Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How the hell you get Bernhart of Jungo's achievement?
    I had him survive 3 boss fights, talked to him before and during memories of Orro and talked to him previously in Drangleic castle

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

tok9 wrote: »
    Definitely think carefully if you are going to use one of the bonfire ascetic. I've made Heide's quite difficult. Lot of phantoms around now.

Aldia's Keep will be +7 on my NG+ run. Whoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Aldia's Keep will be +7 on my NG+ run. Whoops.

You crazy man Remi!

I'm going to call it a night there. Probably won't get back into it until the weekend.

When I do I'm going to tackle that Dragon and Vendrick as that's all I know that I've left.

May read up a bit more to see if there were any bosses I may have missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How the hell you get Bernhart of Jungo's achievement?
    I had him survive 3 boss fights, talked to him before and during memories of Orro and talked to him previously in Drangleic castle

Are you 100% he lived on 3 battles and exhausted all the conversation in Orro? If so +1 the bonfire you can summon him on the memory of ..... can't recall the name, it's easy if you can get to the back and cast or use arrows from the safe-ish spot you can see all the attacks coming just use the red eye ring to make sure all the attention is on you.

Edit: can't recall the other 3 encounters, might be a better one if one of them is an optional boss , that way you are not going to have to suffer it as ng++ on ng+

Edit2 : I just used the red eye with lucateil in no man's , and it worked a charm for keeping her on her toes, she didn't take a single hit I was getting swarmed though wasn't prepared for the
    2 additional goons in the boss room on NG+

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

You crazy man Remi!

I'm going to call it a night there. Probably won't get back into it until the weekend.

When I do I'm going to tackle that Dragon and Vendrick as that's all I know that I've left.

May read up a bit more to see if there were any bosses I may have missed.

Yeah I didn't think they carried over and needed dragon bones. The joys of doing a blind run I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The fog gate
    (Throne of Want one I assume) holds the two - actually three, technically - final bosses. You can fight the first pair now, but the true final boss won't appear until you kill the Giant Lord I believe. If you wait until you've got that soul, then the true final boss will spawn immediately after you defeat the other two, so it might be preferable to fight them now and avoid that.

The standard giant souls only affect a certain optional boss.

I never realised that, thought I just had the lord giant, ancient dragon and vendrick left.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    Are you 100% he lived on 3 battles and exhausted all the conversation in Orro? If so +1 the bonfire you can summon him on the memory of ..... can't recall the name, it's easy if you can get to the back and cast or use arrows from the safe-ish spot you can see all the attacks coming just use the red eye ring to make sure all the attention is on you.

Edit: can't recall the other 3 encounters, might be a better one if one of them is an optional boss , that way you are not going to have to suffer it as ng++ on ng+

Edit2 : I just used the red eye with lucateil in no man's , and it worked a charm for keeping her on her toes, she didn't take a single hit I was getting swarmed though wasn't prepared for the
    2 additional goons in the boss room on NG+

He definitely survived against
    Mirror knight, first boss in brightstone cove and the 2 throne watchers. Do you summon him in one of the memories too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

This is really weird.

Just took off all of my armour as I wanted to do a run and jump. My character is wearing a bra!? My character was male and is now female! WTF!???

He definitely survived against
    Mirror knight, first boss in brightstone cove and the 2 throne watchers. Do you summon him in one of the memories too?

You can yes, thats how I messed it up didn't see it . and unlike Lucateil who fecks off once you talk to her in her final location he'll stay put.

It's totally possible if you know you didn't meet her 3 , and didn't mess up the sorcerer guy like i did to get this 1000gs or platinum in NG by +1 select bonfires , wish I'd done some more reading and was a little more careful before pulling the trigger on NG+ now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Did you happen to hop into a coffin?

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    This is really weird.

Just took off all of my armour as I wanted to do a run and jump. My character is wearing a bra!? My character was male and is now female! WTF!???

Did you get into the coffin in things betwixed?

You can yes, thats how I messed it up didn't see it . and unlike Lucateil who fecks off once you talk to her in her final location he'll stay put.

Which one and where is the sign? Also where is his final location? he was sitting near the giant tree behind Pursuer's first location last I saw him but was gone after I came out of the memory.

nm: just found the summon sign, christ he'll never survive this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Haha that coffin is such a troll!

Can't wait to get back at this tomorrow :D

Which one and where is the sign? Also where is his final location? he was sitting near the giant tree behind Pursuer's first location last I saw him but was gone after I came out of the memory.

Yeah thats fine, he's supposed to do that his final spot where he will always stay and not move from then is
    Memory of Orro, can summon him too in Memory of Jeigh Down the Stairs from Captain Drummond's Soul sign. That should be the fourth fight, you need 3/4 then talk to him in Orro for the stuff

Yeah thats fine, he's supposed to do that his final spot where he will always stay and not move from then is
    Memory of Orro, can summon him too in Memory of Jeigh Down the Stairs from Captain Drummond's Soul sign. That should be the fourth fight, you need 3/4 then talk to him in Orro for the stuff

AH 3/4 isn't too bad,
    getting him past the first 2 giants and fireballs is very unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Did you happen to hop into a coffin?
    Did you get into the coffin in things betwixed?

Yup:rolleyes:

Sex-change coffin:D

Aaahh never saw his summon at the giant lord fight, will def summon him and drummond for that fight.

ffs summoned him for Giant Lord, he didn't survive but he definitely survived 3 other times yet in the memory he just says the same thing over and over again.

I'd say get yourself two attunement slots (ATN - 13) and grab yourself two of the game's strongest pyromancies. Your flame is beefed up by fire seeds instead of titanite so there's no concern in terms of resources (I probably had enough by game's end to have nearly two flames at +10). Pyromancies have no extra requirements and firestorm particularly is immensely powerful. Might give you that extra edge without having to respec.

Well did belfry luna there with invasions and gargoyles solo on ng+ I could be summoned but could see no signs :(

+7 Dark Flame and firestorm did indeed give me an massive edge !!!!!! 3 invaders, one was a 2 on 1, and the gargoyles dead in the same run !!!!!!!! :pac:

ugh Vendrick can go **** himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

ugh Vendrick can go **** himself.

Stay exactly level to the side of his left foot and he cant hit you. When he jumps back just run up and get to the same position

Stay exactly level to the side of his left foot and he cant hit you. When he jumps back just run up and get to the same position

Yeah that's what I've been trying to do, had him down to a quarter health there then he did a move i'd never seen before and one shotted me.

In NG+ im in the bell covenant and im constantly getting invaded. Im invading others aswell but its just a constant loop of invasion then getting invaded myself :confused:

In NG+ im in the bell covenant and im constantly getting invaded. Im invading others aswell but its just a constant loop of invasion then getting invaded myself :confused:

How do you mean? Are you hanging around in one of the Belfry locations? If you're in Belfry Sol or Luna you'll get invaded like anyone else, you'll get summoned to invade from anywhere as long as you're wearing the ring so there's no need to be in those areas.

you'll know it's looking for someone to invade if the symbol is flashing by your health bar. There's a few areas it won't work, Majula being one of them. I used to just hang around the start of Iron Keep or the servants quarters bonfire when waiting to invade.

How do you mean? Are you hanging around in one of the Belfry locations? If you're in Belfry Sol or Luna you'll get invaded like anyone else, you'll get summoned to invade from anywhere as long as you're wearing the ring so there's no need to be in those areas.

you'll know it's looking for someone to invade if the symbol is flashing by your health bar. There's a few areas it won't work, Majula being one of them. I used to just hang around the start of Iron Keep or the servants quarters bonfire when waiting to invade.

I presumed when your in the covenant you wont get invaded. I went in to take on the gargoyles and it was just 30 minutes of non stop pvp. Can't complain though it was enjoyable but im too worn out to bother with the gargoyles after all that

I presumed when your in the covenant you wont get invaded. I went in to take on the gargoyles and it was just 30 minutes of non stop pvp. Can't complain though it was enjoyable but im too worn out to bother with the gargoyles after all that

Thats exactly what was going on with me , couldn't see any signs at the boss for at all and constant invasions, tried putting the ring on but that just got me insta-summoned, so had to go it alone and was surprised how weak the gargoyles were.

I think the only reason I was bothering was for the
    key to make the sinner fight easier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Finally got it last night!

Anyway, literally just started and not hugely experienced with this but was thinking of going for warrior class, and try and focus on have good blocking/shields. I think Poise and Stamina are probably good for this?

Basically any beginner advice in this regard would be really cool! :D

Finally killed the Giant Lord. Only Drummon had a summon sign, none for Ben fella. I had one hop off the Ancient Dragon....yeah....4 giant souls will do me, off to Vendrick!!

Noopti wrote: »
    Finally got it last night!

Anyway, literally just started and not hugely experienced with this but was thinking of going for warrior class, and try and focus on have good blocking/shields. I think Poise and Stamina are probably good for this?

Basically any beginner advice in this regard would be really cool! :D

A bastard sword or claymore is a good weapon if you find one early on. The drangleic shield is pretty good you can get it after beating the pursuer boss.
    Don't rely too much on your shield though your stamina will take a hammering after a few hits.

Id say level up VIT END and STR a lot then slowly level up VIG and ADP. Practice rolling and take it slow and you'll get to grips with it in no time. You will die a lot :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

A bastard sword or claymore is a good weapon if you find one early on. The drangleic shield is pretty good you can get it after beating the pursuer boss.
    Don't rely too much on your shield though your stamina will take a hammering after a few hits.

Id say level up VIT END and STR a lot then slowly level up VIG and ADP. Practice rolling and take it slow and you'll get to grips with it in no time. You will die a lot :p

Thanks....um....Jesus :D

Advertisement