Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've just realised the only thing I have to invade is the cracked rey eye orb... should I have a stone?

Edit: And I'm not human either.. going to continue on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tok9 wrote: »
    I've just realised the only thing I have to invade is the cracked rey eye orb... should I have a stone?

Edit: And I'm not human either.. going to continue on.

There are only orbs I believe. However you can get a
    red soap stone that allows you to be summoned as a dark phantom infinitely - as long as a player decides to take up the challenge!
    You can buy it from the
    Blood Covenant guy
    , who has all the best **** in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

There are only orbs I believe. However you can get a
    red soap stone that allows you to be summoned as a dark phantom infinitely - as long as a player decides to take up the challenge!
    You can buy it from the
    Blood Covenant guy
    , who has all the best **** in this game.

What do you need to join him? He just tells me to fudge off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Doesn't helping another player defeat a boss reverse hollowing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Killed the dude by having 4 souls. Easy fight, but it is just pure endurance fight. You can have him circling just in to one side and he will never hit you. Did not even used a single healing item.
    So that trophies bagged. Need more Bro marks, but having feck all summons today. :( where do you guys leave your marks? I am doing it in Crypt.

Rage quit on him just there, doing 300 a swing at him hugging his leg the trick though is not to move too much or he jumps away or gets tight against a wall like he did with me there :mad:

It works out about 28-30 hits on him which is fine if he plays ball ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just beat smelter with jolly co op hurrah! That lucatiel one on the other hand is worse than useless. She has fallen off a ledge every time I summoned her so far.

Got a lightning spear but my +8 bastard sword and +7 gyrm shield are wrecking people at the moment so will stick with them. However f×ck turtle fellas in small hallways.

Also read today that the stone trade lady sells all thr titanite when you have the 4 old souls.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    How do I get to the Iron Keep? It's titanite shards I need is there a farming area or particular enemies that drop them regularly? the areas I have open without bosses are the Shaded Woods and the Black Gulch area

The one in Manila sells regular shards I think! Iron keep is through
    huntsman's copse, harvest valley then earthen peak
    What do you need to join him? He just tells me to fudge off.

You need a token of spite in your inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Anyone know where I'm supposed to go after I've beaten The Rotten? I've 2 "big" souls and a good few smaller bosses beaten now but I don't know where to go. I have all the main areas unlocked as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Anyone know where I'm supposed to go after I've beaten The Rotten? I've 2 "big" souls and a good few smaller bosses beaten now but I don't know where to go. I have all the main areas unlocked as well.
    Have you headed towards the shaded ruins?

calex71 wrote: »
    Rage quit on him just there, doing 300 a swing at him hugging his leg the trick though is not to move too much or he jumps away or gets tight against a wall like he did with me there :mad:

It works out about 28-30 hits on him which is fine if he plays ball ,

Yeah, just circle him and don't go too far behind his back. You got to keep him circling one side always though. Counter clock wise if I remember right. The other important thing - keep him away from walls, or you will have a bad time.

Well, my Bro carrier sucks today, got only 2 marks. Getting no summons and if I do - lag fest. Such a huge difference from last night :(. Even tried different places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Have you headed towards the shaded ruins?

I don't think so, I got to the shaded woods and it forks out to three paths. First one I killed
    The sentry from the boat
    but it's a dead end after that, second is a really foggy zone where I can't see anything and third one ends in a door that asks me to
    present the symbol of the king

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shine of Armana...sticking a random hole under the water at the end of a stone walkway on direct route to the fog gate. I thought you were better than this Dark souls.

I don't think so, I got to the shaded woods and it forks out to three paths. First one I killed
    The sentry from the boat
    but it's a dead end after that, second is a really foggy zone where I can't see anything and third one ends in a door that asks me to
    present the symbol of the king
    Take a trip through the fog. If you stay to the left hand side and hug the wall you should be okay, there's more beyond it. There are some great treasures to be had if you're feeling brave - there's no way to de-fog that area so explore it a bit (fast though)
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Shine of Armana...sticking a random hole under the water at the end of a stone walkway on direct route to the fog gate. I thought you were better than this Dark souls.
    If you can't see the ground/water boundaries, a torch will make it much clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

There are too many cheap death in this.

I totally forgot I hadn't killed the Skeleton Lords myself, I fought them a few times after being summoned d'oh! on the plus side it was a piss easy fight horray, at Harvest Valley now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have never been happier to reach the end of an area in a game than that hell hole. Sticks out like a sore thumb in what otherwise is a very fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Does anything happen if you hang around in the fog for long? Is it a big area?

When I went in I just happened to hug the left wall, found the Headless dude and then found the next area after that so never actually explored it.

Ah Christ and as you say it I'm on to complain.. Just light the thrid bonfire... Christ.. just beyond it is ridiculous.. even getting out of the cave is a pain due to that bug who breaks all your equipment.

When I went in I just happened to hug the left wall, found the Headless dude and then found the next area after that so never actually explored it.
    There are invisible warriors who will tear you up pretty fast if you aren't careful. They throw knifes and then follow you, so you really don't want to hang around if you're looking around for treasures. It's reasonably big.

Did you find the invisible friendly guys who try to give you a back massage with their sword? I found a class ring but mostly legged it through that area.

so Earthen Peak is fun, it's like Sen's with poison, poison everywhere.

Yay...

• Advertisement

so Earthen Peak is fun, it's like Sen's with poison, poison everywhere.

Yay...

If you read a message saying to light something, for the love if God do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mallory Rancid Sunset

Brotherhood of blood is awsome really enjoying the pvp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Anybody in No Man's Wharf fancy helping with the boss? I've helped about 5 people but don't want to risk going in alone seeing as I've about 30000 souls on me and feeling too lazy to go back to the bonfire :p
    SL62 btw
    Edit: Done. Phew.

That's exactly where I was at tonight! Shame I didn't see your message in time.

He's handy enough until he pulls out the 2 handed attack when he's down below 50% health (that's the way it seemed to me anyway)

Oh man that was hilarious.

Was summoned to help a person who already had another person helping. After clearing out the area a person invaded us... poor call :P

tok9 wrote: »
    Ah Christ and as you say it I'm on to complain.. Just light the thrid bonfire... Christ.. just beyond it is ridiculous.. even getting out of the cave is a pain due to that bug who breaks all your equipment.

Bow m8, don't even bother going near big one.

That area is annoying, but not really hard, of you got torch up, you can see where water is shallow. Plus always check where are plants etc. I think I have not felt in to pit even once when I was going for exit, but I did went down when I felt experiment lol. Those knights drop twinkling titanite. I am planing on going to farm a bit there before I hit NG+.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Killed the
    rat boss
    last night and got
    the tail. Traded it for the toxic mist (pyromancy of all things, must be gas based!)
    which should come in handy when I feel like being a coward, which is a lot in this game.

Ummm, if you accidentally kill an npc, is that them gone for good? didnt the demo let you bring them back at a cost?

Just beat the boss there. Beat it twice before since people summoned me.

Again a really easy boss although I liked the design of it and his moves... it just needed a bit more reach or variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

At an impasse!

Have beaten the Sentinels as phantom loads of time but no effiagies left and cant' take them solo!

• Advertisement

Ummm, if you accidentally kill an npc, is that them gone for good? didnt the demo let you bring them back at a cost?
    They have a tombstone in their place which you can revive them at for a price, but it resets every time you die, and gradually gets more expensive each time.

Advertisement