Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to open ports on UPC 2425

• 08-12-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Looking to open up some ports on the upc modem/wireless router but cannot find an answer that will work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Am I asking in the wrong section. Someone must of done this. I use to go into my old dsl router/modem and open up ports. Anything I have come across online so far does not work. IF its not possible to open ports on the UPC router whats the work around

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is it a Thomson?

Cisco, only 6months old so I presume one of the newer ones

The reason I am looking to open ports so as to run a minecraft sever over the local network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

you need access to the advanced mode of the modem, however you will need an additional username/password for access to that section. Ironically I'm also looking for those details, as I want to setup a few port forwarding rules for some wifi cctv cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

From the sticky:
    jor el wrote: »
    To change any setting on the modem, you need to log on to it. In a web browser, enter 192.168.1.1 which will bring you to the log on page. Leave the username and password blank. Press OK (not Cancel) to log on. Most of the settings you will want to change are under the Advanced tab.

If you're only running a minecraft server on a local network (as in, just between home computers, and not the internet) then there should be no need to open any ports.

However:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Cisco/EPC2425/Minecraft_Server.htm

Advertisement