Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech keypad screen not working

Options
  • 08-12-2012 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭

I have an air tech cd3008 keypad and the screen on it appears to have stopped working. It lights up but there is no display, it still works, but you can't see anything. Any ideas? Would it be easy to replace?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can still get them if you look around.
    If you open the keypad there is a pot for adjusting the contrast. You could try turning that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭irishguy

Thanks I tried that without luck. Every few seconds a few horizontal lines flash accross on the screen for a second. Do you know could I use one of the newer keypads to replace this one, as I don't think they make it any more. Also I assume its just a matter of disconnecting the old one and connecting the new one. Nothing else needs to be changed?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes , Its sounds like the keypad alright.
    Only that type keypad will work with that panel.
    I might have a couple of old ones floating around. Remind me on Monday & ill take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭irishguy

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes , Its sounds like the keypad alright.
    Only that type keypad will work with that panel.
    I might have a couple of old ones floating around. Remind me on Monday & ill take a look.

Thanks ill get back to you Monday to remind you. I assume I can just swap in a replacement? I don't have the engineer code

Yes it will work fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement