Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

krudler wrote: »
    how do you get the "this is Dark Souls" trophy? die in the tutorial?

I thought it was after your first death. Mine was against a friendly dog 5 seconds after starting the game. I thought he went for me so I swung a punch. My quickest game death ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Do you not get it just for dying the first time? But yeah i got it in the tutorial

ah ok, I musta missed when I got it, I got eaten by one of the big dudes by the lake in Things Betwixt

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I didn't die for like the first 2 hours I played...It went downhill rapidly after that though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK had to post here - finally made it past the
    3 sentinels
    Failed with 2 summoned melee attackers - I was dead in 5 seconds - my own damn fault. But stuck with it. Probably didn't help that I'm a sorcerer and until this battle I had not used a shield at all anywhere else...

My stats are rising quite high now. Level high 80s.
    INT 44
    FAI 14

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Quick question. If I'm summoned as a phantom or shade do I lose my souls if I die?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

quarryman wrote: »
    Quick question. If I'm summoned as a phantom or shade do I lose my souls if I die?

Definitely not as a phantom anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just beat the Guardian Dragon there.

Didn't find him particularly difficult, just stuck near him and put on the fire defense ring.

Woo The Rotten and scorpion bitch down, in the Pharros area now i need another stone though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Woo The Rotten and scorpion bitch down, in the Pharros area now i need another stone though

Ah don't waste them there

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

People in this game are such morons. Been stuck on the three sentinels for a week.

Beaten them ten times as a phantom but people just waste my fcuking ephigagies when when I summon them.

Jumping straight down, trying too many hits etc. One sap even left using black crystal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

tok9 wrote: »

Didn't find him particularly difficult, just stuck near him and put on the fire defense ring.

A lot of the bosses are a bit underwhelming. Its the one aspect Dark Souls 1 did much better

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    People in this game are such morons. Been stuck on the three sentinels for a week.

Beaten them ten times as a phantom but people just waste my fcuking ephigagies when when I summon them.

Jumping straight down, trying too many hits etc. One sap even left using black crystal

They are armoured so lightning miracles wreck them. My strategy was to take the first one out then lightning the guy on the ground before he got near me. the last one was easy enough on his own. Just had to take my time and not panic.

If you are taking them on melee my only advice is keep your shield up, watch your stamina and really take your time with them. You can be a long time waiting for an opening and you might only get one swipe in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That boss is really easy. I spent a while being summoned to fight him earlier (I find him and the Demon of Song most active for phantoming, and it helps they're by far some of the easiest bosses in the game), and each time was nearly a walkover. At one point I was summoned along with another caster. The host ran in, sword out, to start hacking away. The two of us, though, stood back and unleashed multiple soul geysers on him straightaway. The dragon was down before the host even had a chance to raise his sword :pac:

Yeah, don't waste your stones! Find & fight the rat and move on - hell, you don't eve have to do that if you don't want to!

I've realised I'm pretty near the end of the game and I don't think I've met anyone who can forge Boss weapons.

Who forges them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've realised I'm pretty near the end of the game and I don't think I've met anyone who can forge Boss weapons.

Who forges them?

There are two NPC's that do it. They have different options. All from memory. Excuse me if I get minor details wrong.

First Boss soul guy is at the top of the Bastille. Called Straid. He's petrified in a cell. Use a branch of Yore on him. He's right next to the bonfire. Fourth Bonfire I believe. It's called Straids Bonfire. There are explosive ghouls all over the place in that area.

Second guy/thing is Ornifex. In the Shaded woods. At the third bonfire, go up the hill and past the two....tauren warriors with axes. :P Turn right and you will see a big hole. Drop down and you see the petrify frogs and pools of acid that breaks your equipment. Free her from her cell and she then moves to Brigthtstone caverns. Remember the area with the weird look caster guys and the spiders? She's in a room there. The room is right beside the third bonfire in Brightstone.

For weapon infusions go to McDuff the blacksmith. You meet him in the Bastille I think. Remember that staircase you walk up where the big fat mummy rolls an explosive barrel down at you? Dodge it, it hits the wall and unlocks the bonfire and McDuff. You find an ember later and give it to him.

I might add that very few of the boss weapons are much use. They look cool, but there are usually better options. I have nearly them all. The Kings ultrasword does good damage so I maxed that and use that occasionally....but apart from that its fairly slim pickings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm having bother with them myself, just got there last night.

Wasted a fair few effigies but can batter them as a phantom!

EDIT: Just beat them. Summoned 2 sorcerers who really helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Who forges them?
    You probably have a few fragrant branches of yore you need to use, think of where you haven't used them.

I'm going to test out the PC version when it launches, if it works, I'm totally buying a copy. Have the original on my laptop but only works well because of DSfix, not 100% confident this one will but it would be so nice to have it accessible!

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah don't waste them there

No?

Ya turns out I had the first guy but not the second person. Thanks for the tips lads.

After finding all the bonfires now and made my way to the top of the castle.
    Just got a key off the dragon... decided not to fight it

Unfortunately on the way back I made a detour and found a door so assumed that's where I should probably go but I got a little cocky and was killed by that lad with the massive shield.

Should finish the game tomorrow.

penev10 wrote: »

When I get summoned it's into someones game who has some spells or knows what they're doing, when I summon people I'd have better luck with the cast of Police Academy at my side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

penev10 wrote: »

Me too, finally.

Christ I've literally beat them ten or eleven times but am only progressing now.

Am now hollow again due to a suicide bombing zombie.

Difference between phantoms and shades anyone?

Shades are from the small crystal and have a more limited time as a phantom I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Me too, finally.

Christ I've literally beat them ten or eleven times but am only progressing now.

Am now hollow again due to a suicide bombing zombie.

Think its the soapstone they used to put a sign down, small one is a shade i think, never summon them unless it's outside a boss fog, think they can only help you with 10 -15 enemies and for 10 minutes before they are sent home.

at the Iron Keep now, kinda reminds me of a cross between Anor Londo and Lost Izalith but without the crappy framerate. Nice familiar noise when you kill those knights too

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Good Review of Dark Souls and I agree with him in almost everything, if not everything. I know its a bit late with reviews, but he just explains a lot better what I think of DS2! :p

No?

Don't use any stones in Pharros unless your in that covenant. Its just a waste really i learned that the hard way

Don't use any stones in Pharros unless your in that covenant. Its just a waste really i learned that the hard way
    There are about 3 of them that do lead to treasure, usually messages on ground will indicate which ones clearly.

I was summoned alonside this guy in Drangleic Castle. Got invaded by the lift and i rolled into him knocking him and the invader into the abyss beneath. Needless to say this guy was not prepared to die :D

lkNL6csl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Great day today, took out the Smelter Demon (An absolute BASTARD),
    the Old Iron King (Scary Looking but not too hard) and The Rotten.
    I got the
    Forgotten Key from the hidden Giants in The Gulch also
    Just one more Great Soul to go:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I was summoned alonside this guy in Drangleic Castle. Got invaded by the lift and i rolled into him knocking him and the invader into the abyss beneath. Needless to say this guy was not prepared to die :D

Methinks he needs a nice long break from this game - clearly taking it way too seriously. The way I look at it now - if I don't die I'm not doing it right - or at least that is what I keep repeating to myself over and over...

Got toasted by the
    Lost Sinner
    , had equipped the ring of whatever so I didn't die and then
    repaired it for 3000 right after
    , wondering if that was a waste of souls I could have invested in ATN or INT instead :(

Advertisement