Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over Ear Headphones

• 08-12-2012 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi,

I've decided to invest in a new set of good quality over ear headphones, but there are so many to choose from that I don't even know where to begin. So, it would be great if people could recommend some pairs.

I want to spend about €150-€180 to make sure that I get a decent pair. I also want a pair that a very comfortable, so one of those leather-lined, soft cushioned sets would be nice. Also, I'm not too caught up on the whole noise-cancelling feature as I intent on only using these for home use.

But of course, the most important thing is that they must have extremely high fidelity sound quality with a decent amount of bass but are still able to pick up on those subtle little details in the treble and have an excellent mid-range.

Some of the headphones that I have been looking at so far are:
    AKG K550
    Sennheiser HD598
    Bose AE2

So please help me out and give me some recommendations. Also if anyone knows any shops in Dublin that stock good quality headphones, (apart from the usual Currys & Harvey Norman etc), please let me know.

Thanks a million,
    Hugo.

Advertisement