Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Champions 8, The Comeback Tour(nament) - Jan 5th 2013 - THE CLARENCE Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Drop Sfxt scramble and give the marvel players 3/5

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

That'd be a shame.

What are the rules for SFxT? It could be made best of 1 single elim. That way it'll be even less serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Voa wrote: »
    We ran MvC 3/5 last DoC, it wasn't any huge tang if I remember properly. Just make sure people have their games lined up.
    Could be misremembering though.

And that the ****ing consoles don't **** the inputs :pac:

i got that console as well but we switched after the 1st round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm up for dropping SFxT scramble for extra time for other games, it just sounds like stress playing scramble lol with getting 4 players and usb adapters and actually playing the mode itself.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    getting 4 players and usb adapters

Clearly it needs to be wireless pads only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Alright i've got a compromise as far as the marvel situation goes, i'm going to hold off promising it'll either be best of 3 or 5 until the day, if a ridiculous number of people turn up i'm afraid it will just have to be best of 3, otherwise it'll be best of 5, and not to be a dictator or anything but i'll make the call, after consulting with a few of the other expeienced T.O.s that will be there.

As far as the side-game, having talked to a few people and reading the posts about it i think the SFxT thing would be more hassle than its worth, so instead we're gonna run ST, which will be a time-saver too as its so short, and at the moment it looks probable that TTT2 will be our final game in the line-up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

ST and TTT2 you say, sounds good because then everyone is happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ST and TTT2 you say, sounds good because then everyone is happy. :)

Still think Mahvel tournament was best tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

The effort of trying to run something silly and fun is still appreciated Aileen.
    Running ST (which is not at all silly, but very fun and extremely quick) is a fine compromise.

For future logistic plannings of silly events: I do have a rock band USB hub (I'm sure Onion does as well) for Stekkamble Mode. I also have enough Nintendo kit for nearly two Smash Bros Melee set-ups of 4 players each (nearly).

I can't think of any other really silly sidegames, unless we can somehow steal the source code to run DiveKick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I can't think of any other really silly sidegames

HnK side tourney, decide the destiny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

New model Xbox has 5 USB ports too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    New model Xbox has 5 USB ports too

Hard enough to get people to bring their xboxes, let alone demand elites :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

HnK side tourney, decide the destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Anyone bringing a console with TTT2, can you make sure it's patched so I can annoy people by sliding into them with Miharu, ktnx.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

Hey guys I wanna join the umvc3 one but I dont know where Exchange is =p.

If I make it is there going to be casuals while other tournaments are happening?

I havent played marvel on an xbox before and I gotta get used to playing on the xbox pad a lil bit at least.:P Hopefully ppl can help me set up button config with it cos Ive no clue how to use an xbox hehehe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

MrHorse wrote: »
    Hey guys I wanna join the umvc3 one but I dont know where Exchange is =p.

If I make it is there going to be casuals while other tournaments are happening?

I havent played marvel on an xbox before and I gotta get used to playing on the xbox pad a lil bit at least.:P Hopefully ppl can help me set up button config with it cos Ive no clue how to use an xbox hehehe:D

The Exchange Temple Bar = https://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&q=the+exchange+temple+bar+dublin&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.ZG4&bpcl=40096503&biw=1366&bih=667&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

there should be plenty of casuals going on so don't worry about getting in a few games.

also, if you play default settings for your controller then you would be using "type-a" where as most stick players would be using "type-b". type a, b and y are the same on the Xbox and the PS pad so it won't be too difficult to set up.

all the face buttons will be the same while L1, L2, R1 and R2 on the PS pad will be LB (left shoulder button), LT (left trigger) RB and RT.

also, if you live in the Dublin, you can come to our weekly gatherings at the XGC for some offline casuals and hang out with the Dublin community. new players are always welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

Thanks for the reply btw. Now the next problem Ive to tackle is actually trying to borrow an xbox controller from someone lol. I will c if I can show up to some weeklys after the event.

Oh and btw

Happy Xmas and New Year every1 =]

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

As a side event, making sure not to take away from the tournament setups at all, I would like to play a FT5 (or even better F10) on SF4AE2012, where both players, win or lose, MUST pick random select their character. If anyone's up for it, I think it'd be fun. If just the fun isn't enough... money match? Am I throwing down a gauntlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

As the king of random select, I offer myself to the challenge.

Kanped wrote: »
    As a side event, making sure not to take away from the tournament setups at all, I would like to play a FT5 (or even better F10) on SF4AE2012, where both players, win or lose, MUST pick random select their character. If anyone's up for it, I think it'd be fun. If just the fun isn't enough... money match? Am I throwing down a gauntlet?
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    As the king of random select, I offer myself to the challenge.

This won't go well at all :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Calling Naphiel to this thread, show these frauds how random matches are done.

Time allowing ofc I'd love to do a mm with somebody, give a taste of that Baa fight feel

Either my good pal Lythero who thinks Ill of me or **** talker Doyler :pac:

tbh a FT5 mm with everyone or anyone would be top notch

I'll money match my Gamestop cards that I won at Eirtakon, since I cannot use them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

Nutrient wrote: »
    Time allowing ofc I'd love to do a mm with somebody, give a taste of that Baa fight feel

Either my good pal Lythero who thinks Ill of me or **** talker Doyler :pac:

tbh a FT5 mm with everyone or anyone would be top notch

Pads vs sticks team tourney, Nutrient and Lythero put their differences aside and join forces against the evil Onion and Doyler.

Raawron wrote: »
    Pads vs sticks team tourney, Nutrient and Lythero put their differences aside and join forces against the Salty Onion and rusty Doyler.

I like your style

Raawron wrote: »
    Pads vs sticks team tourney, Viewtiful Lythero and his clumbsy yet faithful sidekick Nutrient put their differences aside and join forces against the Salty Onion and rusty Doyler.

It's genius. Doom would be rolling in ad-money for a lifetime.

Lythero wrote: »
    It's genius. Doom would be rolling in ad-money for a lifetime.

We can buy all the Pipes, Cap shields and Custard creams we desire!

Whenever talks of a trailer arise we should make a quick 'aftershock' interview-like vid and the trailer should have exibition matchs inside

E.g
    Uberpenny Vs Kiki
    Cobel vs Ladno's sick Honda
    Doyler Vs LiquidSword (Better player :pac:)
    Lee Vs inebriated Onion
    >Fergus< vs Onion salty (<Not Onion<) ST run-back
    Chunkis Vs Lagless Monitor
    Eff Vs Competent player in SFXT

None of these fabricated matchs reflect anything of the players IRL ofc
    etc:P

And Razor ofc commentates w/e match just because.

I've intermediate skills using Sony Vegas so I could assemble something on the levels of the Shadolow Showdown Promo vid

We can team up on that indevour :pac:

Much like I mentioned to Doom, if he (and or Doyler) manages to organise a barfight tourney that'll be streamable, I'd totally be up for helping with a promo vid for it with a link to the stream.

Then get everyone in the Irish community ever to send it as a news tip to sites like Eventhubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Ok lads, just to confirm we are officially running ST as the side tourney instead of SFxT, and we will be running TTT2 from the poll results! I'm not getting many responses on the subject of equipment and the bringing thereof, so if people can get on that it would be fantastic, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm not getting many responses on the subject of equipment and the bringing thereof, so if people can get on that it would be fantastic, thanks!

Did you ask about equipment? I didn't see any messages.

I can bring a 360 patched for AE 2012, Marvel DLC chars and ST.

Also AE and UMvC3 discs.

Advertisement