Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So after a week off, I'm heading back to college, no more DS for me :(

Just stopped after killing the 2 Dragon Riders handy enough and found a bonfire. Also just got that thing where it shows all the bonfires you missed, only ones so far are two in Drangleic Castle and apparently one in Forest of Fallen Giants??

There's one you get to by using the
    soldiers key, head down the ladder from the other bonfire, go left to the room before you walk out onto the branch and there should be a door there to another area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Guys, moonblade. Any way of getting it without killing the dude?

thats not the moonlight greatsword, you buy that from Orniflex Benheart has a bluemoon blade, you can get it by completing his story , I screwed it up in
    Memory Of......
    So I have to kill him for it end game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Only hazarding a guess here, but I'd say it involves talking to him when you meet him and summoning him for any boss battles that you can. He probably has to survive the battle too.

Aye, just read it online... Bollox. If I kill him, do I get sword and trophy anyway?

Aye, just read it online... Bollox. If I kill him, do I get sword and trophy anyway?

No theres more to his gear than just the sword

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You'd probably get the sword but would be surprised if you got the trophy. Only one way to find out :pac:

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You'd probably get the sword but would be surprised if you got the trophy. Only one way to find out :pac:

Take heed from the man himself , he explicitly says "You'll have to pry it from me cold hands ..... "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Royal Rat Authority is actually pretty hard...
    Giant rat.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Royal Rat Authority is actually pretty hard...
    Giant rat.

Once you take out the
    4 small ones it's not too bad, but very hard to do before the big one is on top of you. I got lucky with an AoE pyromancy when I beat him.

calex71 wrote: »
    Take heed from the man himself , he explicitly says "You'll have to pry it from me cold hands ..... "

Yeah, that what he said where I went:

5df84009e3bbae199bf3fab251b59c4d.jpg

I am just doing Achievements now before I go NG+. No need for that dude, so I might just kill him in the "memory" and see what happens. No way of getting it "legit" way anyway. Mirrah will be same buthurt too...

By the way, whats the shtory with a dragon scale? Is it like in DS1 where you were able to transform in to that Dragon/human form?

By the way, whats the shtory with a dragon scale? Is it like in DS1 where you were able to transform in to that Dragon/human form?

Think they are for the covenant, you can give them to the leader, I saw it as an option when trading with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's only optional. You can temporarily block invaders by burning an effigy or simply going offline.

Yeah, but I need to beat these to help me light up the other boss fight. Can't get a lock on that boss.

Also can't take on these Gargoyles alone onbtbe level I'm at. I might come back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Dammit. El Classico is on tonight. It's gonna be a cracker.

Such a pity I need to finish Sinner's Rise. It's not like I have a choice.

Ah Dark Souls...

Well, got 13 Bro medals so far. Being a Bro really shows some people stupidity... Some masters are dumbasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

My guide has just been shipped by Amazon. Saw someone post this:

51KhJSrM-IL.jpg

Apparently the EU version is smaller than the US one for some reason.

Think From need to fix that Pharro invasion spot. You know it's bad when you don't even have to go near the player and they get pummeled by the enemies around them.
    penev10 wrote: »
    My guide has just been shipped by Amazon. Saw someone post this:

Apparently the EU version is smaller than the US one for some reason.
    Heard reports of that too. I'll probably look into getting it from the US, it's apparently not all that more expensive. The guide sounds fantastic either way though.

Entering end game now, was back at the candinal tower, and discover a whole area I'd missed , outside area you needed a key to get in, only realised when I noticed I was missing a bonfire on the fast travel screen :eek:

Think From need to fix that Pharro invasion spot. You know it's bad when you don't even have to go near the player and they get pummeled by the enemies around them.

Thats kind of the point of it :D

I've managed to get a fair few lockstones out of that though. Just took my time and played like normal taking out the enemies then go after the host, easier said than done but sometimes they'll get sloppy if you don't get overwhelmed or trolled by the traps.

Guys, you need,to actually make him to give you that moon blade yoke to get achievement. I killed poor bastards and got sword, but no trophy.

Just got my curved dragon great sword, feels very like the drake from DS1.

S scaling, and pretty sweet special attack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I could do with some anxiety medication playing this.

• Advertisement

God dammit, I really starting to find PS4 ironic piece of equipment. Just played dark souls 2, then decided to call it a night with it and maybe play something on PS4. Checked all my updates, turned off PS4, went for a piss, came back, turned on ps3 and dark souls 2. Wtf am I even doing here?! I already killed last boss!

Haha, some assholes are so Sad individuals. I got invaded, pure lag fest. I was, hit By a sword while he was 10 meters away, I got constantly backstabbed. When I finally died, he did a mocking gesture... Ah, sad little ****. Repairing my ring for 3000 souls was annoying bit. Got like 310k souls, but effort and going to those loading screens...

Some absolute hero helped me with the gargoyles amidst a million covenant invasions. Even messages him a heartfelt thank you ;)

Grayditch wrote: »
    Some absolute hero helped me with the gargoyles amidst a million covenant invasions. Even messages him a heartfelt thank you ;)

Hehe, I am doing a lot of this Bro thing and I can really feel how thankful people are lol.
    I killed gargoyles myself too, but only waaaaaay later in to the game. Those are really bitch to kill early on.

I just maxed out the bell keeper covenant, the armor you get is hilarious looking

Anyone having trouble fighting
    Vendrick
    at the end of the crypt?
    I have 4 giant souls but he's still really, really powerful. I can wear him down, but one false move and I'm done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Phew, one marathon session, several bosses and
    three memories / giants souls later
    , I'm down to
    Vendrick
    . It does indeed seem like a very challenging fight even with the requisite items, a single hit will down me no question and spells make only the slightest dent in his health bar. Hoping some renewed concentration tomorrow will give me that extra push.

Out of curiosity, when does the game 'officially' end?

Well chasm of the dark can piss right off, not wasting more effigies on that.

Those explody zombie things in the Sinner's Rise are NOT sound lads.

• Advertisement

Really getting hard tonight to get stable phantom games. Really leggy and them get disconnected. :( My Bro emblem gathering gone to stalemate. So far 16 emblems, but need a lot more.

I am don't even have any Faith....

Advertisement