Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently if you put a red soapstone sign down in Drangleic castle you can
    get summoned by the mirror knight and pop out of his mirror during the boss fight in someone else's game
    I know what I'll be doing tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I beat the ginat rat and then talked to the rat king and joined the covenant. If I go back to the Grave of Saints (I previously got to the boss there headed somewhere else) and equip the seal, the rats won't attack me right? can I still fight the boss there? Also, Can I just drop further down into the well for the gutter place?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just rest at a bonfire or use an effigy it's barely an inconvenience anymore.

Oh lol sure what's the point in it? what does it even do?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I beat the ginat rat and then talked to the rat king and joined the covenant. If I go back to the Grave of Saints (I previously got to the boss there headed somewhere else) and equip the seal, the rats won't attack me right? can I still fight the boss there? Also, Can I just drop further down into the well for the gutter place?

Yeah if you're in the covenant the other rats dont attack you, and the Gutter is past the Rat King, it's an absolute pain in the bollocks of an area, bring loads of poison moss, it's basically Blightown 2, and the area after that is even worse.

krudler wrote: »
    it's basically Blightown 2, and the area after that is even worse.

:pac: hhmmmm okay, think I will push on with the Iron Keep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

End credits playing as I type :) Praise the sun!

Surprise in the voice acting credits: Love/Hate's Ruth Negga!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It's the only place I've found the torch is absolutely essential, lighting everything as I go along so that I know if I've been to an area or not.

Anyone figure out if that
    ant queen does anything?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

End credits playing as I type :) Praise the sun!

Surprise in the voice acting credits: Love/Hate's Ruth Negga!

I presume she did the one who levels you up with the Irish accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Apparently if you put a red soapstone sign down in Drangleic castle you can
    get summoned by the mirror knight and pop out of his mirror during the boss fight in someone else's game
    I know what I'll be doing tonight :D
    That is fecking nasty!!! On my to do lost now! :D

That is fecking nasty!!! On my to do lost now! :D

Apparently it works with cracked red eye orbs too but is less reliable as you could end up just invading someone, you should get a message saying
    "The mirror knight is summoning you"
    if it's working.

• Advertisement

Apparently it works with cracked red eye orbs too but is less reliable as you could end up just invading someone, you should get a message saying
    if it's working.

I think that it the most evil thing you can do to someone in DS2! I am in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

if it's working.

Yeah i must have fought the Mirror Knight about 10 times before i beat him and he always summoned NPCs. I was kinda disappointed since all the pre-release hype about him was that he was like The Old Monk. Next char is gonna be made for PvP and invading, if i ever play this game again...haven't played in about 5 days :pac:

I think that it the most evil thing you can do to someone in DS2! I am in! :D

There was an area in Demon's Souls where something similar happened, was a lot of fun :D

sheehy83 wrote: »
    :pac: hhmmmm okay, think I will push on with the Iron Keep.

How do you get to there? the areas I have open are the shaded woods part with the scoprion chick as a boss and the gutter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So getting this game at the weekend. What would you guys say is the easier of classes to start the game with. I usually avoid magic and go mainly for melee.

How do you get to there? the areas I have open are the shaded woods part with the scoprion chick as a boss and the gutter

Iron Keep is after the boss of Earthen Peak. Doors of Pharros is after the boss you're at in Shaded Woods.

logik wrote: »
    So getting this game at the weekend. What would you guys say is the easier of classes to start the game with. I usually avoid magic and go mainly for melee.

Well, I found heavy melee fighter with a heaviest shield to work great. Almost all attacks in game can be blocked with shield. So you can even go Crazy with weight and be as mobile as a brick, because you can just block everything.

It's a few areas after Huntsman's Copse.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Well chasm of the dark can piss right off, not wasting more effigies on that.

I should prolly put this in spoilers..
    I found the chasms easy enough if u use poison arrows with the bow. Four arrows poison all the guys and u can pull most of em 1 by 1 then. For Darklurker I used firestorm with a +8 glove only took 3 casts iirc

Does anyone find the level design to not be as good as the first game? I prefered the interlinking aspect of Lordran, not that areas in DS2 don't intertwine either but a lot of them are branched out and don't connect without warping. I thought there was more of a sense of discovery opening a gate or door and finding a way back to someplace knocking off loads of travel time instead of just warping around.

• Advertisement

Does anyone find the level design to not be as good as the first game? I prefered the interlinking aspect of Lordran, not that areas in DS2 don't intertwine either but a lot of them are branched out and don't connect without warping. I thought there was more of a sense of discovery opening a gate or door and finding a way back to someplace knocking off loads of travel time instead of just warping around.

Yeah i's a bit sloppy, even the ones that are connected don't make sense. Taking an elevator up from the top of earthen peak and you end up in a volcanic landscape when all that was above earthen peak was the sky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

God damn it. One more Primal bonfire to go but I'm back to work for the week now :( Also have my brothers stag next weekend so that's me on Dark Souls 2 cold turkey for 2 weeks :'(

Yep. And there are just so many bonfires thrown in there, DS1 didn't need that many bonfires as it was usually possible to create a short cut back to the one bonfire for each area.

I still remember how cool it was in Dark Souls when I realised the back of the New Londo Ruins led out onto the Valley of the Drakes.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    God damn it. One more Primal bonfire to go but I'm back to work for the week now :( Also have my brothers stag next weekend so that's me on Dark Souls 2 cold turkey for 2 weeks :'(

I'm finding it hard to get back into it after not playing for a few days, a combination of being out of the loop, a lack of effigies to at least get a boss beaten and open a new area and general meh-ness about it means I'm not being grabbed by it. Not the games fault at all it's excellent, just need to get a proper decent session in and make some progress.

Yeah i's a bit sloppy, even the ones that are connected don't make sense. Taking an elevator up from the top of earthen peak and you end up in a volcanic landscape when all that was above earthen peak was the sky.
    DinoRex wrote: »
    Yep. And there are just so many bonfires thrown in there, DS1 didn't need that many bonfires as it was usually possible to create a short cut back to the one bonfire for each area.

I still remember how cool it was in Dark Souls when I realised the back of the New Londo Ruins led out onto the Valley of the Drakes.

Exactly, the areas in DS1 seemed more naturally connected. The first time I found the elevator from the Parish to Firelink I had an "oohhh that's where I am" moment. And it felt like you made real progress and were rewarded for slogging though the Burg and Parish areas, getting those lovely 10 estus flasks back was a delight.

Is anyone else using the Drangealic Mesh armour? it has some crazy rating every 2nd person you summon his it on, the one with the red tattered cape

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mallory Rancid Sunset

pewdiepies started playing dark souls 2 iv not watched it yet but i enjoyed his run through of ds1 so il be giving it a look maby after i finish or maby just the bits iv done.

i actually like the re spawn limit now didn't like the sound if it when it was announced but it makes repeatedly dying at bosses more bearable.

i think the bosses are easier the only boss iv had an issue with so far is
    the chariot executioner
    and again that run up was a nightmare until the lads stopped respawning although just on the
    smeltor deamon
    now and he seems like hes gona be a toughy

Used the Drangleic armour for most of the game so far, only recently swapped it for the headless knights armour. Miss the cape :(

With the Chariot boss once you get the red spirit out of the way you can just leg it past all the other guys who ambush you, just keep armour light and get through there asap, once you make the bridge it's not so bad

When the enemies stop respawning on a boss run that's when I decide that I'll need help and actually summon. Only had to do this twice so far, generally hate summoning for help on a boss that I haven't beaten on my own yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't invaded anyone yet but I am mighty tempted to go back to the castle now and check that out... do you really just leave the summon sign anywhere or is it where the fight is?

Advertisement