Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

noodler wrote: »
    At an impasse!

Have beaten the Sentinels as phantom loads of time but no effiagies left and cant' take them solo!

Leave down a summoning sign in places and hope that after you finish you'll be back human.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

tok9 wrote: »
    Leave down a summoning sign in places and hope that after you finish you'll be back human.

I have beaten them 5 or 6 times now helping other using White Soap and Mini white but no luck yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

noodler wrote: »
    I have beaten them 5 or 6 times now helping other using White Soap and Mini white but no luck yet.

I think if the person that summons you dies you return to your world human, not sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mallory Rancid Sunset

Haha just "began a duel with chronic bowels" aparently

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Spent the night duelling other Blue sentinels members and also using blue eyed cracked orbs to invade the guilty. Great fun.

I must have killed over 30 people. The guilty now fear the HokemPokem! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The old King was a bit underwhelming, finished him on my 2nd go solo. 1 last great soul to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mallory Rancid Sunset

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The old King was a bit underwhelming, finished him on my 2nd go solo. 1 last great soul to go.

He takes crazy damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

70+ hours of the game played and I had to google to see which one that was, says it all about the game vs the 1st one really. Great as it was there where so many forgettable things :(

I'm currently telling a pal how to and where to go in DS1 with what gear etc from memory with only 2 full plays of that one.

Just reached my 1st bonfire in the gutter. Give me blightown any day!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Anything in particular i need to beat
    Vendrick
    22 damage with a 2 handed +10 greatsword, 8 damage with a soul spear :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anything in particular i need to beat
    Vendrick
    22 damage with a 2 handed +10 greatsword, 8 damage with a soul spear :confused:
    Souls of Giants lower his defense. You get them in the dream trees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

calex71 wrote: »
    70+ hours of the game played and I had to google to see which one that was, says it all about the game vs the 1st one really. Great as it was there where so many forgettable things :(

I'm currently telling a pal how to and where to go in DS1 with what gear etc from memory with only 2 full plays of that one.
    DS1 is definitely more memorable as a whole, I think this has to do with Hidetaka Miyazaki not directing this one, he really brought the atmosphere that it has. I still think the sequel is great though.
    Souls of Giants lower his defense. You get them in the dream trees
    Also fairly easy to get from Black Gulch if you use a bonfire ascetic at the first bonfire to respawn the giant soul drop, although this means you have to be fairly comfortable fighting the Rotten. Forget getting Ancient Dragon's giant soul lol, the fight is insane.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kirby wrote: »
    Spent the night duelling other Blue sentinels members and also using blue eyed cracked orbs to invade the guilty. Great fun.

I must have killed over 30 people. The guilty now fear the HokemPokem! :P

The blue orbs working now? Might sign up to the blue sentinels again so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dark Souls 2 is a good game and all but alot of the areas are reminiscent of Dark Souls and it felt like they didn't bring anything new to the table bar
    Dragon Aerie
    which was fantastic by the way. One message i found left around the game alot was "Not this place again..."

So true.....so true...

Cydoniac wrote: »
    DS1 is definitely more memorable as a whole, I think this has to do with Hidetaka Miyazaki not directing this one, he really brought the atmosphere that it has. I still think the sequel is great though.

Also fairly easy to get from Black Gulch if you use a bonfire ascetic at the first bonfire to respawn the giant soul drop, although this means you have to be fairly comfortable fighting the Rotten. Forget getting Ancient Dragon's giant soul lol, the fight is insane.

Excellent,
    Iv got 1 soul from the 2 giants in the gulch, should i just leave vendrick for the end. I presume he's optional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The blue orbs working now? Might sign up to the blue sentinels again so!
    Yeah, I'm getting invaded by arbiters more regularly now too, nice to see it working well and people always around even at higher levels.
    Excellent,
    Iv got 1 soul from the 2 giants in the gulch, should i just leave vendrick for the end. I presume he's optional
    Yep, entirely optional, you will steamroll him on 5 souls, doable at 4 just need to be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Anyone got any recommendations for light (caster) armour and a shield with low ish strength requirements.

Got the hexers set but it's expensive to upgrade (twinkling titanite) so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

So I rented this yesterday and spent last night playing through the first hour or so a few times with different characters to get a taste for it. There is so much I don't understand. :D

I managed to beat the last giant but I'm stuck from there.

I settled on a bandit (although knowing me....) but I'm using the exact same kit out that I used for the warrior. Falconer armour with a shield (invaluable) except I use stabby short swords. The bow is helpful in dealing with some of the heavier guys.

So my question is, should I stay running bandit (what stats do I need to improve) or should I go back and play through again as a warrior/knight?

Sorry. Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Class only matters at the start of the game.you can build any character you like from a starting base and there's even an item to respec if you aren't happy later on.

SK1979 wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations for light (caster) armour and a shield with low ish strength requirements.

Got the hexers set but it's expensive to upgrade (twinkling titanite) so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

The saints hood for extra spells, not sure where to get it but its early in the game somewhere, The lion mage armor gives you faster casting speed
    You find it in the shaded woods before the boss, check in the ruins on the right and use a fragrant branch of yore on the lion and go passed the annoying curse pots

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

SK1979 wrote: »

Cheers.

An upgraded Drangleic Shield served me well throughout. Remember to take advantage of the magic shield spells, they're incredibly useful in some circumstances, especially if you're facing off against fellow casters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ha just found info about this item Illusory Ring of a Conqueror, good luck getting that one.
    Makes the left hand weapon invisible, to get it you have to finish NG without dying
    :eek:

I only seem to have 3 great souls old king, rotten & sinner. I have the dukes freja one but it looks like a normal boss soul but looking it up it says that is a great soul?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Back into it now made some progress last night, beat the Covetous Demon, which was piss easy and got to the other boss in Earthen Peak, need to get some co-op going for that one though, got her down to about halfway and got demolished.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I only seem to have 3 great souls old king, rotten & sinner. I have the dukes freja one but it looks like a normal boss soul but looking it up it says that is a great soul?

Nope just looks normal, so you're all good. It is confusing though!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    Ha just found info about this item Illusory Ring of a Conqueror, good luck getting that one.
    Makes the left hand weapon invisible, to get it you have to finish NG without dying
    :eek:

There's one you get for not resting at a binfire too.much more doable though as you can replenish estus and that by summoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's one you get for not resting at a binfire too.much more doable though as you can replenish estus and that by summoning.

How you supposed to warp though? unless you just make your way back through every area through Majula again, that'd take forever although it was the same in the original game before you got the Lord Vessel I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Just back from a weekend break so I'm gonna get stuck into the Earthen Peak final boss this eve. I'll have to stop the poison flow in the area, grab myself a Human Effigy from somewhere, level up my equipment a bit more and take that headless bitch down with the help of some jolly co-operation :mad:

krudler wrote: »
    How you supposed to warp though? unless you just make your way back through every area through Majula again, that'd take forever although it was the same in the original game before you got the Lord Vessel I guess.

You'd have to slog through every area yeah, you could homeward bone when you want to level up though.

• Advertisement

I always find those crazy requirement game unlocks amusing - by the time I actually achieved them, I doubt I'd have much interest in actually playing the game again :p

Advertisement