Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Champions 8, The Comeback Tour(nament) - Jan 5th 2013 - THE CLARENCE Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

This is too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

NocturNeru wrote: »
    Guys, I'm flying in and I just realized that I arrive on the 4th at 8am. Any idea what I could do in Dublin for a day? XDDD
    Also, I'm looking into hostels, etc. So if anyone's in the same boat and would possibly like to split a room or whatever, hit me up :D

Well i'm not doing anything on Friday currently so you can defo have a tour guide for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

Fergus_ wrote: »
    This is too good.

Glad you like.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Nothing makes me happier than riling up the fanbois. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Nothing makes me happier than riling up the fanbois. :pac:

You should get in the comments section. I'm already crapping myself laughing.

Also, you better beat Lythero at this tournament after all this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Right anyone know what time MK will be starting? I think im in work to 12 so if I kan't get it off I kould try and arrive down afterwards might take an hour and a half though. I don't wanna miss this iv got some kursing to do with DR :'(

All the best,
    OBS

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Hey guys, what time is Tekken likely to be on? I'm kinda stuck for time and am trying to figure out how to compete in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

Well i'm not doing anything on Friday currently so you can defo have a tour guide for the day!

Wait, can I really? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Also, you better beat Lythero at this tournament after all this :D

Naw, D4rk Onion's the villain YouTube deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Right anyone know what time MK will be starting? I think im in work to 12 so if I kan't get it off I kould try and arrive down afterwards might take an hour and a half though. I don't wanna miss this iv got some kursing to do with DR :'(

All the best,
    OBS

I'll do my best to hold off on it, but can't promise, it depends how many people enter. If its only 12 or 15 we can wait till two, but if its like 20+ i'll have to start it earlier!
    Hey guys, what time is Tekken likely to be on? I'm kinda stuck for time and am trying to figure out how to compete in this.

Would it suit to run Tekken first, that way we can run some matches on PS3s if people prefer?
    NocturNeru wrote: »
    Wait, can I really? :D

I will at least meet you for lunch, hospitality of the irish and all that! PM me and we'll sort out a meeting place and time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Lythero wrote: »
    Naw, D4rk Onion's the villain YouTube deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

If Onion gets bodied there'll be a huge commerativevideo right after it

'Arch enemy D4rk Onion defeated'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

I'll do my best to hold off on it, but can't promise, it depends how many people enter. If its only 12 or 15 we can wait till two, but if its like 20+ i'll have to start it earlier!

doubt mk will get 20+ tbh
    also what u were saying about consoles for mk, i should be able to get 2-3 ps3 fully patched with DLC also, not sure if they all with hd wires. will confirm number tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Kool ill find out tomorrow what time I can get in for if I can at all.
    Hopefully all will be well. :)

All the best,
    OBS

Nutrient wrote: »
    If Onion gets bodied there'll be a huge commerativevideo right after it

'Arch enemy D4rk Onion defeated'

Anything that grows the scene makes me happy, I don't mind the outcome :)

Also, I am genuinely afraid of the lack of awareness shown by Lee's fans. Despite disclaimers and giggling, they genuinely think I'm being serious. Scary

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Yeah, I'm a little concerned as well.

I'll keep and eye on things and make sure it doesn't get out of hand. Getting more exposure for Dublin is nice, but if too many folks get the wrong impression I'll start stressing that it's only a joke.

Also, I am genuinely afraid of the lack of awareness shown by Lee's fans. Despite disclaimers and giggling, they genuinely think I'm being serious. Scary

Be funny if contary to their belief in Lee you destroy him with dark phoenix lol

If it's still going in the morning I'll have to ask you to step in Lee, thanks... I don't need a real internet mob after me!

If it's still going in the morning I'll have to ask you to step in Lee, thanks... I don't need a real internet mob after me!

Every cosplayer at future cosplay events will be faceless agents of his League determined to **** with you

I can see me getting assassinated Ezio-style by some Overweight Viewtful Joe cosplayer...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nutrient wrote: »
    Every cosplayer at future cosplay events will be faceless agents of his League determined to **** with you

I can see me getting assassinated Ezio-style by some Overweight Viewtful Joe cosplayer...
    That's why you should use wired pad.

It makes a good impromptu weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

guys is the clarence that hotel beside xgc? i guess i am gonna make it after all. quit the job before my first day started.

I mean srsly who works 10-8, mon-sat on commission, geez =p. Im not that crazy going for hours like that and earning peanuts. ;)

still have that issue of not having a xbox controlla tho :(

• Advertisement

MrHorse wrote: »
    guys is the clarence that hotel beside xgc? i guess i am gonna make it after all. quit the job before my first day started.

I mean srsly who works 10-8, mon-sat on commission, geez =p. Im not that crazy going for hours like that and earning peanuts. ;)

Ben probably would have :P

Yes, the clerance is literally around the corner
    the exchange staff will know where we're just in case anything goes sour

I do recommend been one of the first people to arrive for your own sake.

nobody will expect you to lend a hand unless you're well known...used to get away with not setting up tables :D
    but ofc, to help...>its just Common Courtesy< when you've learn the origin of this phrase; you're pretty 1 of us

It's beside the Exchange, the front entrance is on the south quay of the Liffey. You can't really miss it.

10 hour day six days a week for commision? Having a laugh!

Lythero wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm a little concerned as well.

I'll keep and eye on things and make sure it doesn't get out of hand. Getting more exposure for Dublin is nice, but if too many folks get the wrong impression I'll start stressing that it's only a joke.

I've a theory about the whole thing, would be interested in Lythero's opinion on it.

There's different levels of understanding about FGs. There are people who don't grasp FGs on a level that people like Lythero and I do and because their level of comprehension is a wee bit below ours we have a magic mix of approachability and "skill" which a proper top player like, say, Deiminion in my case or F Champ in his wouldn't have. No one but me would probably be aware but even I with my much smaller channel get fairly regular "plz help me with X match up with Guile" messages. There's nothing wrong with this- natural order of things.

The people who're getting pissed off about this- well, I would think of them as pretty much the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to understanding FGs. They're very analogous to the "Marks" in wrestling. This looks like an insult but it's not- I know very few people who love wrestling but didn't start out as marks, it's all about natural growth. I think one of the interesting things here was when the Mike Ross/ Jago rivallry was going on, I can remember having an IRC discussion over Dreddy about just how faked it was: we're "smarks"() in the wrestling analogy, not part of that scene but have spent enough time and effort that we recognised a work.

Some people, though, don't grow beyond being a mark ever. They're happy appreciating FGs/ whatever at that level. They don't recognise Onion's having a laugh because they don't want to: They want their good vs evil story and they want Lythero to win at the end. In the wrasslin that's known as "paying off the fued": of course we're not going to fix a match, so god knows how it'll pan out.

Here's the thing though- I would bet the majority of the views most FG youtubers get are from "marks". It's always going to be a pyramid of players when it comes to understanding with the likes of, say, Infil at the top and people braying for the blood of their chosen one at the bottom.

Of course- it's the "marks" who keep the wrasslin' companies in business, and similarly I can see the future of FG streams relying on the money people who like watching but never really get too far into the scene will provide. They'll never look into why Onion hates Lythero or (bigger scale obviously) Jago hates Mike Ross, because they either don't care to understand or can't. Not everyone is as balls deep in FGs as we are!

I've a theory about the whole thing, would be interested in Lythero's opinion on it.

There's different levels of understanding about FGs. There are people who don't grasp FGs on a level that people like Lythero and I do and because their level of comprehension is a wee bit below ours we have a magic mix of approachability and "skill" which a proper top player like, say, Deiminion in my case or F Champ in his wouldn't have. No one but me would probably be aware but even I with my much smaller channel get fairly regular "plz help me with X match up with Guile" messages. There's nothing wrong with this- natural order of things.

The people who're getting pissed off about this- well, I would think of them as pretty much the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to understanding FGs. They're very analogous to the "Marks" in wrestling. This looks like an insult but it's not- I know very few people who love wrestling but didn't start out as marks, it's all about natural growth. I think one of the interesting things here was when the Mike Ross/ Jago rivallry was going on, I can remember having an IRC discussion over Dreddy about just how faked it was: we're "smarks"() in the wrestling analogy, not part of that scene but have spent enough time and effort that we recognised a work.

Some people, though, don't grow beyond being a mark ever. They're happy appreciating FGs/ whatever at that level. They don't recognise Onion's having a laugh because they don't want to: They want their good vs evil story and they want Lythero to win at the end. In the wrasslin that's known as "paying off the fued": of course we're not going to fix a match, so god knows how it'll pan out.

Here's the thing though- I would bet the majority of the views most FG youtubers get are from "marks". It's always going to be a pyramid of players when it comes to understanding with the likes of, say, Infil at the top and people braying for the blood of their chosen one at the bottom.

Of course- it's the "marks" who keep the wrasslin' companies in business, and similarly I can see the future of FG streams relying on the money people who like watching but never really get too far into the scene will provide. They'll never look into why Onion hates Lythero or (bigger scale obviously) Jago hates Mike Ross, because they either don't care to understand or can't. Not everyone is as balls deep in FGs as we are!

Pretty solid case

Whens Mahvel?
    http://www.whensmarvel.com/

Also response to message on Lees video
    "That's quite the plan there. This outta change Onion-man's opinion about us Lythero fans not thinking!"

....no comment

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

Looks like we got our main event for Bar Fights.

Raawron wrote: »
    Looks like we got our main event for Bar Fights.

Pad players vs Stick players lets go

Amount of talent on Pads way exceeds that of stick-users:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

don't worry, just ask around when you get there. i went to a tourny without a stick before and managed to borrow off someone. people are more than happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

whats the prize money for st?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

chunkis wrote: »

It'll depend on numbers Chunkis.

• Advertisement

chunkis wrote: »

All depends on entrants

12 people usually pulls 35 to 50quid for 1st place so theres something to go by

However we're in the clarence this time around so I imagine the prize money will be taken a substantial hit

Advertisement