Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Champions 8, The Comeback Tour(nament) - Jan 5th 2013 - THE CLARENCE Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Anyone from Cork interested in heading to this? I'm tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

should i play akuma the whole tournament to make it fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ladnopoka wrote: »
    should i play akuma the whole tournament to make it fair

Your Akuma is so ****e it insults every Mortal Kombat players Akuma

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Nutrient wrote: »

Happy Birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

my akuma is godlike, i can do that demon flippy thing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

my akuma is godlike, i can do that demon flippy thing :pac:

Better than ladno's already!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I think SFxT 2v2 scramble would be hilarious.

Imagine trying to commentate that **** in a professional (or hyperactive) manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Lythero wrote: »
    I think SFxT 2v2 scramble would be hilarious.

Imagine trying to commentate that **** in a professional (or hyperactive) manner.

See the thing we discovered was brilliantly fun about that mode is that people actually get stupidly competitive and develop tactics and stuff, but its all overcast by the ridiculousness of it all. The commentaries are probably gonna be the best bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I may have accidently voted for Dead or Alive... Was trying to vote Tekken!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Kuro Tao wrote: »

Don't lie you just wanted to see all them bouncing dead or alive boobies at the tournament.

• Advertisement

Don't lie you just wanted to see all them bouncing dead or alive boobies at the tournament.

I did

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

That's kuro dude who plays 2 laws, tekken beast. The guy you're lookin for is kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Kuro Tao wrote: »

Lol.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    That's kuro dude who plays 2 laws, tekken beast. The guy you're lookin for is kiki
    :(
    I clearly voted for Guilty Gear.

Nothing hotter than Jam.

Given that you can check this via the poll Aileen, could you use my vote for tekken instead of 3s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Same with mine since Guilty Gear likely won't be out in time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ah here lads, do you not think she's got enough work to do without everyone changing their minds? :D

Ah here lads, do you not think she's got enough work to do without everyone changing their minds? :D

Absolutely not.

**** this lets just vote for more Mahvel!

SSF4:AE 2012
    MARVEL
    More MAHVEL
    MAHVEL 3V3
    MAHVEL **** talkers VS Lythero:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

More tekken votes, mwahaaaaaaaaa!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Careful or I'll edit out all those Tekken votes. ;P

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Absolutely not.

>. <

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

as long as AE/marvel are there, i'm on the emerald isle during this time so i'll probably turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

**** this lets just vote for more Mahvel!

SSF4:AE 2012
    MARVEL
    More MAHVEL
    MAHVEL 3V3
    MAHVEL **** talkers VS Lythero:pac:

Marvel, best game ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 3 games. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Best of 3 Marvel?Every tournament has started running best of 5 for Marvel since March so it would be awesome that could be changed.As far as time is concerned best of 5 marvel still finishes faster than best of 3 sf and tekken

C0unter wrote: »
    Best of 3 Marvel?Every tournament has started running best of 5 for Marvel since March so it would be awesome that could be changed.As far as time is concerned best of 5 marvel still finishes faster than best of 3 sf and tekken

And best of 1 kof:pac:

C0unter wrote: »

Honestly this is mostly because of running time, there are usually a lot of UMvC matches to run and all those little extra couple of minutes add up to us being there for an extra hour. We're limited in set-ups so i try to avoid putting more pressure on to get finished. Generally if it looks like we're running on or ahead of schedule come Semis time the remaining matches are best of 5, subject to the consent of the players left in the comp. I learned a long time ago to err on the side of caution when it comes to running times. THAT day of KoF taught me that and i'll never forgive Doom totally for it. He reset the bracket in the grand final. If i'm not mistake it was ~30min total. Hence Nutrients above comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Honestly this is mostly because of running time, there are usually a lot of UMvC matches to run and all those little extra couple of minutes add up to us being there for an extra hour. We're limited in set-ups so i try to avoid putting more pressure on to get finished. Generally if it looks like we're running on or ahead of schedule come Semis time the remaining matches are best of 5, subject to the consent of the players left in the comp. I learned a long time ago to err on the side of caution when it comes to running times. THAT day of KoF taught me that and i'll never forgive Doom totally for it. He reset the bracket in the grand final. If i'm not mistake it was ~30min total. Hence Nutrients above comment.
    Hey, cut Doom some slack. Wasn't entirely his fault... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

We ran MvC 3/5 last DoC, it wasn't any huge tang if I remember properly. Just make sure people have their games lined up.
    Could be misremembering though.

And that the ****ing consoles don't **** the inputs :pac:

• Advertisement

Voa wrote: »
    We ran MvC 3/5 last DoC, it wasn't any huge tang if I remember properly. Just make sure people have their games lined up.
    Could be misremembering though.

And that the ****ing consoles don't **** the inputs :pac:

best 2/3 is agreeably the best option in terms of time constraints

just make losers finale and/or GF 3/5 if time allows.

Advertisement