Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Champions 8, The Comeback Tour(nament) - Jan 5th 2013 - THE CLARENCE Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Did you ask about equipment? I didn't see any messages.

I can bring a 360 patched for AE 2012, Marvel DLC chars and ST.

Also AE and UMvC3 discs.

It's in the first post! That's great btw, just PM me so I don't miss you when making a list. You'll get a discount ad usual. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Just found out im working the same day as this. :P
    Be pretty **** if I missed 2 tournies in a row. Gonna have to try and get down for this.
    If I kan make it ill have a console for MK.
    Would love some 3s at this too I ****ing love that game.
    TTT2 I havn't had the chance to lay into too much. Its just sitting there. Kuni and Ogre took too long to be released :P

All the best,
    OBS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Hoping we find Eff soon.

Image2_zps859fff81.png

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

Ive the same situation with Razer :(. Really wanted to play marvel. Its my first job tho so obviously its not a good move to ask for leave after working the 1st 3 days.

I hope I can make it on Sunday events or casuals in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just found out im working the same day as this. :P
    Be pretty **** if I missed 2 tournies in a row. Gonna have to try and get down for this.
    If I kan make it ill have a console for MK.
    Would love some 3s at this too I ****ing love that game.
    TTT2 I havn't had the chance to lay into too much. Its just sitting there. Kuni and Ogre took too long to be released :P

All the best,
    OBS

Waitaminute! You spelled console with a C instead of a K. You're not Razer, you're Shsng Tsung in disguise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ooooh me accents slipping!

Right lads, thus far i have five xboxes and one monitor being brought on Saturday. This is leading me to two conclusions, firstly, if the MK guys want MK run on PS3 they'd need to be organising themselves to make sure at elast one is brought. I currently have a PS3 in my possession, though no controller and no disc. If I can make it to casuals this week i will try get a disc of one of you, borrow a controller off a mate and get it updated. Aside from that, I cannot run this whole tournament on five consoles, so if i can't get a few more volunteers then i may have to cut a game or two, and i'll be most interested in the interestd of those who made the effort to bring kit when doing so, so if possible can everyone see if they can make a little more effort and make sure this tournament is a big success! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll be there on Saturday with a 360, PS3, two monitors, AE, ST and Marvel for 360 and MK for PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

will have my xbox and umvc3 ae and ttt2. only dlc on my xbox is 2012 though

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Right lads, thus far i have five xboxes and one monitor being brought on Saturday. This is leading me to two conclusions, firstly, if the MK guys want MK run on PS3 they'd need to be organising themselves to make sure at elast one is brought. I currently have a PS3 in my possession, though no controller and no disc. If I can make it to casuals this week i will try get a disc of one of you, borrow a controller off a mate and get it updated. Aside from that, I cannot run this whole tournament on five consoles, so if i can't get a few more volunteers then i may have to cut a game or two, and i'll be most interested in the interestd of those who made the effort to bring kit when doing so, so if possible can everyone see if they can make a little more effort and make sure this tournament is a big success! :)

I won't find out if I can make it to about Tuesday. Ill let you know soon as if I kan get down, ill have a "k"onsole with me too if im able to attend :)

DeathRider: Its not an MK forum dude haha remember all the naggin'?
    Blame the others haha

All the best,
    OBS.......... YOUR SOUL IS MINE!

• Advertisement

Is TTT2 going to be on PS3 or 360?

If PS3, I'll have that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Whatever console TTT2 is on it will need to have all the recent updates through Xbox live or PSN, we need all them free DLC characters :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Whatever console TTT2 is on it will need to have all the recent updates through Xbox live or PSN, we need all them free DLC characters :)

Well, it kind of depends on what consoles the tekken players bring!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Whatever console TTT2 is on it will need to have all the recent updates through Xbox
      live or PSN, we need all them free DLC characters :)
      Well, it kind of depends on what consoles the tekken players bring!
      €20 Tekken players have a Soul Calibar fiasco

Hope you lads pull the finger out, SC scene sure didn't
      :pac:

Right now we're looking a bit better on kit. We should have 8 setups at the moment, one of which is a PS3 currently. Is anyone around Dublin this week that could lend me discs for the relevent games that need patching on PS3 and then I can bring my own one too?

I'll be there on Saturday with a 360, PS3, two monitors, AE, ST and Marvel for 360 and MK for PS3.

Also thanks for this Chopper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Please don't make me use Xiaoyu at a tournament again >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I don't know where Voa's post asking if the venue had been booked is gone (it was there yesterday!) but it's still a valid question. I just had a wee look at the Exchange's booking calendar and ye're not on it for Saturday. Also there's an event booked from 4pm onwards so are ye finishing by then Aileen or what's the sca?

Just to double check sure :)

Konata wrote: »
      I don't know where Voa's post asking if the venue had been booked is gone (it was there yesterday!) but it's still a valid question. I just had a wee look at the Exchange's booking calendar and ye're not on it for Saturday. Also there's an event booked from 4pm onwards so are ye finishing by then Aileen or what's the sca?

Just to double check sure :)

I deleted it, because something was up and I didn't want misinformation going around.

Important announcement: Venue has changed to the Clarence Hotel due to booking conflicts

We're in the Clarence again. I assume everyone is happy with this!

Aileen is working tonight but I assume she'll be back to field questions if needs be.

For anyone who is new, the Clarence is about 30 seconds away from the Exchange, no need to panic.

Oh, if people could spread the word, I'd appreciate it.

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

For anyone who is new, the Clarence is about 30 seconds away from the Exchange, no need to panic.

Ah! I was just wondering when I saw the Exchange timetable :)

Yeah sorry about that guys, basically came down to miscommunication with the Exchange, but secured the Clarence today, so we're back in a nice plushy room! This should be an extra incentive for everyone to attend, its after Christmas and everyone is in recovery mode from too much Turkey/Ham/Alcohol/Too much family based social interaction/Staring at TVs with no social interaction at all. :) Its gonna be a great tourney, we're gonna have loads of kit, and we've got that room all day so much less of a time issue, so all five games should get played.

Clarence, awesome. What time should I be there from?

Clarence, awesome. What time should I be there from?

It opens to us at 10 am, so anytime from then, I guess.

IT's FCUKING ON NOW, CHAPS.

That's the place the SFxT launch was held isn't it?

Will def try and get down and pot monster in comfort. :D

Wasn't keen on the exchange at all last time so this is a good change for all assuming you get numbers to cover it.

Yup, that's the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

IT's FCUKING ON NOW, CHAPS.

*reads Youtube comments*

1. "lythero uses a broken team? doesn't this fool uses doom and Logan?" -LionWriteMK1-

2. "hes a scrub for thinking joe has broken ****", "who the **** dose this guy think he is what a prick" -LarvitarTheBeast-

3. "Dude plays Hawkeye/Doom/Wolverine. Is he on crack?" -hathejoker-

4. "Lythero you are my hero" -japserboy-

5. " "Using broken ****,he just takes advantage of the game" coming from the guy who uses Doctor Footdive. OH THE IRONY! Please body this trash talking salty piece of **** Lythero." -Muffins117-

6. " "He is using broken ****... " OH YOU MEAN THOSE LOW TO MID TIER GUYS? YOU MEAN PHOENIX WRIGHT? AND HIS LUCK BASED BAD EVIDENCE? DANTE WITH HIS HORRIBLE ONLINE TIMING? OR JOE WITH HIS LOW DAMAGE? Yeah just a broken as **** team. Ban Joe from evo. Cheep character." -Natakupl-

7. "**** HIM I love ur vids can u add my on psn I already added u I'm AsianLegend2" -TheGrandGamerz-

8. "This Onion guy seems fraudlent
      I think he was quite rude to Mr Lee and needs to be dealt with pronto
      I say we all find his house and plant a giant V in his lawn engulfed in flames
      Signed, A true Lythero supporter" -Nutrient16-

double-facepalm.jpg

They aren't even keeping up a strong Kayfabe or anything, YOU CAN SEE AND HEAR THEM JOKING TOGETHER IN THE VIDEO.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

That's even ignoring the rather clear "We're kidding don't get your panties in a bunch" disclaimer.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

Guys, I'm flying in and I just realized that I arrive on the 4th at 8am. Any idea what I could do in Dublin for a day? XDDD
      Also, I'm looking into hostels, etc. So if anyone's in the same boat and would possibly like to split a room or whatever, hit me up :D

Advertisement