ or +1 the bonfires in those areas which would be madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I found a stupendous spot to farm Bro marks and souls. Just before the entrance to a to a corridor to boss in crypt. Killing all mobs and boss gives a ton of souls. I am like on 120k already lol.
    They'll stop respawning though, right?

I'm betting From will reduce the max number, 500 is a bit extreme. In DS1 entering the Sunlight covenant alone required 50 faith, but they since reduced it.

I like the NG++ won't just be a harder enemies thing anymore, there are definitely item/enemy differences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I have finished Dark Souls 2 just now and I have loved it , different directors My favourite game of all time with dark souls 1 and what I have loved about the new guys did what they were bold and brave enough to change enough things to the game to make it better and managed to improve upon a game were I am sure many of us here felt was a damn near perfect game with ds1.

And sure I was not 100% fully agreed with everything they did making afew complaints few days ago that could of been done better with the bonfire placements and such but there were way more postives to take out than negatives I galdy call this a worthy sequel and other games will have a hard time this year beating this as my game of the year.

Now to leave this game aside for a while and then come back to NG+ and gross myself to a world I cherish :D

Cydoniac wrote: »
    They'll stop respawning though, right?

I'm betting From will reduce the max number, 500 is a bit extreme. In DS1 entering the Sunlight covenant alone required 50 faith, but they since reduced it.

I like the NG++ won't just be a harder enemies thing anymore, there are definitely item/enemy differences.
    Nope, that's the thing, I just get summoned in to others,world. Free mobs.

Okay, I looked up trophies online and a lot of them are enheritment stuff. Does that mean you need to kill those npc to get that stuff?

• Advertisement

Okay, I looked up trophies online and a lot of them are enheritment stuff. Does that mean you need to kill those npc to get that stuff?

No
    I gotten some of those so far and it's more down to buying enough stuff off them or completing their quest lines. Gilligan just gave me his sword after I kept talking to him and bought all the ladders for example. Same with McDuff the blacksmith, give him the ember, ascend/reinforce a few weapons and buy a few things and keep using the Talk option and he should give you his hammer. They're the only two I've inherited stuff off yet. The girl that was petrified, her achievement is you just have to give her a set of clothes.

No
    I gotten some of those so far and it's more down to buying enough stuff off them or completing their quest lines. Gilligan just gave me his sword after I kept talking to him and bought all the ladders for example. Same with McDuff the blacksmith, give him the ember, ascend/reinforce a few weapons and buy a few things and keep using the Talk option and he should give you his hammer. They're the only two I've inherited stuff off yet. The girl that was petrified, her achievement is you just have to give her a set of clothes.

Cheers. Will need to talk more, I knew about spending souls on them all right.

Will do one more Bro run. About 250k souls now.

Man that room with the Ruin Sentinels is insane!

Man that room with the Ruin Sentinels is insane!

Yeah that's where I was last night, I just had to open every door to see what was inside of course :mad:

The one in the left corner is the only one worth opening apart from the first on the right I found. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Belfry Gargoyles. F all people to summon. Invaded every time. Can't kill the bosses.

Head melted with this level.

Yeah that's where I was last night, I just had to open every door to see what was inside of course :mad:

The one in the left corner is the only one worth opening apart from the first on the right I found. ;)

Yup I found the 1st door on the right but was like, hmm, no I shan't continue on, I must open all the doors!!!

Just met Nashandra there...hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Grayditch wrote: »
    Belfry Gargoyles. F all people to summon. Invaded every time. Can't kill the bosses.

Head melted with this level.

It's only optional. You can temporarily block invaders by burning an effigy or simply going offline.

Guys, moonblade. Any way of getting it without killing the dude?

Guys, moonblade. Any way of getting it without killing the dude?

Only hazarding a guess here, but I'd say it involves talking to him when you meet him and summoning him for any boss battles that you can. He probably has to survive the battle too.

• Advertisement

So after a week off, I'm heading back to college, no more DS for me :(

Just stopped after killing the 2 Dragon Riders handy enough and found a bonfire. Also just got that thing where it shows all the bonfires you missed, only ones so far are two in Drangleic Castle and apparently one in Forest of Fallen Giants??

Advertisement