Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile: billing issue

Options
  • 08-12-2012 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

I switched to eMobile mid October after I saw the "Select 300" offer on their website and did the switch in-store. Unbeknown to me, the same product costs TWICE the rate if you sign up in store (€44) than online, which is €22. I signed up in-store expecting to get the web rate and discovered this wasn't the case when an unexpectedly large bill arrived for the first month.

I returned to the eMobile store, explained what happened, and all credit to whom I dealt with therein, they arranged with Customer Care for the first bill to be rectified and to be charged at the "online" rate, and that this rate would also be applied on my account going forward.

The second bill issued in the last day or so, and again the in-store rather than online billing rate has been applied. Customer Care were contacted again today and they say they have a note of what happened previously but that I must return to the eMobile store to have this looked at again, and that there is nothing CC can do. :confused:

Can someone from eMobile comment on this and provide guidance / assistance on getting this matter sorted once and for all please?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

shamwari wrote: »
    I switched to eMobile mid October after I saw the "Select 300" offer on their website and did the switch in-store. Unbeknown to me, the same product costs TWICE the rate if you sign up in store (€44) than online, which is €22. I signed up in-store expecting to get the web rate and discovered this wasn't the case when an unexpectedly large bill arrived for the first month.

I returned to the eMobile store, explained what happened, and all credit to whom I dealt with therein, they arranged with Customer Care for the first bill to be rectified and to be charged at the "online" rate, and that this rate would also be applied on my account going forward.

The second bill issued in the last day or so, and again the in-store rather than online billing rate has been applied. Customer Care were contacted again today and they say they have a note of what happened previously but that I must return to the eMobile store to have this looked at again, and that there is nothing CC can do. :confused:

Can someone from eMobile comment on this and provide guidance / assistance on getting this matter sorted once and for all please?

Hi shamwari,

If you PM your mobile number and pin I can look into this for you.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Hi Grainne and many thanks for coming back to me. I've just been back to the eMobile store this morning and called CC. It looks like this issue has been resolved by the Retention dept. So fingers crossed... ;):D

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

shamwari wrote: »
    Hi Grainne and many thanks for coming back to me. I've just been back to the eMobile store this morning and called CC. It looks like this issue has been resolved by the Retention dept. So fingers crossed... ;):D

Glad to hear that shamwari,

Post here if you have any other queries.

Grainne

Advertisement