Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - roadmap/schedule for exchange upgrades?

Options
  • 08-12-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is there a schedule published showing when Eircom expect to have customers upgrades to next generation DSL around the country?

I work from home and trying to figure out if I need to make alternative plans in 2013 as my 2Mb service (while very reliable) may not be enough for my future work plans.

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

That site, NGB.ie has been pulled off the net by eircom. Around 1 in 3 exchanges now has NGB , slightly north of 400 exchanges out of over 1200. They are still enabling a few on occasion.

PM Tony or Mark to see if your own exchange is on an upgrade list. NGB will not get you a faster service than you have now except maybe at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Hi

Is there a schedule published showing when Eircom expect to have customers upgrades to next generation DSL around the country?

I work from home and trying to figure out if I need to make alternative plans in 2013 as my 2Mb service (while very reliable) may not be enough for my future work plans.

Thanks!

Hi BailMeOut

I'm afraid there is no online NGB site available. If you PM me your phone number I will check this out for you?

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Hi BailMeOut

I'm afraid there is no online NGB site available. If you PM me your phone number I will check this out for you?

Regards
    Linda

PM sent - thanks Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

just following up on this. Turns out my exchange was just upgraded and my bandwidth has been doubled. Voice quality is now also so much better with all the crackles gone!

Thanks Eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi BailMeOut

I'm glad to hear the good news, enjoy!

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement