Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Beat the song demon but after turning off the game I could still hear that singing from shrine of amana :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So......did everyone else pull the lever?
    apparently I miss out on a side quest now?
    another opportunity to use that gif of Dougal :(

Yup, and his quest seems to be the only way to get one of the sorceries I need :(

His constant
    invasions
    are a nice touch though, a nice little bit of attention to detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

DinoRex wrote: »
    Did anyone else play the network test? It was way harder than what we got in the full game.

I didn't, but from what I understand it was tuned to NG+ on at least one of the tests. That would explain the harder difficulty.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yup, and his quest seems to be the only way to get one of the sorceries I need :(

His constant
    invasions
    are a nice touch though, a nice little bit of attention to detail.

I haven't been
    invaded
    yet but it seems his questline was the only way to get
    forbidden sun
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Back playing yesterday after a weekend away at home. The
    Smelter Demon
    surely should've been the final boss in the Iron Keep as opposed to
    the Iron King
    ? He was a piece of p*ss in comparison!

Also, did the patch remove the humanity recovery via summoning? Haven't seen any patch notes?

Another also, there is no primal bonfire after you beat
    the Rotten
    is there? At least I couldn't find one!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

chickenboy wrote: »

Another also, there is no primal bonfire after you beat
    the Rotten
    is there? At least I couldn't find one!

There is, look around the chamber, there should be a passage leading off.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

There is, look around the chamber, there should be a passage leading off.

Balls. Is there any need to light it, or is it just a handy way out? I just homeward boned rather than face all those statues!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I haven't been
    invaded
    yet but it seems his questline was the only way to get
    forbidden sun
    :mad:

Vintage Dark Souls II, and what you've got to love and hate about the game - a single, seemingly innocuous decision permanently (or at least until NG+) erasing your capability to access items you want! Should have heeded those odd, NPC warning signs :pac:
    chickenboy wrote: »
    Balls. Is there any need to light it, or is it just a handy way out? I just homeward boned rather than face all those statues!

Yeah you need to light it. If you have the second bonfire in the area lit it should be really easy to get back there?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Trying to get a guy who summoned me to do the thing you need to do before the Earthen Peak boss, put a sign on the ground, waved, waved, WAVED. off he runs, sigh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

krudler wrote: »
    Trying to get a guy who summoned me to do the thing you need to do before the Earthen Peak boss, put a sign on the ground, waved, waved, WAVED. off he runs, sigh...

You know you can use voice chat right ?

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »

I have a turtle beach headset from my COD days but I wasnt going rooting that out lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Finally killed
    Ancient Dragon
    ! Ferociously tough boss. I know there's a 'cheap' way of fighting him but I avoided it for the most part. The reward is disproportionate to the fight, haha.

Only have abyss to do and I'm pretty much finished everything and ready to NG+.

Would you like to cancel your summon sign?

OK or cancel

Erm...

Would you like to cancel your summon sign?

OK or cancel

Erm...

Ha I've done that a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What! Did not know this at all.

I'm guessing that a lot of people don't either since I haven't heard anyone speak in over 20 or so summons.

It's strange, never heard anyone on it yet and I have probably done over 100 invasions/invaded now.

I heard one guy on release day use it haven't since

You have to turn it on in game options I think.

Voice Chat is set to off by default, you have to enable it in the menu.

Just saw that if you go offline and then head to the death counter in Majula, it shows how many times YOU have died and not everyone world wide. Must check it out after clearing it. I am on Undead Crypt at the moment, can anyone tell me does the end game just finish or can you continue exploring without going to NG+? Would like to keep a save file for when DLC gets released.

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just saw that if you go offline and then head to the death counter in Majula, it shows how many times YOU have dide and not everyone world wide. Must check it out after clearing it. I am on Undead Crypt at the moment, can anyone tell me does the end game just finish or can you continue exploring without going to NG+? Would like to keep a save file for when DLC gets released.
    You can keep going on and choose when you want to start NG+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just saw that if you go offline and then head to the death counter in Majula, it shows how many times YOU have dide and not everyone world wide. Must check it out after clearing it. I am on Undead Crypt at the moment, can anyone tell me does the end game just finish or can you continue exploring without going to NG+? Would like to keep a save file for when DLC gets released.

Death Couter? Where is that I totally missed it

Death Couter? Where is that I totally missed it

That tall pillar near the bonfire, click X in front of it. Way of the Blue guy is sitting to the left of it.

Just saw that if you go offline and then head to the death counter in Majula, it shows how many times YOU have died and not everyone world wide. Must check it out after clearing it. I am on Undead Crypt at the moment, can anyone tell me does the end game just finish or can you continue exploring without going to NG+? Would like to keep a save file for when DLC gets released.

I was wondering why it said 130 deaths for me last week, christ knows what it is now lol

Yeah would be interesting to see end game boardsies Death count, Soul Level, Time played & total souls (that's the huge number at the top right of the equipment menu right?)

My final stats (inclusive of about 6-7 hours of cleaning up post game stuff + maxing out Sun Covenant, I've pretty much done what I want to at this point):

Playtime: 50 hours, 30 minutes
    237 Deaths (!)
    Level 147
    Soul Level 2369484

Final attributes:
    VGR 24
    END 16
    VIT 5
    ATN 43
    STR 16
    DEX 11
    ADP 17
    INT 60
    FTH 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

205 deaths including a new personal video game record of 2 deaths before even picking my character name

how do you get the "this is Dark Souls" trophy? die in the tutorial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I wish I looked at my actual deaths when I bet the game before I started invading and ****

my actual death count right now is 639 :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

krudler wrote: »
    how do you get the "this is Dark Souls" trophy? die in the tutorial?

Do you not get it just for dying the first time? But yeah i got it in the tutorial

Advertisement