Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Champions 8, The Comeback Tour(nament) - Jan 5th 2013 - THE CLARENCE Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

chunkis wrote: »
    whats the prize money for st?

I'm usually very fair about prize money but I'm not giving specifics till I see how many are in it. I'd usually roughly 60/30/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Yominikui

I may be able to make it.
    However, I live in Belfast, so I'll need to organize travel first - will most likely take a bus.

In which case I can bring a PS3 console with an HDMI cable or PS2 cables (whichever is preferred(?)) and a copy of TTT2.
    My only worry would be misplacing my things~ Is there any system in place to prevent this?

Also, does this tournament series have a stream or Youtube account? I'd be interested in checking out videos from previous events.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yominikui wrote: »
    However, I live in Belfast, so I'll need to organize travel first - will most likely take a bus.

In which case I can bring a PS3 console with an HDMI cable or PS2 cables (whichever is preferred(?)) and a copy of TTT2.
    My only worry would be misplacing my things~ Is there any system in place to prevent this?

Also, does this tournament series have a stream or Youtube account? I'd be interested in checking out videos from previous events.

Thanks

We don't stream, but all of our footage can be found on www.youtube.com/user/brianvondoom

I'd suggest taping labels to your equipment, but it's quite rare anything goes missing as we're quite a small community.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I think you've got the situation well pinned, Doom.

However, I'd like to point out something odd. The majority of people leaving comments are folks I regularly see giving feedback on my vids. In this case they either got the humour and played along with sarcastic comments, or complimented on how the editing worked well to make it funny. At the worst, they expressed confusion about this issue and asked instead of jumping to conclusions such as:
    Fulmetal102494 1 day ago
    The thumbnail in this video is basically my exact reaction after watching haha.. And then I got confused after the disclaimer said they're just having fun... So was what D4rk Onion said "serious," or is he just messing around? lol

Here's a couple of comments from viewers that seemed to take the video seriously (from what their comment implies at least):
    WaNgTaCuLaR 1 day ago
    Weak ass smack talk.
    LionWriteMK1 1 day ago
    lythero uses a broken team? doesn't this fool uses doom and Logan?
    LarvitarTheBeast 1 day ago
    who the **** dose this guy think he is what a prick

I don't recognise any of these usernames, and don't recall them commenting on my videos before. So does this mean that videos that "troll" simply attract a different kind of audience? At any rate, it seems to have completely died down.

Until you get ass-hats like this kicking the embers in everyone's face:
    Kieran Gleeson 3 hours ago
    This Onion chap is an amazing player, doesn't need to resort to using cheap tactics with characters no one plays to win!

bruce+lee+laugh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

That's not Nutrient :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Thanks

Glad to see you found your way here alright :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

PPC wrote: »
    That's not Nutrient :D

Of course not its Bruce Lee

Oh, I could've sworn it was an alt account lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

Lythero wrote: »
    I don't recognise any of these usernames, and don't recall them commenting on my videos before.

Lee, LarvitarTheBeast has commented on a bunch of your videos. I'm surprised you would allow such an oversight. Perhaps you should re-examine your case files :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Casuals: dedicated console?

• Advertisement

Its not out of the realm of possibility at the moment!

Thanks

If you can take both cables that'd be good cause i'm not 100% certain on which monitors are being brought. Defo labelling is a good way to go, but even in the rare case of something going missing its usually cause someone else took it by accident and it gets returned asap. We will be recording all major matches, Doom will have them up in his youtube channel as soon as he can after.

Just be sure that the labels don't look too nice, or you might get in trouble.

My giant silver flight case has a "DOOMBOX" label on it, just in case it gets mixed up with all the other giant silver flight cases you see at our tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Will Bono be making an appearance? I hear he plays a mean Sheeva.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

deathrider wrote: »
    Will Bono be making an appearance? I hear he plays a mean Sheeva.

I don't know about Bono but The Edge would of shown up but he only plays Soulcalibur (that's where he got his name from) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I don't know about Bono but The Edge would of shown up but he only plays Soulcalibur (that's where he got his name from) :)

Hmmmm, then shouldn't they play Soul music instead of... Ya know... Crap. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

hey guys i managed to borrow an xbox controlla but no1 that i know of seems to have an extra charging wire to lend me :(

is it cool if some1 out of the goodness out of their hearts let me borrow one during the tournament?

hopefully i can get a few casuals in before tournament starts;)

btw the dpad in a 360 controller is horrible lol :p and i seriously gotta get a few games in hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

bring one, and there is? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

MrHorse wrote: »
    hey guys i managed to borrow an xbox controlla but no1 that i know of seems to have an extra charging wire to lend me :(

is it cool if some1 out of the goodness out of their hearts let me borrow one during the tournament?

hopefully i can get a few casuals in before tournament starts;)

btw the dpad in a 360 controller is horrible lol :p and i seriously gotta get a few games in hehe

don't worry man. like i said before just ask around when you get to the venue. people in the community are all quite friendly so im sure someone will lend you what you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

2gen wrote: »
    don't worry man. like i said before just ask around when you get to the venue. people in the community are all quite friendly so im sure someone will lend you what you need.

**** that, my cable :pac:

Protip: Don't ask Bourke for **** if he shows up from wherever Eff is hiding

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'm pretty hyped to get a burrito after this.

Is there a timetable up?

thanks 2gen;) ... and nutrient too i think :p

im purty excited for the tournament hehe my first one:D

i will c if i can make it early there to help set up and everything.

P.S. - im quite the niteowl so i cant make guarantees of being there early lol.

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Is there a timetable up?

I've gotten a few questions about this so here's a PROVISIONAL TIMETABLE.

*TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON NUMBERS*

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 & Super Street Fighter II: Turbo - 12.00pm SHARP
    Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 & Mortal Kombat ~1.30pm
    Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v.2012 ~ 2.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Unfortunately i wont be able to attend, have to prepare for exams, hope it goes great tho.

rite i tried to borrow an xbox charging cable for the xbox controller but i cant get my hands on a spare one. im gonna trust 2gen and just gamble showing up there without one.:D

best of luck to everyone in the tournaments tomorrow and more power to the fgc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Official. I WILL be down for this :)
    Ill bring a konsole and MK.
    Iv got all other games bar Ultimate Mahvel so if they needed let me know.
    Love that konsole discount :)

All the best,
    OBS

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

TIGERNORM CONFIRMED

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

TIGERNORM CONFIRMED

tumblr_mfox4faK3p1qmutyeo1_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient