Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can my kind of stuttering be cured/reduced?

Options
  • 08-12-2012 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'd say the type of stuttering i have is blocks. I barely talk because i still feel like I'd stutter, but i barely stutter anymore. I can easily talk and have a decent but short conversation with people, present something in class (It depends how comfortable i am though), talk on the phone, ask questions, etc, etc. I'm a pretty confident guy i'd say except when i talk to girls im interested in :/ ha. Anyways... like i said, people can't tell that i have a speech impediment when i speak. The only problems i have is the letters B, P, K, C and some other ones i think. The letter B is probably the hardest one of all, and P is pretty up their too. Sometimes i can get it out perfectly fine and sometimes i get the brick wall if you know what i mean. I believe anxiety plays a huge role in my stammering, but I'm not entirely sure. I'd say my stammering is mild, but it can get bad if i start playing video games for some reason. Therefore i can't play video games or else my stuttering gets like 10 times worse. Anyone know of anything that can possibly help my kind of stammering?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

lookado wrote: »
    I'd say the type of stuttering i have is blocks. I barely talk because i still feel like I'd stutter, but i barely stutter anymore. I can easily talk and have a decent but short conversation with people, present something in class (It depends how comfortable i am though), talk on the phone, ask questions, etc, etc. I'm a pretty confident guy i'd say except when i talk to girls im interested in :/ ha. Anyways... like i said, people can't tell that i have a speech impediment when i speak. The only problems i have is the letters B, P, K, C and some other ones i think. The letter B is probably the hardest one of all, and P is pretty up their too. Sometimes i can get it out perfectly fine and sometimes i get the brick wall if you know what i mean. I believe anxiety plays a huge role in my stammering, but I'm not entirely sure. I'd say my stammering is mild, but it can get bad if i start playing video games for some reason. Therefore i can't play video games or else my stuttering gets like 10 times worse. Anyone know of anything that can possibly help my kind of stammering?

Rather than re-write my posts in the thread 'Personal experiences with stuttering', please take a look and see if the content is of any use to you - I explain about the 'B' sound and a possible solution - i.e. how I unblock. Any questions about it - feel free to ask.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79511927&postcount=7

Advertisement