Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Phew, one marathon session, several bosses and
    three memories / giants souls later
    , I'm down to
    Vendrick
    . It does indeed seem like a very challenging fight even with the requisite items, a single hit will down me no question and spells make only the slightest dent in his health bar. Hoping some renewed concentration tomorrow will give me that extra push.

Out of curiosity, when does the game 'officially' end?
    Wait, you killed Ancient Dragon?

Oh regarding that boss;
    You can get more giant souls if you burn bonfire ascetic at first gulch bonfire, and fight the two giants again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Wait, you killed Ancient Dragon?

No I did not :pac: Might give it a go tomorrow, but my hopes are not high.

I have the
    four other giant souls
    , though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Phew, one marathon session, several bosses and
    three memories / giants souls later
    , I'm down to
    Vendrick
    . It does indeed seem like a very challenging fight even with the requisite items, a single hit will down me no question and spells make only the slightest dent in his health bar. Hoping some renewed concentration tomorrow will give me that extra push.

Out of curiosity, when does the game 'officially' end?

Thats actually an optional fight, you need to go back to
    throne of want
    to get end credits, also did you do the
    dragon
    memories :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    Thats actually an optional fight, you need to go back to
    throne of want
    to get end credits, also did you do the
    dragon
    memories :confused:

Cool, will head back tomorrow then. At least when / if I see the credits roll I'll have a psychological sense of completion :pac:

I did
    one dragon memory, just go the ancient dragon soul
    for my 'trouble'. Is there more than that?

Oh thanks for the tip, Cydoniac, that sounds like a more manageable workaround.

Cool, will head back tomorrow then. At least when / if I see the credits roll I'll have a psychological sense of completion :pac:

I did
    one dragon memory, just go the ancient dragon soul
    for my 'trouble'. Is there more than that?

Oh thanks for the tip, Cydoniac, that sounds like a more manageable workaround.
    You can't access the final boss then; you need to retrace other memories...think of where you might have seen King's Ring doors in earlier areas, or where you saw giant tree/statues.

did Vendrick with 5 giant souls as opposed to 4, wrecked him, MASSIVE difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That's it, calling it a night. Not getting any summons. :(
    So i am finished with 450k souls on me right now. 17 Bro marks so far. I think I got in total about 650k souls today. Not sure what I am going to do. Boosting more str and vit looks pointless. Very little improvement and I can live with 70-80 load in my Hovels **** truck setup.
    So I might go with faith. Be a proper Bro paladin!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has anyone completed the pilgrims of the dark?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    Those explody zombie things in the Sinner's Rise are NOT sound lads.

I dare you to go down that hole in Majula... They only get worse :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

tok9 wrote: »
    I dare you to go down that hole in Majula... They only get worse :P

There will be even worse version of them later on lads. I will just say - if you not ready, it's going to be expensive :)

**** Ancient Dragon. Even getting there is an absolute pain. One hit kills pretty much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Has anyone completed the pilgrims of the dark?

Yeah i've done it.. climax is kinda ****e.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Xyo wrote: »
    Yeah i've done it.. climax is kinda ****e.

I only lasted a minute
    got flattened by Havel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Killed the
    gargoyles
    first try, my weapon broke just before killing the last one! Must have been 5 or 6 of them Jeez. Summoned help and he lasted about ten seconds, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cydoniac wrote: »
    did Vendrick with 5 giant souls as opposed to 4, wrecked him, MASSIVE difference.

I did him with 1 and got the rest later. I didn't know about the giant souls thing until I read it. Didn't find him that hard tbh.

Kirby wrote: »
    I did him with 1 and got the rest later. I didn't know about the giant souls thing until I read it. Didn't find him that hard tbh.

Counter clockwise leg hugging was the order of the day there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

ONE? How long did it take you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A couple of minutes. My guy hits quite hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

A couple of minutes. My guy hits quite hard.

I was doing 23 Damage per swing two handed with a +10 Blacksteel Katana with 40 Dex and your guy hits hard? lol. Not sure if this was with zero or one souls...

Also i take back what i said about the OST, its actually ****ing great. Been playing Diablo with Dark Soul and Dark Souls 2 OST playing and i feel the first game has to much vocals in all the songs. About 90% of the songs have "HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH HUAH" and it gets tiresome. Dark Souls 2 OST feels more varied but nothing on it can beat Gywn's theme and Nameless song though....

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

First proper heart-break last night,

Was helping folks destroy 'The Pursuer' for ages and when the summons were getting thin on the ground I decided to poke around in the Giant Forrest down by the fire Lizards, had about 200k souls. (Maybe):
    well I discovered that I could take them out handy enough with a bow and arrow and could jump through that hole in the grate so set to work clearing them out
    ......when I finally had the cavern cleared I was like 'happy days, time to collect some sweet sweet loot' .....then fell down a Hole in the floor that I didn't see.....'You Died' AAArrrggghhhhhhhhh

Went to bed after that and dreamt of falling down a well....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Stuck on The Rotten, didnt play much over the last few days so am way behind, no effigies so went farming the dogs in Lost Bastille and the Belfry bonfire, respawned the belfry ones a few times and nada. So have to suck it up and either beat him or the Queelag looking chick in the Shaded Woods, neither are appealing lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

****ing spiders!

Just doing some prep for NG+ at the minute, I going on a killing spree :D

I can absolve all that sin with cromwell right and then do him last for minimal sin going into NG+???? Anyone know how expensive that will be? I'm sure it's not cheap and likely tied to level

calex71 wrote: »
    Just doing some prep for NG+ at the minute, I going on a killing spree :D

I can absolve all that sin with cromwell right and then do him last for minimal sin going into NG+???? Anyone know how expensive that will be? I'm sure it's not cheap and likely tied to level

Do you carry sin over now? In the last game you started each NG+ with a clean slate.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do you carry sin over now? In the last game you started each NG+ with a clean slate.

It's carrys over alright this time, and that could be a terrible thing given how far in Cromwell is.

Xbox was patched still didn't fix the summoning problem. it also has the same thing as last game, where you can't use the soapstone, you can hear the music / sound effects drop out to you look to see if the fog as come up for an invasion that doesn't come, so likely a server time out but forcing you to quit out to fix the summoning , I've noticed it happen almost consistently in Undead Crypt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Watching a walkthrough done by the RadBrad....I stopped watching after he murdered Mild-Mannered Pate for no reason (thus losing the White Sign Soapstone for good).

When I was playing, I leaped down beside Pate and accidentally swung my sword at him. I hit him (and swore, because I knew he was an NPC) and he said the combat words that NPCs usually do when you attack them ("So be it!" or something) but it glitched out and he didn't aggro- he just kept sitting there. So then I talked to him and got the White Sign Soapstone like nothing happened (and I praised the sun because that item is so useful and I would have been annoyed if I didn't get it)....

Apart from that, I've come across very few glitches, apart from an occasional inability to summon (I am summoned very quickly and easily, by comparison) and some sound bugs. Also, I seem to be dying a lot. Is this normal? Can you quickscope in this game?

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Watching a walkthrough done by the RadBrad....I stopped watching after he murdered Mild-Mannered Pate for no reason (thus losing the White Sign Soapstone for good).

When I was playing, I leaped down beside Pate and accidentally swung my sword at him. I hit him (and swore, because I knew he was an NPC) and he said the combat words that NPCs usually do when you attack them ("So be it!" or something) but it glitched out and he didn't aggro- he just kept sitting there. So then I talked to him and got the White Sign Soapstone like nothing happened (and I praised the sun because that item is so useful and I would have been annoyed if I didn't get it)....

Apart from that, I've come across very few glitches, apart from an occasional inability to summon (I am summoned very quickly and easily, by comparison) and some sound bugs. Also, I seem to be dying a lot. Is this normal? Can you quickscope in this game?

The NPC's don't seem to aggro as easily this time, any I've killed had to be hit at least 3 times before engaging me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I had an annoying bug last week where the final Bell Gargoyle never materialized, so the boss health bar just sat there with the last chunk left.

Was annoying as it was the first time I'd done so well against them too.

Other than that the sound going out of snyc was was super annoying, don't think that's been an issue since the patch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I started swinging my sword like a mad man when I saw the Rat King, he was quite nice about the whole misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

how do I uncurse myself? purging stones again? got cursed in the shaded woods

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    how do I uncurse myself? purging stones again? got cursed in the shaded woods

Just rest at a bonfire or use an effigy it's barely an inconvenience anymore.

Advertisement