Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering a HDD?

Options
  • 08-12-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

Hi, One of my hdd's got messed up when i think i accidently deleted the partition when i was reinstalling windows 8 and selected the wrong hdd. what app can i use to recover the data off of it?

On windows it now keeps telling me i need to reformat it :(

any advice?

Edit: i tried getdataback andit doesnts eem to scan r do anything?

i chose teh default settings from the first screen and then on step 1 i chose my hdd thats damaged.

in step 2 nothing happens. it doesnt scan or do anything and on step 3 it doesnt display any of my files.

see screenshots below:

step2yi.png

step3jd.png

I have also tried TestDisk and what happens in TestDisk is that when itry to fix and rebuild the mft, it says this:

MFT and MFT mirror are bad. Failed to repair them.

Here is the status of that hdd under Testdrive:

testdrive.png

I also tried this app and got no results when i tried to recover the files. i keep getting this error:

anotherapp.png

Last but not least, i tried Recuva and that simply sais that that it is unable to read the MFT?

Any suggestions? i have tried various apps already and none of them seem to work

Comments

Advertisement