Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Pubs Dublin

Options
  • 08-12-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Just trying to see where there is any Leinster pubs. Being a Tallaght man, Bradys in Terenure would be my closest but its not officially a Rugby pub. On the massive big screen(projector) a couple of weeks ago they had Liverpool, and the small tv in the resteraunt had the Ire rugby match! Go figure... and Terenure being a well known rugby village.

I should Add nothing North of the Liffey, to far

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Searson's on Baggot St. surely would show all the Leinster games.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Searson's on Baggot St. surely would show all the Leinster games.

Ah yeah, but would it have a big leinster crowd?

Looking for a pub that would be full of fans, most pubs would show ye game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Ah yeah, but would it have a big leinster crowd?

Looking for a pub that would be full of fans, most pubs would show ye game.

Kielys Donnybrook will be jammers with Leinster fans. The Woolshed will have both Leinster and Clermont fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Sinnotts underneathe Stephens Green Shopping Centre would have a big rugby crowd

Kielys Donnybrook will be jammers with Leinster fans. The Woolshed will have both Leinster and Clermont fans

Really, that's good to know. I'll swing by there. Kielys that is.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Really, that's good to know. I'll swing by there. Kielys that is.

Thanks

Yeah it's always good fun, they usually do an offer as well free pint of Heineken if Leinster score the first try or win or something.

Yeah it's always good fun, they usually do an offer as well free pint of Heineken if Leinster score the first try or win or something.

Well now :)
    That's exactly where I need to be watching leinster games.

I've been dying to find a leinster specific pub. I guess I'll have to practicing my D4 accent heading to donnybrook

Well now :)
    That's exactly where I need to be watching leinster games.

I've been dying to find a leinster specific pub. I guess I'll have to practicing my D4 accent heading to donnybrook

Ah don't worry about the D4 accent once you are roaring for Leinster everyone is welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Kieleys or the Horse Show House would probably be your best bets.

Have a gander on leinsterfans.com for any more ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I should Add nothing North of the Liffey, to far

The Yacht in Clontarf shows Leinster games, and has a big Leinster crowd when I've been there during games. It's only a 10 minute drive from town too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The Orchard in Rathfarnham is closest good rugby pub I know to Tallaght, or the Dropping Well in Rathgar.

THE main Leinster bars are the Horse Show House in ballsbridge (particularly on match days) and Kielys in Donnybrook is packed for just about any Leinster game home or away - definitely the pub of choice for games - as good an atmosphere as being at the game for big games (like Heineken Cup).

Other than that, you would mostly just get generic rugby pubs rather than Leinster ones, being a cosmopolitan city that we have, pub owners don't want to alienate any corner of their potential business, but Slatterys on Bath Avenue / Shelbourne road gets a big Leinster crowd in for Heineken Cup games.

For the best Leinster pubs, you're looking mostly around Dublin 4, in or around the vancinity of the grounds (Donnybrook, RDS and Lansdowne) and you can't go wrong. Most places on Bagott St. too.

On the North side, the Yacht in Clontarf, the Fairview Inn or Ivy House Drumcondra.

If you go the extra mile to Kileys you wont regret it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

You will regret it. The drink in kielys is muck. Mcsorleys in ranelagh is a far better option in my humble opinion.

Advertisement