Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor network

Options
  • 08-12-2012 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭

Whats others opnions of Meteor. On vodafone at the moment and thinking of switching. Use very small amounts of data each month so it would be pay as you go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I just downgraded to sim only plan. For 17.50/month you get 250 anytime minutes and texts, with unlimited texts to meteor mobiles. 100MB of internet, too. Not sure how much pay as you go costs...
    Make sure you have good reception where you live/work before you switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭billyhead

wonski wrote: »
    I just downgraded to sim only plan. For 17.50/month you get 250 anytime minutes and texts, with unlimited texts to meteor mobiles. 100MB of internet, too. Not sure how much pay as you go costs...
    Make sure you have good reception where you live/work before you switch.

Cheers. Sorry for the stupid question but how much time on the internet browsing would you get with 100Mb? Also I presume you are charged extra if you exceed this or once you reach this limit each month you cannot access the internet. and can you just clarify what 250 anytime minutes gives you. Is this like 250 minutes per month on calls/texts to other phones

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

billyhead wrote: »
    Cheers. Sorry for the stupid question but how much time on the internet browsing would you get with 100Mb? Also I presume you are charged extra if you exceed this or once you reach this limit each month you cannot access the internet. and can you just clarify what 250 anytime minutes gives you. Is this like 250 minutes per month on calls/texts to other phones

Yes, you have to be sure to stay within 100MB limit, otherwise you will pay extra...You mentioned you use very small amount of data, so i assumed you use very little. 100MB is very little indeed, but for some it is enough.
    250 minutes per month, and 250 texts too. Apart from that texts to meteor are free. These phonecalls/texts do not include non-regional/international calls/texts.

If you are worried about internet, there is another sim only plan with 1GB allowance, 200 minutes/texts for 20euro/month. Works out cheaper than pay and go, but if you start to make international calls etc, the bill is going to rise.
    Have a look at plans of all providers, including new lyca, and make sure you get best plan for your needs.
    Meteor isn't bad, but this depends on what you need, and which network has best reception in the areas you spend most of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

Whats others opnions of Meteor. On vodafone at the moment and thinking of switching. Use very small amounts of data each month so it would be pay as you go[/Quote/

Do yourself a favour and avoid them like the plague-non existent customer service and horrendous network issues!Don't believe me?try them yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

Whats others opnions of Meteor. On vodafone at the moment and thinking of switching. Use very small amounts of data each month so it would be pay as you go[/Quote/

Do yourself a favour and avoid them like the plague-non existent customer service and horrendous network issues!Don't believe me?try them yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

coolhandc wrote: »

Switched over myself 10 days in and they still can't get my add ons working complete joke ill be moving once my credit is used. Never thought id say this but id rather deal with Three's Customer Service.

Advertisement