Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jtag update - have I bricked it?

• 08-12-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭

EDIT:

I've managed to change my kernel to 16197 using this tutorial (with the latest BestPig tool) and the console loads into the MS dash.

But I've lost the ability to boot into both XEXmenu and FSD. Have I just ruined my jtag? What do I do now. I have a copy of the nand dump and CPU key.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Elessar wrote: »
    EDIT:

I've managed to change my kernel to 16197 using this tutorial (with the latest BestPig tool) and the console loads into the MS dash.

But I've lost the ability to boot into both XEXmenu and FSD. Have I just ruined my jtag? What do I do now. I have a copy of the nand dump and CPU key.

No you haven't ruined it you just need to download the f3 installer from real mod scene and burn the ISO to disc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Is following that tutorial all that's involved in updating your dashboard? I thought you needed hardware to update your dash. That will give me something to do now over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You do not need any hardware to update your dashboard but you shouldn't use Bestpig's tool either - there are better ways now :)

We maintain a mega-thread on JTAGs/RGH consoles here on Console Modding, the instructions for updating are here

Thanks for that TouchingVirus, plenty there to keep me busy.

Started the update processes there and I'm up as far as getting my CPU key but I can't boot into Xell Reloaded. I power on by using the eject button but nothing happens. I haven't updated anything since I got my console back from Docentore after he did my RGH so everything should be as he left it. I did install Freestyle dash 2.2 but thats about it. So how can I get into the menu. I can still get into xexmenu 1.1 and boots fine into freestlye dash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Is the console connected by HDMI? Try composite cable

That did the trick, thanks so much for that. I take it you can't have hdmi connected for doing these upgrades

Advertisement