Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Buddy / Running Buddy

Options
  • 08-12-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering would anyone be interested in becoming a running or gym buddy.

I totally lack the motivation to get out there and do it on my own and am much better when I know that someone else is relying on me.

I am female btw. I joined the fit for life running club but I am not at a standard yet that I could go out and run for 5k.

If anyone could help or knows someone that may be interested, could you PM me?

Thanks a mill x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

what about joining something like fit2go bootcamp?
    http://www.facebook.com/fittogo.bootcamp/info?ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

What kinds of times are you available: evening/morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Either really. I start work at 8 or 8.30 and finish between 5 - 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yguerin

verywell wrote: »
    Either really. I start work at 8 or 8.30 and finish between 5 - 6.
    Hi, just wondering if u still want a running buddy?? I work in town and would be up for meeting one or two evenings. I have small kids so it's been hard to get out but I plan to change all that!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

School times would have been the only times I could have committed to. My husband works very odd shifts - so other than school times it is a tad topsy turvy :rolleyes:

Best of luck with the running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

Hi,

I am wondering would anyone be interested in becoming a running or gym buddy.

I totally lack the motivation to get out there and do it on my own and am much better when I know that someone else is relying on me.

I am female btw. I joined the fit for life running club but I am not at a standard yet that I could go out and run for 5k.

If anyone could help or knows someone that may be interested, could you PM me?

Thanks a mill x

I might be interested - I also work similar hours, I'm living in the town, you?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Hi all. I got sorted. In case any of ye are interested....
    I joined the fit for life which is only €3 per week and I can run with the group or on my own as often as I want. Its at St. Laurence O'Toole track near Askea church every tues at 8. Wed at 5.15 and Thurs at 8.

Not 100% sure but it may be a female only class.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

Hi all. I got sorted. In case any of ye are interested....
    I joined the fit for life which is only €3 per week and I can run with the group or on my own as often as I want. Its at St. Laurence O'Toole track near Askea church every tues at 8. Wed at 5.15 and Thurs at 8.

Not 100% sure but it may be a female only class.

Askea is a bit away from the town centre isn't it? And pardon my ignorance but what does Fit4Life do??

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

PinkBottle wrote: »
    Askea is a bit away from the town centre isn't it? And pardon my ignorance but what does Fit4Life do??

:)

The running track is about a 5 min. walk from Shamrock square. So not that far outside of the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

Fit for Life is a group of people who get together in SLOT 4/5 times a week. Abillity ranges from really, reallly fast to people who are complete beginners who want to get fit. You can run as far and as fast as you want so there is no problem if you think you will be way slower than all other people there. James is the coach and he is one of the most sound men you could meet. I dont think you could go wrong here.

Best of luck with the running

• Advertisement
Advertisement